Greatest mens tennis player of all time

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
There is no argument that Djoker is a superior player to Sampras and Federer on clay and hard courts. Roughly similar on grass too.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Borg was more 70s than 80s. Retired in 81.

80s was a bit of a weird era - quite a few different champions. Wilander and Lendl won 7 each - and Lendl was World number 1 for 238 weeks and made another 10 slam finals in the 80s.
Lendl was by nearly every metric the greatest player of the 1980s. But it ain't just about metrics.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
The question is how sampras would fare against the big 3.

On clay he'd be thrashed, obviously.

I think he'd win a fair number on grass and hard court. And on the kind of grass that was used back in the 90s, I reckon only federer could have lived with him.
Well obviously Federer could have lived with him because Federer beat him. But that was older Sampras. Peak Sampras on 90s grass probably beats all of the big 3 more often than not, I reckon.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Greatest athlete of all time is a more serious debate.

Nadal and Federer are just there to make his case stronger.

saivet

Greatest athlete of all time is a more serious debate.

Nadal and Federer are just there to make his case stronger.
Yeah this thread may as well be closed. Barring some miraculous recovery and and an incredible 2024 and 2025 for Rafa, it's done.

In truth I think biases towards Nadal and Federer have made this debate last longer than it should, which is fair enough.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
In truth I think biases towards Nadal and Federer have made this debate last longer than it should, which is fair enough.
A bit probably and they were close for long period to be fair.

But him coming on top of it is just something to add to the legacy at this point in time. I love Nadal the most, but Nole is clearly ahead. Also, people npr liking him just worked in his favour as he feeded from it.

DeGea

We should close this thread :lol:
Biases aside, if we look purely on achievements on the courts, Djokovic is the greatest tennis player of all time. And to do it in an era where there was rafa and roger, I mean, come on.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Thanks feck you didn't go deeper and saved me from rolling my eyes reading your take in every thread you've ever showed up.

Please, keep it this simple.
Make a ridiculous statement, you get an appropriate response.