Greenwood and Foden kicked out of England squad for bringing girls into hotel room

SER19

Get in Mason. Gets a few days extra rest before United season starts and goes out with an Icelandic ‘bang’. You lot could only wish you had this life as an 18year old
This isn't a personal go at you, but these 'lad Bible' worthy replies make me cringe hard.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Dunno what’s annoying me more, Greenwood behaving like a tit or the way he’s being patronised in this thread by people who seem to think he couldn’t possibly know better because he’s “just a kid”. My 11 year old has a pretty good grasp of what rules are important and would know when he’s breaking them. I’d like to think that Mason - at aged 18 - would be similarly competent.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Dunno what’s annoying me more, Greenwood behaving like a tit or the way he’s being patronised in this thread by people who seem to think he couldn’t possibly know better because he’s “just a kid”. My 11 year old has a pretty good grasp of rules and knows when he’s breaking them. I’d like to think that Mason - at aged 18 - would be similarly competent.
Who has said he couldn't possibly know better?

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
I hope the clubs and FA don't come down too hard on the lads. They are still young, and this is a learning experience. Any player, however senior, can suffer a momentary lapse in judgement.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Absolutely stupid behaviour and good on Southgate for sending them home. Right decision and they deserve it.

If you want to play for the national team during a pandemic follow the rules simple.

Instead they wanted to get their rocks off with some randomer and turns out the only thing blown is their chances of playing now.

Although love Greenwood playing wingman for Foden true team player.

Rolaholic

No one but it's apparently impossible to believe that someone can be in the wrong and deserving to be penalized while also showing some understanding according to some in here.

That level of understanding on the cafe seems to be reserved for arrest worthy infractions it seems :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I’m finding it really hard to get enraged by all of this. I’m trying my best, but it’s just a nothing story. Punish them, send them home, that’s the end of it.
Why would you try to be enraged? Has that story enraged anyone?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Not enraged by it and nobody should be as it’s not drink driving levels of stupid but their actions could have meant the whole England team are out of the nations league.

Fortunately the reality is they felt horny and now they’ll be playing with themselves at home and won’t be scoring in Iceland anytime soon.

Hester_manc

What a stupid and childish act. I'm sure our captain will probably tell him how to behave.

OK - I know. I am leaving now.... ;-)

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Absolutely stupid behaviour and good on Southgate for sending them home. Right decision and they deserve it.

If you want to play for the national team during a pandemic follow the rules simple.

Instead they wanted to get their rocks off with some randomer and turns out the only thing blown is their chances of playing now.

Although love Greenwood playing wingman for Foden true team player.
The faux outrage makes it all the more worth it :drool:

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I’m finding it really hard to get enraged by all of this. I’m trying my best, but it’s just a nothing story. Punish them, send them home, that’s the end of it.
Pretty much. I couldn't work out what the problem was before I remembered were living during a pandemic.

DarkDog

Please don't bash our young stars. Boys will be boys. Said it also when Rooney slept with that horse :), at least Mason has better taste in women :D
English media will remember that for the rest of their careers which is sad.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yeah I am angry no Icelandic girls want to meet up with me ;). Just bloody brittish girls ;).
But put yourself in those british girls place and entertain the state of their options. :D

RC89

You don't need to be a fully grown man to realise there's a pandemic going on and clear rules in place as a result. Age isn't an excuse for being an idiot in this case.
Somebody think of the children

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
I think it's none of my business. I hope that were it not for the Coronavirus, no action would have been taken.

EDIT : 555 messages sent, very palindromic.

manutddjw

These guys are young and it’s an honest mistake that can happen to anyone regardless of age.

There is a famous story from the 90’s where a US hockey coach away on internationals left the hotel to go meet up with an Icelandic girl who also happened to be the trainer for the Iceland team for ice cream. It was bad. His team got mad at him, they lost to Iceland 12–1, he got his knee smacked with a hockey stick by the Iceland coach and generally lost his way with fame going to his head. He smartened up and Coach Bombay won that tournament for the US. No reason to think the same won’t happen for our Mason.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
These guys are young and it’s an honest mistake that can happen to anyone regardless of age.

There is a famous story from the 90’s where a US hockey coach away on internationals left the hotel to go meet up with an Icelandic girl who also happened to be the trainer for the Iceland team for ice cream. It was bad. His team got mad at him, they lost to Iceland 12–1, he got his knee smacked with a hockey stick by the Iceland coach and generally lost his way with fame going to his head. He smartened up and Coach Bombay won that tournament for the US. No reason to think the same won’t happen for our Mason.
I very much doubt he'll never coach the US hockey team.

Smores

Bit silly of the lads. I'm sure they'll feel a bit stupid as they'll have wanted to play for England. Correctly punished and they'll learn from it.

buckooo1978

Hope Ole reacts to this the way Fergie would have

this kid could be one of the best but a poor attitude or decision making off the pitch could hamper his progress

mistakes are normal but lets hope he's more Rooney than Ravel

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I’m not going through the thread naming and shaming but I read plenty of posts along the lines of “kids will be kids”. He’s a grown adult who’s behaved like an unprofessional idiot. And it’s obviously a worry if any member of our squad has a tendency to behave like an unprofessional idiot.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
One less possibility of unwanted injury for United at the start with the season, especially with still no visible right wing reinforcement on the horizon... I can live with that.

Fridge chutney

Disappointing and foolish. Let's hope he gets reprimanded sufficiently to understand and learn from what he has done, and becomes a more mature and better person from it.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Bit silly of the lads. I'm sure they'll feel a bit stupid as they'll have wanted to play for England. Correctly punished and they'll learn from it.
This, you'd think even young lads know what they can and can't get away with these days but at the end of the day they are young lads and boys will be boys :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah the only reason it's a story is because of covid, which of course is a concern and they should know better and should treat the fact that they have a responsibility to keep the travel bubble for athletes secure, but at the same time, he's 18 and a footballer so I wouldn't expect them to be that smart. In any case I'm sure he'll learn from it and know that it's pretty dumb, but if it was pre-covid times then this wouldn't even be a story at all. It'd just be single 18 year old footballer trying to get laid in a foreign country to celebrate his first outing with the national team.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Meh its no big deal. They've been punished and im sure they have learned their lesson.

Wouldn't mind seeing a pic of these girls to see if they were worth getting dropped for!