Greatest players never to win a club trophy

paulscholes18

Bernd Schneider - runner up in World Cup, Champions League, DFB-Pokal & Bundesliga

Denis' cuff

Tom Finney hadn’t won anything, literally, although his horrible Preston side got in a couple of FA Cup finals and finished runners up twice (if I remember it correctly, those numbers may vary slightly). He’s one of the greatest players that England had ever produced – arguably top-5, and he is also one of the very few footballers to be knighted (Charlton, Matthews, Finney, Hurst - that’s it, I think?).

Preston - West Bromwich FA Cup final was literally painful to watch, you have Finney (apparently, injured) playing like Lionel Messi and then there are 10 other Preston players, who wouldn’t even get a professional contract today.

Edit: he had won a second division title, but I don’t count that. Twice FWA footballer of the year as well.

The winner

Alongside Charlton or maybe 2nd to him, England’s greatest ever

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Finney's the winner, if we're discounting his second division title.

Only name to add would be Roberto Cravero who was a classy libero for Torino and Lazio and who may have had a load of caps if not for playing the same role as Baresi.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
So, top players who genuinely didn't win anything listed so far

Tom Finney
Harry Kane
Le Tissier
Bernd Schneider
Guiseppe Signori
Son Heung-min

Not sure if they can be called great, but Jermaine Defoe and Stan Collymore never won anything either.
I know you’re a Pool fan but if you’re putting Son there then you have to also put Baines there.

32 G and 53 A in 420 PL appearances in his era for a full back is great considering the Everton sides he was playing in. Not to mention the awards he individually won during that period.

United58

Baines was at least in the top 3 LBs in the league for a good 5 years (2010-15). Was in TOTY in 11-12 and 12-13 when he was arguably one of the best in the world.
At his peak, Babies had a better delivery from set pieces than peak RVP IMO

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I know you’re a Pool fan but if you’re putting Son there then you have to also put Baines there.

32 G and 53 A in 420 PL appearances in his era for a full back is great considering the Everton sides he was playing in. Not to mention the awards he individually won during that period.
I actually meant to. Forget in the end.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Ledley King only won a League Cup. Does that count?

Same with Les Ferdinand.