Greenwood is the Best Finisher in the League

Prongsy

He's a significantly better passer than RvP. His two-footedness obviously makes him much more unpredictable in the box. Probably a better dribbler too.

Quite a different player, imo.
All he has in common with RvP is his cadence. Its nice to have a similarity and everything, but how different he is from RvP is absolutely exciting.

Edy2

One of the best if not the best kid I've seen play for United. Watching since about 1990.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
People only seem to talk about his finishing and I think it does him a discredit.

He's just extremely good at football. He does everything effortlessly.

Bobski

I get little echos of Rivaldo from him as well, in the crispness of his low shots mainly.

Eddy_JukeZ

People only seem to talk about his finishing and I think it does him a discredit.

He's just extremely good at football. He does everything effortlessly.
True. Rarely ever makes a wrong decision.

Incredibly composed and mature for his age.

NamedAfterGiggs

I feel like the RVP comparisons have been taken a bit far. Personally the power in some of his finishes reminds me of early Rooney, where he would hit the ball into the corners from around the edge of the box

SAFMUTD

He plays as if you cheated a player in fifa to get him 99 in finishing. What a player truly excited.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I don’t even like this conversation. He’s so much more than a finisher. He’s levels above Dan James for example if they never took a shot again in their lives. He doesn’t get dispossessed in his own half or the final third, glides past opponents and has vision and passing too.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I see a lot of RVP comparisons. Reminds me more of fat ronaldo

Chief123

I've been watching football for over 30 years but I've never seen anyone hit a ball so pure as this kid does. This is me being rational and unbias. i'm genuinely trying to think of someone who would be able to strike a ball so consistently with either foot and hit the centre of the ball literally every time. He's one of those players you know can have an absolute stinker but if he gets a half chance he will always hammer it on target. Even if he was low on confidence and nothing was going right for him, it's like he would still be able to strike a ball perfectly regardless of his confidence level. He could go on to be a freak for many years.

The Red Thinker

I feel like the RVP comparisons have been taken a bit far. Personally the power in some of his finishes reminds me of early Rooney, where he would hit the ball into the corners from around the edge of the box
Rooney never managed to finish as wonderfully as Greenwood is doing now. The quality of the strike is uniform across types of shots. Rooney only ever got that with his belters. Greenwood does it with the bottom corner ones. Rooney may have done it too sporadically, but this boy is doing that consistently at the start of his career!

The Red Thinker

Towards the end of last season, he was taking far too many shots and not passing the ball. The game against Sevilla you could see him trying to do it all by himself. Speaks volumes of his bravery but also shows he needs to mature. When he matures...by God what a player he will be. There is not a youth striker in world football I'd rather have.

Web of Bissaka

He plays as if you cheated a player in fifa to get him 99 in finishing. What a player truly excited.
:lol: I get you!

Finishing stats doesn't matter much in that game. Even players with <69 finishing can score worldly goals while 90+ finishers can have problems even scoring easy open goals, the shooting system is hugely skewed.

United58

I've been watching football for over 30 years but I've never seen anyone hit a ball so pure as this kid does. This is me being rational and unbias. i'm genuinely trying to think of someone who would be able to strike a ball so consistently with either foot and hit the centre of the ball literally every time. He's one of those players you know can have an absolute stinker but if he gets a half chance he will always hammer it on target. Even if he was low on confidence and nothing was going right for him, it's like he would still be able to strike a ball perfectly regardless of his confidence level. He could go on to be a freak for many years.
:drool: Such a disgusting talent

eire-red

He was snatching at some of his chances earlier on in the season. Now he has that confidence behind him, you expect him to kick on and hit 20+ next season given the same opportunities.

It's a crazy thing to say about a 19 year old, but that's how talented he is. Scoring goals is the hardest thing to do in football, and he's a natural at it. Can't underestimate that worth.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The more I watch him the less I'm sure that he is meant for the center of the park.
He will sure score goals there - but he has this incredible ability to score goals from a distance. Will that be reduced when there is central defenders keeping their mark on him more? Is it worth it to reduce that distance finishing to increase his predatory finishing? I guess its a positive aspect we have to play and see if he adapts to both by him and as a team - if not I'm perfectly happy with him as the left footed deadly RF he is at the moment.

I think of a 352 and I love seeing him as the deadly RS in partnership with the numerous LS we have. I see the 433 and I love seeing him as the RF because he has increased his pace and dribbling ability in the space of months. Incredible player.

Pogba's Barber

Supports
Droylsden FC
Hopefully he'll get a few minutes for England today to show what he can do. A senior international debut goal will set him up nicely for the season :)

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He's the best finisher at United since Ruud and Ole. Deadlier than RvP.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I think he is better playing as a RF like he did today in a partnership. It's just a narrowed down version of RW which is how both him and Rashford should both be playing.

I dont see him being able to play centrally by himself and being a player that is our central striker that scores from crossing etc

AFC NimbleThumb

I like Martial A LOT but this kid is special; he obviously roams from the right but he’s build the front line around him good imo.

If his best position is ST then that’s where he should be mostly based.

Snuffkin

I dont see him being able to play centrally by himself and being a player that is our central striker that scores from crossing etc
Ok maybe, but he's never had a run of games in the centre forward position.

Untd55

He's the best finisher at United since Ruud and Ole. Deadlier than RvP.
Better finisher than Van Persie? No chance. I think you have to rewatch his goals that season to remind yourself just how good Van Persie was.

Greenwood is obviously very good, but this is taking it a step too far.

MileStolar

Better finisher than Van Persie? No chance. I think you have to rewatch his goals that season to remind yourself just how good Van Persie was.

Greenwood is obviously very good, but this is taking it a step too far.
Are we talking about RvP that took more than 7 seasons to develop into a proper powerhouse? I wonder how good was he at 19, I think he was still at Feynoord at the time.

Bobski

Giggs would have ended up with about 500 goals for Utd if he had been able to finish like Greenwood. Random thought of the day

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Are we talking about RvP that took more than 7 seasons to develop into a proper powerhouse? I wonder how good was he at 19, I think he was still at Feynoord at the time.
He had ridiculous injuries. If it wasn't for that RVP would have been much higher up in the goal scoring charts for Arsenal

At 19 he was coveted by all the major clubs. I know we were interested but he chose Arsenal to work with Wenger

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think Greenwood is potentially the best finisher I've seen at Utd alongside Ruud and Ole. I can't remember ever having such confidence in a player going through or even getting half chances. He's got no right to score that goal yesterday btw, what an outrageously composed finish.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I think Greenwood is potentially the best finisher I've seen at Utd alongside Ruud and Ole. I can't remember ever having such confidence in a player going through or even getting half chances. He's got no right to score that goal yesterday btw, what an outrageously composed finish.
He's more natural than RVN, who only once finished from outside the box, he's more two footed and is a better dribbler. Ole was excellent in the air too.

When he starts getting his head on to a few, we'll see a a real monster

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
His finishing is just ridiculous. I can't wait to see what he adds to his game as he develops.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
He had ridiculous injuries. If it wasn't for that RVP would have been much higher up in the goal scoring charts for Arsenal

At 19 he was coveted by all the major clubs. I know we were interested but he chose Arsenal to work with Wenger
This. RvP could have been one of the best goal scorers of all time had he not has so many niggling injuries. Beautiful player.

Greenwood is excellent though, he literally has a stellar career ahead of him if he keep developing as he is.