Greenwood to wear #11 next season

Hulme91

They want international football for all the sponsorship deals it brings in. England is big business.
They might fancy playing in a World Cup as well you know.....
Doubt either of the two will be in the Euros squad after this

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
More concerned that it is going to cause United more disruption then they need. The pair will have their managers and other halves to speak to when they get back.
I think Ole will have a public position on this and a private one. As would all the press writing articles. Deep down, I doubt any of these ‘I was your age once’ men will actually be genuinely outraged, although in this era, you can never be sure!

As for their partners, I suspect they will work it out for some reason. Even if they don’t, so long as it doesn’t affect their football, who cares? They aren’t required to be pillars of family men at 18 years old. If they break up with their girlfriends over this, so be it, teenagers break up all the time and have always done so.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I think Ole will have a public position on this and a private one. As would all the press writing articles. Deep down, I doubt any of these ‘I was your age once’ men will actually be genuinely outraged, although in this era, you can never be sure!

As for their partners, I suspect they will work it out for some reason. Even if they don’t, so long as it doesn’t affect their football, who cares? They aren’t required to be pillars of family men at 18 years old. If they break up with their girlfriends over this, so be it, teenagers break up all the time and have always done so.
Somebody said Phil Foden has a child, so even more fallout there. Mason has already cheated and broke a long term relationship up. Hopefully this public humiliation will bring them to their senses.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I wondered why this thread was still on the main page. What is with people’s inability to start new threads ffs?

Greenwood’s missus must be pretty pissed off with all this too.

Edit: the story, she won’t care about the thread issue.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
It's stupid out. The times we are in, on their international debut and call-up, whether it was a chat with girls in a room or full on sexytime - no excuses. What a way to shit on your international contention.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I wondered why this thread was still on the main page. What is with people’s inability to start new threads ffs?

That's for Foden to contend with, Greenwood is single since May apparently.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Somebody said Phil Foden has a child, so even more fallout there. Mason has already cheated and broke a long term relationship up. Hopefully this public humiliation will bring them to their senses.
And if he wants to continue cheating and breaking relationships instead of being a settled family man at 18 then it is what it is. The fact that he’s already ended what is considered a ‘long-term relationship’ at the age of 18 is funny in itself. Just children playing grownups.

Of course, if Foden has a whole family then it’s different for him.

DomesticTadpole

And if he wants to continue cheating and breaking relationships instead of being a settled family man at 18 then it is what it is. The fact that he’s already ended what is considered a ‘long-term relationship’ at the age of 18 is funny in itself. Just children playing grownups.

Of course, if Foden has a whole family then it’s different for him.
There isn't much good about being a cheat, but being one that is in the public eye could impact the club eventually if it leads to bad publicity. I get what you mean about him being a randy teenager. If he was on holiday in normal circumstances nobody who say too much. It was the fact he was away with his international team, under team rules and they thought they would just ignore those rules. They are not established, undroppable internationals.

Red00012

They told him to emulate Giggs when they gave him the shirt, but I think he took it the wrong way
Giggs was riding his brothers wife .

Mason brought back a Girl to a room whilst single .

Small bit of a difference pal

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
There isn't much good about being a cheat, but being one that is in the public eye could impact the club eventually if it leads to bad publicity. I get what you mean about him being a randy teenager. If he was on holiday in normal circumstances nobody who say too much. It was the fact he was away with his international team, under team rules and they thought they would just ignore those rules. They are not established, undroppable internationals.
Yea I get you. And I agree with being a cheat in principle. But we’ve been doing this boyfriend/girlfriend make-believe since we were about 12. Branding a child a ‘cheat’ is viewing these things through an alternate prism due to football. If Greenwood had more than one girlfriend at a time in secondary school, I personally don’t seen it something to be discussed.

That said, I agree with what you said in terms of expectations of being with England and conducting themselves professionally in that sense. Thankfully, they are both too good to be dropped permanently in the way that Kyle Walker probably will be!

DomesticTadpole

Yea I get you. And I agree with being a cheat in principle. But we’ve been doing this boyfriend/girlfriend make-believe since we were about 12. Branding a child a ‘cheat’ is viewing these things through an alternate prism due to football. If Greenwood had more than one girlfriend at a time in secondary school, I personally don’t seen it something to be discussed.

That said, I agree with what you said in terms of expectations of being with England and conducting themselves professionally in that sense. Thankfully, they are both too good to be dropped permanently in the way that Kyle Walker probably will be!
This is the fallout of bringing Kyle Walker back into the squad. That will teach you Gareth.

Giggs was riding his brothers wife .

Mason brought back a Girl to a room whilst single .

Small bit of a difference pal
It's the covid breach that's the problem. I'm sure footballers in every country use international breaks for a bit on the side.

Doing it while in a covid bubble is very stupid. But most 18 year old lads are pretty stupid, so not really a big news story imo. Just a lesson for Greenwood that everything he does will be in the papers.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I’d have used a zero, and a 1 for Rashford, and that would have looked better. It’s clearly my problem with the way it looks! I’m just a stickler for uniformity.
Haha, tbh, with my social media manager hat on it did annoy me the first time I saw it but the feeling soon passed :lol:

DomesticTadpole

It's the covid breach that's the problem. I'm sure footballers in every country use international breaks for a bit on the side.

Doing it while in a covid bubble is very stupid. But most 18 year old lads are pretty stupid, so not really a big news story imo. Just a lesson for Greenwood that everything he does will be in the papers.
The problem for Mason is now the press will be looking out for him. He is a kid, but the media don't care about that, ask Raheem /Wayne Rooney/Scrappy Doo how they can be.

SirAF

Ageist

:D

Chief123

Mason making good use of the special offers available in Iceland.

The problem for Mason is now the press will be looking out for him. He is a kid, but the media don't care about that, ask Raheem /Wayne Rooney/Scrappy Doo how they can be.
They will be looking out for any young players, waiting for them to trip up.

Just a lesson most of them have to learn the hard way.

This is no big deal.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

DevilRed

I hope Greenwood keeps the #11 shirt!

I'm sure a little telling off from OGS and things will be set straight. Seems a smart lad that will learn from this and not fall into the trap that other players at other clubs have.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I hope Greenwood keeps the #11 shirt!

I'm sure a little telling off from OGS and things will be set straight. Seems a smart lad that will learn from this and not fall into the trap that other players at other clubs have.
Ha ha he already fell into the trap

crossy1686

career ending
Of course you can, it's hardly the crime of the century, but they're meant to be there representing their country, their club, and themselves. Mason was only saying recently how this call up was such a big moment for his family, and he tops it off by definitely being dropped for the next game.

He's a kid, and he will learn, but let's not pretend his managers won't be fecking fuming.
I’m sure the manager would be fuming but you can also understand young lads being young lands. I would also be willing to bet these two were just unlucky enough to get caught, there’s no way they were the only ones at it

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I’m sure the manager would be fuming but you can also understand young lads being young lands. I would also be willing to bet these two were just unlucky enough to get caught, there’s no way they were the only ones at it
Just as well they weren’t in
Greece! They’d be in jail by now