Greatest headed goals...

Brightonian

Obviously you remember your own team's goals for longer but the Van Persie one came to my mind instantly. So memorable because heading the ball was such an interesting choice in that moment, and it's so rare to see headers used to lob the keeper.

Park's improvised effort against Arsenal was a sweet one too, although it's hard to find decent footage of it for some reason. The nerve of some gunners at the time suggesting it wasn't intentional!

I'd forgotten about Chicharito's backwards header, that was another interesting one.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Dmitriy Khokhlov vs Inter

For a classic own goal, here's Yuri Kovtun all but killing Russian chances of qualifying for Euro 2000 with a precision diving header.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Mark Robins v forest 1990 FA cup rd 3. Steve Bruce against Sheffield Wednesday 1993 These 2 beat all others
Both were important but I think the Robins one is class and different to most of the others posted here. He has to watch it bounce off the pitch and gauge HOW it will bounce, pace, etc. He also has Stuart Pearce trying to leg him. Waits, watches and with hardly any pace on it, puts it right in the corner. Brilliant.... and the cross wasn't bad either.

This ⬇ was another vital goal for us but also really hard to execute. Watch how Cantona sprints to the back post to get to where he thinks the cross will go. Then he has a really small space to put it in, an excellent goalie (narrowing the space) and he was running away from the cross which is really hard to control BUT .... it's Eric? :)

Most headed goals are from a cross purely in the air (unlike Robins') and/or the goalscorer is standing still/having to make little movement (unlike Cantonas').

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Joao Pinto vs England Euro 2000 has a special place in my heart.

SLBenfica1904

Supports
SLBenfica
Joao Pinto vs England Euro 2000 has a special place in my heart.
What? I just came here to say this. Searched on YouTube but only found a video of 10 seconds. If I remember correctly that goal came after a long sequence of passes and gave even more meaning to it.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Van Persie has to be? In the World Cup. The Ronaldo header against Roma is as good as it gets too.

Albin Johansson

Javier Borgetti vs Italy in the World cup 2002 is insane.

(I still lack some likes to make it a video... just search it on Youtube)

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool

I remember my Newcastle supporting brother telling me all about Cisse's outside the box header back when he was all the rage in 2012. The assist weren't bad either.

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
I remember a Porto striker (Jesus?) score a great header goal. I don't really remember, maybe around 12 years ago. Probably in a European Cup match.
I wish a Porto fan can help me.

BrownRecluse

Supports
Liverpool
It has to be Drogba’s CL winner for me. I hate Chelsea, but in his last game, after Chelsea were being battered the whole match for him to put in such a precision header in the dying mins to send it to OT. Magical.

MrEleson

This one by Ronaldo in a relatively low-profile league game deserves a shout. Arbeloa played the ball slightly behind him but he somehow manages to generate enough power from his neck muscles to re-direct the ball accurately into the top corner.

Another one from the same season. Somehow manages to re-direct a hard hit cross into the opposite corner.

This one by Messi in the 2009 CL final deserves a shout too. I think when it happened everyone was shocked at how he managed to do it especially considering it was done against the colossal Rio and Vidic CB pairing.

The Purley King

Andy Carroll scored a great header for England against Sweden I think?
Seemed to be about 10 ft in the air.

montpelier

Frank Stapleton winning goal at Anfield 1985

Alan Clarke 1972 FA Cup Final

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

I remember my Newcastle supporting brother telling me all about Cisse's outside the box header back when he was all the rage in 2012. The assist weren't bad either.
This one ends the debate, even above RVPs. I declare you the winner!