Greatest Dribbler of All Time

M15 Red.

Best dribbler? It's a toss of a coin between 3 of them.

Messi.
Maradona.
Mailbu man.

allen7

There’s a video in youtube titled “messi is a dog” that will explain why he’s the greatest dribbler.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Is there a slight chance that Ronaldinho is getting over rated?
He was obviously a joy to watch but I certainly remember him losing the ball a lot of times, could be frustrating even.

Definitely the most eye pleasing of the modern group of players however.

Mainoldo

I wonder who would be considered the best primarily right footed dribbler of all time, guys like Ronaldinho, Zidane from the modern era though very different styles than the lefties. George Best of course but he was so 2 footed it would almost be an insulting question to him.
I would add Neymar. I didn’t even realise it was a list of lefties.

passi0509

Supports
SV Werder Bremen
1. Messi
2. Ronaldinho
3. Neymar in his Prime

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I reckon Nani is a better close dribbler than Giggs. I should clarify that close dribbler was probably the wrong choice, I mean from a standing start one on one, rather than dribbling at speed whilst flying down the wing. I think Giggs and Ronaldo have him beat on that, but put pretty much any defender against nani in the corner, both at a stop, his feet were ridiculously quick.
I can see what you mean. Nani was exciting at times and did seem capable of magic at times with his quick feet.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Robben
Maradona
Messi
Ben Arfa
Giggs

No particular order as I couldn’t decided. Hands down say I don’t think Messi is the best though.
Messi is heads and shoulders above giggs. Especially both in their dribbling prime. And Giggs is my favourite ever player.

Mainoldo

Messi is heads and shoulders above giggs. Especially both in their dribbling prime. And Giggs is my favourite ever player.
I didn’t say he wasn’t… I just gave a list of my 5 favourite.

Bobski

I reckon Nani is a better close dribbler than Giggs. I should clarify that close dribbler was probably the wrong choice, I mean from a standing start one on one, rather than dribbling at speed whilst flying down the wing. I think Giggs and Ronaldo have him beat on that, but put pretty much any defender against nani in the corner, both at a stop, his feet were ridiculously quick.
Yep, that would be a fair distinction, peak Nani was outstanding from a standing start, quick feet, agility and surprising upper body strength.

Giggs had a fairly unique dribbling style, super direct and penetrative, amazing at carrying the ball over distance at speed, the engine of Utds counter attack for years. Most guys who try to run with the ball from deep are kick and rush style players. Giggs dribbled at very high speed with the ball incredibly close, allowed that quick weaving style, fantastic balance and control of the ball.

Watching him murder orthodox midfielders with his change of pace at 35+ was a highlight of late career Giggs.

Skills

Snitch
Is there a slight chance that Ronaldinho is getting over rated?
He was obviously a joy to watch but I certainly remember him losing the ball a lot of times, could be frustrating even.

Definitely the most eye pleasing of the modern group of players however.
Flashy dribblers get overrated.

Oranges038

Surely it's Salah.

He is the best attacking player in the best team ever after all.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The best dribblers, not skill or flair, are MARADONA BEST MESSI. Each a phenomenon

Pickle85

Messi and Maradona are the most effective I've seen enough of to say. Ronaldinho was a lot of fun to watch too. Not seen enough of Pele or Georgie to have an opinion.

ForeverRed1

Messi.. by far. Unbelievable how he would just glide through 4/5/6 players at such close control. Stuck to his feet.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Not the best ever, but Michael Laudrup was pure silk. He was a bit before my time but I remember watching a YouTube highlights vid of his and was blown away by just how good he was! He's got to be one of the most underrated or slept on players. I never hear anyone mention him.

Skills

Snitch
Definitely one of the best, not overly reliant on pace either. Feints and trickery.
if he had more pace, I think he'd have a claim to be the best. I think technically he's right up there with Messi (dribbling wise), but the latter had explosive pace to burn as well.

Tavern in the town

Messi is comfortably the best for me. But as an outside shout I think Hazard belongs in these conversations.

Frank Grimes

Not the best ever, but Michael Laudrup was pure silk. He was a bit before my time but I remember watching a YouTube highlights vid of his and was blown away by just how good he was! He's got to be one of the most underrated or slept on players. I never hear anyone mention him.
Good shout. His goal v Uruguay in Mexico 86 was a great example of his dribbling ability.

iHicksy

I still love Fat Ronaldo at his peak, it was just endless step overs pace and power.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Maradona easily the best ever. Messi 2nd, no other players come close.
The vid on page one if in glorious HD would change perspective a whooole lot..

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Fantastic player. Scored a great dribble goal for Denmark in the 86 World Cup.

Edit: just realised that someone else has already referenced this goal :lol:

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Messi above anyone else easily. His technique is some lightning in a bottle stuff (everything about him tbf). The close control and precision at high speeds, the decision making and ability to glide past challenges. And on top he has dribbles where he seems to magically go through entire teams that are setup so well but be still manages to.

So glad he fecked off to PSG and Madrid don’t have to deal with him anymore.

KeanoMagicHat

Messi and Maradona are a level above the rest in terms of consistent game changing dribbling at the highest level. If I had to pick one I’d say Maradona. Constantly a threat and that one skill elevated him to a stratospheric level.

Garrincha, Best and Cruyff up there too, Zidane and Ronaldinho for the most graceful dribbling.

Supports
Chelsea
In more recent years, Messi is in a league of his own. Followed by:

2. Hazard
3. Dembele
4. Neymar
5. Ribery