Greatest European striker of the 21st Century - Cristiano Ronaldo

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I don't know what is the true definition of striker anymore.

Why not just change the name to "best forward"

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Too loose a definition of striker to make this one fun. A bit of a pointless task.

So Ronaldo wins with a, lets be honest, laughable 54%. How can 46% seriously think Henry was better than him.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Some flavour of the month going on, Mbappe over Kane.

Has to be Ronaldo followed by Henry for me. Although Ronaldo as a striker is a stretch.

RUCK4444

Ronaldo as a striker is a slight stretch but he’s better than all of the other players in the list and scored more goals than all of them put together probably :lol: so he still wins

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
You are still inflating the importance of a team he happened to play for winning something rather than focus on him as an individual - I think he is a fantastic talent but he is playing in a duff league unlike Kane who is delivering similar (if not slightly better) stats in a much stronger league (and also not in the best team) year after year. Him winning league titles and cups with PSG is essentially like being a Celtic player and claiming to be a top class player because you have a league winners medal every year.
How about him winning the league with Monaco for the first time in a long time and reaching the semi-final of the CL as the highest scorer on the team at 18? World cup the next year being the best young player. He's already a better player than Kane (who's no slouch himself), and his numbers speak for themselves in Europe where PSG is always shaky and he's not taking penalties unlike Kane. You can only beat what's in front of you, but if anybody thinks Mbappe will get exposed in the premier league or la liga is just being disingenuous. He's a top player wherever he goes, and with more responsibilities will most likely maintain or even exceed his tallies which are pretty much keeping pace with the Lewandowski, Messi, and Ronaldo's of the world.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Neither is Ronaldo
I am unsure on which tectonic plate Madeira is located, but I know that it is part of Portugal, which is... [checks globe] part of Europe.

MrEleson

The poll between Ronaldo & Henry was surprisingly close when Henry probably wasn’t even half the player he was.

It’s unfair to put Ronaldo or Messi in a contest with any other modern player unless they’re gonna be competing with each other, otherwise it will always be a monumental mismatch.

Last edited:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The poll between Ronaldo & Henry was surprisingly close when Henry probably wasn’t even half the player as good as he was.

It’s unfair to put Ronaldo or Messi in a contest with any other modern player unless they’re gonna be competing with each other, otherwise it will always be a monumental mismatch.
For now, but I suspect there will be more players coming up that put up similar numbers as CR7 and Messi, Mbappe is already well on his way, Haaland too. Now that there's a whole generation that's grown up to see it's possible, it will happen again for sure before the 21st century is over.

Eddy_JukeZ

Alarming that 46% voted for Henry.

Ronaldo is on a different level.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
None of Ronaldo, Mbappe, Del Piero, Totti or Bale are strikers, especially not Bale.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I am honestly shocked that Ronaldo vs Henry was close yet Henry vs Del Piero was so lopsided. I understand the PL bias, but still, I would expect the latter to be closer than the former.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
This didn't even need to be made a poll. Was never a debate.