Greenwood is the Best Finisher in the League

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
His striking is as crisp as anyone else but this has to wait until he adds those predatory finishes in and around the box to his arsenal.

DavelinaJolie

He's a clinical striker, absolutely, not gonna compare him to the top players in the world just yet

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
His striking is as crisp as anyone else but this has to wait until he adds those predatory finishes in and around the box to his arsenal.
He's rarely put in position to show that aspect of his game, but it doesn't mean he doesn't already have it. If Sancho does come, Greenwood should compete with Martial up front and he'll get more opportunities in that position to show just how much of those types of finishes he has in him.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Look at the way he finishes. His technique is precision and accuracy. A lot of time the ball seems to travel for the longest time but the keeper still can’t get to it. That is the biggest indicator where his finishing ability is.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
A goal every 114 minutes at 18 in one of the toughest leagues. The lad is phenomenal.
Not to mention a team devoid of creativity for a large chunk of his playing time.

Revan

Assumptionman
Absolutely! End of debate.

Give the kid a tiny bit of space, the ball is gonna end in the net. When I see him shooting, I start celebrating.

I thought that in pre-season Ole was just taking the piss when he said that he is the best finisher (or well, declining to choose between Rashford and Martial), but it seems that he was serious about it.

E-mal

Another thread that's not necessary, this can be in his performance thread.
He is not yet the best finisher as we don't even know his range yet ourselves. Just let him be himself and develop just fine

Paxi

He is not yet the best finisher as we don't even know his range yet ourselves. Just let him be himself and develop just fine
Sorry forgive us for being extremely excited about an academy lad potentially being one of the best players to come through in past 17 years. Quite strange that you needed to mention that to be honest. Just join in a get hyped. :)

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Of course it’s thread worthy, we have a very exciting young player who has burst onto the scene. It should be celebrated

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
:lol:

Hype overload!

Kane, Aguero, Son, Mane I'd put ahead. Plenty of other underrated finishers too in form of Ings, Vardy etc.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I think you need stats to back this up. You can't say this to a non United fan and expect them to agree unless you bring proof

Traub

Don't want to put undue pressure on the lad but I'd be surprised if he isn't better than Messi by the time he's done.
I think you meant by the end of page 1 of this thread.

Devil81

We've got a genuine global superstar on our hands haven't we, plays off both feet and everything he hits is either on target or with a few inches of the posts.

People keep comparing him to Van Persie and I can see that comparison but I think he could have more to his game than RVP did, he's just amazing.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Predetory finishes in and around the box should never be in the same sentence as “arsenal”.

Paxi

But Haaland has a head
There we are. It’s a touch one. Haaland edges it for as a whole package but I’m obviously extremely happy with Mason. The fact that he’s in the same conversation with Haaland is a major win for us as Haaland is a generational talent without a doubt.

E-mal

Sorry forgive us for being extremely excited about an academy lad potentially being one of the best players to come through in past 17 years. Quite strange that you needed to mention that to be honest. Just join in a get hyped. :)
What choice do I have, I am still amazed as how lucky we are to have him.

Paxi

Getting carried away a bit much?
No not really. If you watched him at youth level you’ll see that this is only a glimpse. We will see much more. Wait until he starts scoring free kicks with either foot — which he did for youth teams.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Getting carried away a bit much?
Not at all, the lad justifies the hype every single week. I cannot remember or more deadly finisher at such a young age.

He's on Rooney's level in terms of talent, although Greenwood has a steadier head on his shoulders than Rooney.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I wouldn't call it best finisher. Best finisher probably Kane at the moment, both feet, more clinical (probably) & can score header. However, Mason is a deadly finisher since he can do everything with both of his feet and unpredictable.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
:lol:

Hype overload!

Kane, Aguero, Son, Mane I'd put ahead. Plenty of other underrated finishers too in form of Ings, Vardy etc.
Son? :lol:

In terms of pure finishing ability, I think a good case can be made for Aguero and Kane, bit that's it.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I can't remember a young player being so confident and powerful with both feet. It took Ronaldo a few years to bring his left foot up to speed IIRC.

Greenwood is a very good finisher, but the fact he can go either side and absolutely hammer it with accuracy makes him such a threat. Defenders can't show him on to his weak side, because he doesn't have one.

Wasnt he originally a midfielder in the youth teams?

Paxi

Look Ole said he’s one of the best he’s seen and I’ve absolutely no problem putting him in the bracket as one of the best if not the best in the league.
Ole would certainly know a striker when he sees one.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Look Ole said he’s one of the best he’s seen and I’ve absolutely no problem putting him in the bracket as one of the best if not the best in the league.
Ole would certainly know a striker when he sees one.
He looks destined to be our future number 9, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he went on to break Rooney's England and United goal-scoring records. He's just that good.

montpelier

Calm down a little bit. There is a difference between what's hes doing atm and how he does as the main man over the course of a full season.

Two footed and his a great habit of finding the corners or just inside the post though, and he connects properly too, most of the time.

Paxi

He looks destined to be our future number 9, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he went on to break Rooney's England and United goal-scoring records. He's just that good.
Absolutely agree 100% Kane has 2-3 years of England starts left. Tops.

Paxi

Was Ronaldo this composed at 18 in front of goal? Rooney was close but Mason is even more lethal than him I think, which is truly ridiculous.
Ronaldo was absolutely infuriating. Mason couldn’t be more different. He’s got the Midas touch. Ronaldo got that at 22.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He’s very quick in taking the ball out of his feet and shooting. Doesn’t need a lot of space or time. Aguero and Defoe have that skill off the top of my head. Having the accuracy and power from both feet combined with that must be a nightmare to defend.

goatboy

Great potential, clearly, but let's give the lad a chance to develop; if he's still banging them in for fun next year, when teams are developing a plan to contain him, then, perhaps, we can ask the question.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
He's so mature but let's hope his mentality takes him even further. He needs to keep his head down and continue working hard.