Greatest Non British/Irish United XI

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Using their United form. i.e. Old Schweinsteiger, young Ronaldo, etc.

Schmeichel

Rafael - Vidic - Stam - Evra

Ronaldo - Pogba - Mata - Solskjaer

Cantona

RVN

Finding this quite difficult. Originally I had Yorke in there but the team was even more unbalanced than it is now. Don't really feel that Pogba gets in there based on United form, but lacking quality central midfielders. Probably Matic would be a better player in there with that attacking team, but as he's only been here one season I felt that detracts somewhat.

Probably worth dropping either Cantona or RVN for Park Ji Sung and going with the 4-3-3 used in 2007-2009

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Using their United form. i.e. Old Schweinsteiger, young Ronaldo, etc.

Schmeichel

Ronaldo - Pogba - Mata - Solskjaer

Cantona

RVN

Finding this quite difficult. Originally I had Yorke in there but the team was even more unbalanced than it is now. Don't really feel that Pogba gets in there based on United form, but lacking quality central midfielders. Probably Matic would be a better player in there with that attacking team, but as he's only been here one season I felt that detracts somewhat.

Probably worth dropping either Cantona or RVN for Park Ji Sung and going with the 4-3-3 used in 2007-2009

Looks good except for Mata at CM. I'd pick Matic ahead of him in that position even on the basis of one season, or else Ronny Johnsen who could play that role quite well. I'd even pick Anderson ahead of Mata as a CM. I'd switch Ronaldo to the left wing too, and then Kanchelskis would be vying with Ole for the RW position. Valencia might merit a place ahead of Rafael, but I loved Rafael and he was great in a league-winning season so no problems with him starting. We've been spoilt with foreign GKs, with VDS and De Gea in reserve.

Treble

Mata? I like the guy but Park did a better job and Veron was a better player, imo.

rcoobc

Looks good except for Mata at CM. I'd pick Matic ahead of him in that position even on the basis of one season, or else Ronny Johnsen who could play that role quite well. I'd even pick Anderson ahead of Mata as a CM. I'd switch Ronaldo to the left wing too, and then Kanchelskis would be vying with Ole for the RW position. Valencia might merit a place ahead of Rafael, but I loved Rafael and he was great in a league-winning season so no problems with him starting. We've been spoilt with foreign GKs, with VDS and De Gea in reserve.
Some how I've overlooked Valencia. Might just swap him for Solskjaer and move Ronny to the left. As much as I love Solskjaer.

Or do you drop one of RVN and Cantona, stick Park Ji Sung in there and play the 4-3-3 from 2008. Thing is, I think you'd have to drop Cantona to keep Ruuds speed and drive, which would be sacrilege. God I loved that formation though. We seemed unbeatable with it until we met Barca in 09.

We've a trajedy of riches up front with great players from 5 eras. Cantona, Solskjaer, Yorke, RVN, Ibrahimovic, Tevez (groan), Rolando, Lukaku, etc

Middield is a huge peoblem. I feel like Matic hasn't earned a place in the squad yet. But he probably needs to be in there.

rcoobc

Mata? I like the guy but Park did a better job and Veron was a better player, imo.
Veron and Pogba are two luxury players. Can't see either being happy as the ball winner / tackler / water carrier. Really need Matic in there too.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Got to have Kanchelskis (and chuck CR to the left). Love Kanchelskis! He gets in my AT XI regardless of nationality.... him sprinting down the pitch in the early PL winnings teams was a sight to behold).

Pogba ok (and hoping he gets much better) and Mata also "ok" but I wouldn't have either (personal preference).

Schmeicel

Valencia Vidic Stam Evra

Kanchelskis Muhren Park Ronaldo

Cantona

Ruud

(Muhren the class/passing, Park the "legs". Cantona behind Ruud)

rcoobc

Schmeichel

Ronaldo - Veron - Park - Solskjaer

Cantona

RVN
If using ex-united players only.

Impulse

Schmeichel

Valencia - Vidic - Stam - Evra

Kanchelskis - Pogba - Matic - Ronaldo

Cantona

RVN

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Some how I've overlooked Valencia. Might just swap him for Solskjaer and move Ronny to the left. As much as I love Solskjaer.

Or do you drop one of RVN and Cantona, stick Park Ji Sung in there and play the 4-3-3 from 2008. Thing is, I think you'd have to drop Cantona to keep Ruuds speed and drive, which would be sacrilege. God I loved that formation though. We seemed unbeatable with it until we met Barca in 09.

We've a trajedy of riches up front with great players from 5 eras. Cantona, Solskjaer, Yorke, RVN, Ibrahimovic, Tevez (groan), Rolando, Lukaku, etc

Middield is a huge peoblem. I feel like Matic hasn't earned a place in the squad yet. But he probably needs to be in there.
As great as we were around 2008 playing a 4-3-3, I could never pass on that Eric/RVN combo. That collection of attackers :drool:. We both forgot about Van Persie too, who had one of the best seasons I've ever seen from a Utd player.

rcoobc

As great as we were around 2008 playing a 4-3-3, I could never pass on that Eric/RVN combo. That collection of attackers :drool:. We both forgot about Van Persie too, who had one of the best seasons I've ever seen from a Utd player.
Argh!

