Greta Thunberg

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
He's got a Twitter account, and it's just as insane as you would expect. What's scary though is that he's got a few thousand followers who seem to think he actually knows what he's talking about (which, as we clearly established that time he read a graph backwards, he doesn't). The good news is that those followers are just more Mark's, they're actually irrelevant and will never amount to anything.
I check on it from time to time for the lols. It wouldn’t be so bad if it was just his complete misunderstanding of science (fish breathe water) but there’s a good dose of racism and transphobia thrown in for good measure. I’m surprised he lasted as long as he did here as there’s no reasoning with him, the madness is full ingrained

nimic

something nice
Scout
I check on it from time to time for the lols. It wouldn’t be so bad if it was just his complete misunderstanding of science (fish breathe water) but there’s a good dose of racism and transphobia thrown in for good measure. I’m surprised he lasted as long as he did here as there’s no reasoning with him, the madness is full ingrained
I think maybe we all assumed he was just a funny old climate change denier, but as you say he's the complete right-wing conspiracy nut package. He's just a terrible human being, really.

Fingeredmouse

I think maybe we all assumed he was just a funny old climate change denier, but as you say he's the complete right-wing conspiracy nut package. He's just a terrible human being, really.
A breath-takingly arrogant human being at that.

Don't Kill Bill

257 years ago was 1764. Who the hell was fighting for what freedom in 1764? :lol:
Tricky,

I bet that he is talking about the end of The seven year war. So fighting to protect the freedoms from the day the British gave them to US by beating the French.

That's what I'm going with anyway :nervous:

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
He's got a Twitter account, and it's just as insane as you would expect. What's scary though is that he's got a few thousand followers who seem to think he actually knows what he's talking about (which, as we clearly established that time he read a graph backwards, he doesn't). The good news is that those followers are just more Mark's, they're actually irrelevant and will never amount to anything.
Who's this?

nimic

something nice
Scout
Who's this?
@Mark Pawelek, legend of the climate change thread. Considers himself the next best thing to a climate change expert, and considers the actual climate change experts to be a father and son duo who run their own open peer review site, where they also happen to publish their own climate change research papers. I am pretty sure one of them is an electrician and the other is a builder.

Once spent several long posts arguing a point based on a graph he shared. He was reading it backwards, meaning he was actually arguing the opposite of what he thought he was. This revelation left him completely unfazed.

NotThatSoph

He was playing it down here, hiding his power level as they say. It's not an unusual thing on the Caf, there's always one or two around (or more, if they're successful), but it's easier when they don't have a twitter account with the same handle. He was still off his rocker even with his pretend persona, though.

NotThatSoph

@Mark Pawelek, legend of the climate change thread. Considers himself the next best thing to a climate change expert, and considers the actual climate change experts to be a father and son duo who run their own open peer review site, where they also happen to publish their own climate change research papers. I am pretty sure one of them is an electrician and the other is a builder.

Once spent several long posts arguing a point based on a graph he shared. He was reading it backwards, meaning he was actually arguing the opposite of what he thought he was. This revelation left him completely unfazed.
I loved that so much, imagine if the meme thread was around then.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
“I simply don’t get the Thunberg phenomenon,” wrote Clarkson.

“She has no knowledge of how the world works, no manners and no letters after her name because instead of going to school, she’s been busy sailing round the world so she can be mardy and abusive to grown-ups. What she needs is a smacked bottom.”
Jeremy Clarkson being a creepy feck. What is up with these weirdos and spanking?

Mike Smalling

Jeremy Clarkson being a creepy feck. What is up with these weirdos and spanking?
It's bizarre suggesting an 18 year old need a 'smacked bottom' that's for sure. Also, she is being abusive to grown-ups :lol: ? Surely, he must be kidding. The people she is being 'abusive' to are the most powerful people in the world, FFS.

