Music Greatest Hip-Hop tracks no one’s ever heard of.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I know we’ve got some heavy hitters in here. There is a big hip hop community here. We all know our Jay-Z and Nas’, Das EFX. We all heard Rakim, Mos Def and Kwali..

I want some obscure tracks that are absolutely popping. Maybe something like Diz Gibran (actually picked up from the caf a looong time ago)

Post your best people.

big rons sovereign

Banger. Myself and a mate of mine always believed that colder climates bring better music. Whether it be hip-hop, house/techno, drum and bass etc.
If they're wearing wooly hats and padded jackets, there's a strong chance it'll bang.

(This could be very wrong of course) :lol:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Dutch people have heard of it, but I doubt anyone else has, great track.

Paxi

Ridiculous tunes guys! Next time I’m at a party I’m cheating by getting this thread up. :lol:

BeltUp

Supports
United

I'm out DJing at the moment but will check this out when I get back because I've heard some really good Dutch hip hop like Skiggy Rapz and Pete Philly and Perquisite.

BeltUp

Supports
United
Banger. Myself and a mate of mine always believed that colder climates bring better music. Whether it be hip-hop, house/techno, drum and bass etc.
If they're wearing wooly hats and padded jackets, there's a strong chance it'll bang.

You could be onto something. But how would you explain this...

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

I would agree but the southern US has made some great music (and some very bad in the last 20 years)

Red_Aaron

Hussain Fatal - Everyday

Always loved his verses on 2pacs joints so I remember buying his debut album unfortunately it was pretty shit but it did feature this banger
It's annoyingly not on Spotify and the album has seemingly disappeared

big rons sovereign

I would agree but the southern US has made some great music (and some very bad in the last 20 years)
Yeah, it's probably more a poverty thing really. People tend to be a bit more creative when they're skint.
On the flip side you get Mumford and sons :lol:

Tarrou

I used to love this random track but I’ve forgotten who did it and maybe even what it was called..

I think it may have been called “money man” or “money” or something like that.. and one of the lyrics was something like “I believe in money, man”

big rons sovereign

lotta people probably.know this, but I'm putting it because that beat is just fithy.
Reminds me of oldskool Muggs stuff.

Paxi

You ask for their obscure tracks and then they turn the thread into a playlist better than 99.9% DJ’s actually play. Just awesome selection guys.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I have little awareness of what is and isn't underground when it comes to hiphop, but here's a few guys I don't hear talked about too often. Apologies if these are more well known than I think.

This was on a Punk-O-Rama sampler of all things about 20 years ago. I caught him live in Bristol a few years back, to a room of about 30 people.

Friend of mine moved to NY about 15 years ago, caught these guys at an open mic, and raved about them. The whole album is cool if you dig really laid back, lazy flows. This one is my favourite on it.

Only checked this guy out cos his label was involved in the Wugazi mashup, turns out he's pretty good. The LP this is on is a rager.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hussain Fatal - Everyday

Always loved his verses on 2pacs joints so I remember buying his debut album unfortunately it was pretty shit but it did feature this banger
It's annoyingly not on Spotify and the album has seemingly disappeared
i bought this album at a flea market in Florida for like $2 in 2001. This track was my favourite on the album. It wasn’t a great album but he could rap. Fatal and Kadafi were the only two competent rappers in the Outlawz. Kadafi was 18 and was impressive lyrically. A shame he died so young.

Also just remembered Ja Rule recruiting Fatal during the whole beef with Eminem and 50 :lol:

Edit: it’s on Spotify

Paxi

Just listened to that. No idea what was said but a great track. Early 2000’s French sort of thingie.. love it.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I have little awareness of what is and isn't underground when it comes to hiphop, but here's a few guys I don't hear talked about too often. Apologies if these are more well known than I think.

This was on a Punk-O-Rama sampler of all things about 20 years ago. I caught him live in Bristol a few years back, to a room of about 30 people.

Friend of mine moved to NY about 15 years ago, caught these guys at an open mic, and raved about them. The whole album is cool if you dig really laid back, lazy flows. This one is my favourite on it.

Only checked this guy out cos his label was involved in the Wugazi mashup, turns out he's pretty good. The LP this is on is a rager.
P.O.S is the shit.