Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
A couple of my favourites
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Soul to Squeeze

Muse - Hysteria

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Gonna say it, Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple.

The main guitar riff overshadows what is a banging driving bass line.

But, The bass carries the song, giving it a heavy driving beat that for me frankly elevates that song and brings the whole band together.

When that bass line kicks in the track really gets going.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
A couple of my favourites
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Soul to Squeeze

Muse - Hysteria
The bass in Soul to Squeeze is absolutely amazing. I get the same vibes when listening to Road Trippin as well - it's always good to hear Flea not going on a mindless wankathon for five minutes, smacking his bass like he's trying to shake it down for money.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
The bass in Soul to Squeeze is absolutely amazing. I get the same vibes when listening to Road Trippin as well - it's always good to hear Flea not going on a mindless wankathon for five minutes, smacking his bass like he's trying to shake it down for money.
Road Trippin is a great shout too. Flea has bags of talent but he’s at his best in songs like this for sure, sometimes he needs to take a leaf out of Fruciantes book and wind it in a bit.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Road Trippin is a great shout too. Flea has bags of talent but he’s at his best in songs like this for sure, sometimes he needs to take a leaf out of Fruciantes book and wind it in a bit.
Oh, without a doubt. I've never really gotten the hate for him. When I was younger it seemed like the thing to do - "oh, he's got sloppy technique", "he's an overrated twat" etc. But I think he's really good. Slap technique is a bit weird but the man knows how to lock in with a drummer and come up with some nice melodic basslines.

Folk always say "he gets more attention than Wooten or Miller and that's not fair", and I'd agree that they're more talented than Flea, but that doesn't make him shit. Plus if Vic and Mac did their usual thing while John just sat back and kept it easy you'd probably think "who's this twat drowning out the rest of the band? Doesn't he know that he should appreciate that Frusciante is only sober for three minutes every day?"

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Not quite as subtle as Flea in Soul to Squeeze, but Primus was a good time. Check out Wynona’s Big Brown Beaver for the most unintentionally terrifying music video ever.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Oh, without a doubt. I've never really gotten the hate for him. When I was younger it seemed like the thing to do - "oh, he's got sloppy technique", "he's an overrated twat" etc. But I think he's really good. Slap technique is a bit weird but the man knows how to lock in with a drummer and come up with some nice melodic basslines.

Folk always say "he gets more attention than Wooten or Miller and that's not fair", and I'd agree that they're more talented than Flea, but that doesn't make him shit. Plus if Vic and Mac did their usual thing while John just sat back and kept it easy you'd probably think "who's this twat drowning out the rest of the band? Doesn't he know that he should appreciate that Frusciante is only sober for three minutes every day?"
:lol:

I find it incredible they’ve only lost 1 person to drugs. My favourite is Chad Smith is just like this middle aged country dude that hits the beers whilst the rest of them are complete reprobates

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
:lol:

I find it incredible they’ve only lost 1 person to drugs. My favourite is Chad Smith is just like this middle aged country dude that hits the beers whilst the rest of them are complete reprobates
:lol: it should be called Vedder Syndrome. Someone who everyone said "yup, he'll be dead within a year" for about thirty years straight, and yet he's still here rocking out.

Havak

Pokemon master
Not sure about greatest, but some of my favourites to play were:

Muse - Hysteria
The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back