RVP!

Schmeichel

Vidic - Stam - Evra

Ronaldo - Fellaini - Matic - Park

Cantona

RVN - RVP​

diarm

Schmeichel
Vidic -- Stam -- Evra
Kanchelskis - Pogba - Matic ----- Ronaldo
Cantona
Van Persie --- Solskjaer​

diarm

Argh!

RVP!

Schmeichel

Vidic - Stam - Evra

Ronaldo - Fellaini - Matic - Park

Cantona

RVN - RVP​
Weird that we both remembered Van Persie and came up with the same formation to fit him in at the same time!

tonnas

Schmeichel

Matic
Pogba - Cantona

ronaldo - RVP - RVN

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
...................schmeichel...........
Berg.........vidic....stam...........evra
.................matic....pogba........
Kanchelskis.....cantona........Ronaldo
.........................ruud..................

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Some sort of 4-2-2-2. Throw Park in for someone from the front 4 if it's too unbalanced. I'm sure Lukaku is going to make this a harder debate as he gets to his peak.

De Gea
Valencia Vidic Stam Evra
Pogba Matić
Cantona Ronaldo
Ruud RvP​

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
I think we should have a Brexit special UK only version of this thread. :D

Meantime, these are my favourite immigrants to have played at United

Schmeichel

Rafael
Stam
Vidic
Evra

Ronaldo (RW)
Matic
Park
Kanchelskis (LW)

Cantona
RVP

rcoobc

I think we should have a Brexit special UK only version of this thread. :D

Meantime, these are my favourite immigrants to have played at United

Schmeichel

Rafael
Stam
Vidic
Evra

Ronaldo (RW)
Matic
Park
Kanchelskis (LW)

Cantona
RVP
No need to bring politics into this.

But a British/Irish XI Vs ROTW XI would be very interesting.

Brit-irish XI would dominate the midfield. Scholes, Keane, Robson. Up front they'd be equals; Law, Charlton, Best. Duncan Edwards. Giggs and Beck's.

In defence Irwin, Ferdinand, Pallister, Bruce McQueen, Neville.

Stepney

That would be a close match

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
No need to bring politics into this.

But a British/Irish XI Vs ROTW XI would be very interesting.

Brit-irish XI would dominate the midfield. Scholes, Keane, Robson. Up front they'd be equals; Law, Charlton, Best. Duncan Edwards. Giggs and Beck's.

In defence Irwin, Ferdinand, Pallister, Bruce McQueen, Neville.

Stepney

That would be a close match
Was only meant as light hearted mate :) I think anyone on either side of the Brexit politics will agree we've had some cracking domestic and foreign players.

Howzit_Bru

Schmeichel
Valencia Stam Blanc Evra
Pogba Matic Park
Tevez Yorke Ronaldo

lysglimt

Scout
And worst: (not counting youngsters from our own ranks who just played a few matches )

Massimo Taibi - Guillermo Varela, Matteo Darmian, William Prunier, Alex Buttner, Gabriel Obertan, Kleberson, Eric Djemba-Djemba, Zoran Tosic, David Bellion, Radamel Falcao

I think we can all agree that this team wouldn't scare anyone :)

BlackShark_80

And worst: (not counting youngsters from our own ranks who just played a few matches )

Massimo Taibi - Guillermo Varela, Matteo Darmian, William Prunier, Alex Buttner, Gabriel Obertan, Kleberson, Eric Djemba-Djemba, Zoran Tosic, David Bellion, Radamel Falcao

Bebe?

Green_Red

Schmiechel
Stam Vidic Evra
Kanchelskis Pogba Veron Martial
Cantona
Ronaldo RVN

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
RoW -

-------------Schmeichel--------------
Berg----Vidic------Stam-----Evra
Park----Veron----Johnsen----Ronaldo
------------RVN-------Cantona----------------

CMs are a wasteland here. I've only gone for those who have player for three years. The back 4 and midfield is similar in style to the 06' side but with a more orthodox front two - this should provide good balance.
Cantoba can drop into the 10 position to allow Ronaldo to come in. RVN won't have that many crosses but he was much more than just a header of the ball. Also I think Veron would play very well in this setup and he can command the midfield.

However against a UK and Ireland side they would be beaten quite easily-

--------------Stepney----------
Byrne---Rio----Mcgrath---Irwin
---------Scholes---Robson--------
Best--------Charlton---------Giggs
----------------Law---------------------

The-Mezzala

GK Schmeichel
RB Valencia
LB Evra
CB Stam
CB Vidic
CM Park
CM Pogba
RM Nani
LM C. Ronaldo
AMC Cantona (C)
ST Rudd

Subs Yorke, Matic, Johnson, Kanchelskis, Rafeal, De Gea

The-Mezzala

Don’t forget Dong, Bebe and Manucho

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!

Buttner will go down in the history as the scorer of the ugliest and slowest solo goal ever, Obertan for having a cone of a head, Varela for having the strangest of loans to Castilla. Kleberson was decent but weak mentally, Bellion for looking like US 50's actor, Falcao for always slipping on the floor. Tosic was thought to have a wand of a left foot but it didn't work out. Darmian for his awful facial hair but still not the worst. Taibi and Prunier for ..?