Greatest Sporting Moment Ever

Moby

Dick
I know, right?!

I mean... it can’t get more powerful than that.
Shame there are no racist supremacist regimes nowadays hosting the games for foreign athletes to publicly defy them and create the greatest 'sports' moments. Sorry Usain, time travel or feck off.

Mani

Michael Phelps record breaking 8 gold in Olympics 2008

Usain Bolt breaking the 100M WR in Olympics 2008

Sergey Bubka-Man who kept on breaking his own record in pole vault.

Nadia Comaneci -Perfect 10 in Olympics gymnastics 1976

Thunderhead

Supports
City
sure there was a TV show with the name 101 Greatest Sporting Moments on the BBC when I was a kid, used to love that.

I like disasters, things like Devon Loch in the National or Scott Hoch missing the putt to win the masters

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
So many to choose from but personal stand outs from United pov
Barcelona 84/85 cup winners cup 2nd leg and the Bryan Robson inspired comeback, still the best atmosphere i've ever encountered anywhere.
Sheff Weds (H) 92/93. The emotion and elation at the 2nd goal was just unbelievable
Blackburn (H) 92/93. Just 1 big party.
Loads more involving United but those 3 stand out more to me.

Little old Barrow AFC winnining the FA Trophy at Wembly in 1990. 1 of the best weeks of my life. United played Palace in the cup final the Satuday previous and although we couldn't get tickets for the replay, myself and 3 mates decided to stay in London for the week in a little b&b in Hendon. Wonderful memories of Barrow, who had been de-selected from the football league 16 years beforehand and suffering years of money problems, finally winning something at the home of football. Amazing day that was.

Non football include.
2005 ashes
Miracle of Medina
Super Saturday at the London Olympics
That Brazlian side at the 1982 world cup, football at it's very best.

Lj82

For my country, it has to be our first and only gold medal at the Olympics:

Joseph Schooling beats his idol Phelps.
What made it even more iconic was a picture of Schooling when he was a kid posing with Phelps for a photo circulating after the race.

IFC 1905

I will say Usain bolt in Beijing 2008, incredible.

As for my country, I will say the gold medal in basketball in Athens 2004, beating the USA dream team in the semifinals which is something that happened only once before but many years ago, and will not likely happen again.