I'm not her biggest fan, far from it, but that is embarrassing from Clarkson.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
It's bizarre suggesting an 18 year old need a 'smacked bottom' that's for sure. Also, she is being abusive to grown-ups :lol: ? Surely, he must be kidding. The people she is being 'abusive' to are the most powerful people in the world, FFS.

She is putting the life plans of the Clarksons of this world into question. This is felt as abuse by these Clarksons, and they can't have that. As they are devoid of any meainngful argument against her, they resort to violent fantasies in order to assert dominance.

DOTA

Clarkson really is odious
Yeah. Can't see how his views differ from someone like Farage and if you forced me to have a drink with one of them I'd be quite confident I made the right decision in my date with Nigel.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Clarkson, the emodiment of the British bloke who feels belittled by a 'little girl' despite it having nothing to do with them, and for some strange reasons feels a strong urge to 'put her in her place' constantly.

cafecillos

It really is pathetic to see all these grown ass men so triggered by a teenage girl.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He can hardly talk can he? His carbon footprint must be massive given all the international filming with Top Gear around the world all done for 'entertainment'. At least Greta is trying to motivate a whole generation to give an actual feck.

OleBoiii

I find it rich that boomers like Clarkson like to refer to young people as "snowflakes" when they themselves lose their shit by the mere suggestion that some things about the 'boomer way of life' might not be ideal or sustainable going forward.

I wonder where this fragility comes from? Is it because their parents and grandparents lived through much tougher times(2 world wars, the Spanish Flu, the depression, child labor) and kept going on about it when they were kids? And now that they hear stories about global warming the next generations being worse off financially they feel guilty?

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
I find it rich that boomers like Clarkson like to refer to young people as "snowflakes" when they themselves lose their shit by the mere suggestion that some things about the 'boomer way of life' might not be ideal or sustainable going forward.

I wonder where this fragility comes from? Is it because their parents and grandparents lived through much tougher times(2 world wars, the Spanish Flu, the depression, child labor) and kept going on about it when they were kids? And now that they hear stories about global warming the next generations being worse off financially they feel guilty?
I'm afraid they couldn't care less about Climate Change, all banking on being long gone before it gets too hot and too wet. The only fear is that they'll be forced to change their life styles and give up some of the things they've always done. It's their turn at conspicuous consumption and they won't let go with any grace. These are the people Clarkson writes to and for.

Green_Red

I had to look that up. I'm gobsmacked. I thought she was about 11 or something!

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
He can hardly talk can he? His carbon footprint must be massive given all the international filming with Top Gear around the world all done for 'entertainment'. At least Greta is trying to motivate a whole generation to give an actual feck.
to be fair Clarkson has changed quite a lot since top gear days just look at his farming programme.

I think there’s something about Greta that just doesn’t sit right… it’s a character trait that is most easy to identify in people when they are younger. I might be wrong but I genuinely thinking she’s in it for the attention and is a bit narcissistic, if tomorrow the climate issue gets resolved she’ll move onto something else that gives her limelight and exposure.

Why do I think this… it’s hard to explain. Just certain facial expressions and things she does when in the spotlight you can see she gets a thrill out of it.

The above does not mean I do not think climate change is not a real problem. As there is always someone who will put words into your mouth or misrepresent what you say. Climate Change is clearly an issue, obviously the worlds climate has charged naturally over the the history of earth but what we are seeing through man made activities is changing things at a rate and in a direction that we won’t know the effects on civilisation until it’s too late. We have seen his little prepared we are for a relatively minute virus, so mass floodings, droughts, etc could really take us back decades

Tarrou

I think there’s something about Greta that just doesn’t sit right… it’s a character trait that is most easy to identify in people when they are younger. I might be wrong but I genuinely thinking she’s in it for the attention and is a bit narcissistic, if tomorrow the climate issue gets resolved she’ll move onto something else that gives her limelight and exposure.

Why do I think this… it’s hard to explain. Just certain facial expressions and things she does when in the spotlight you can see she gets a thrill out of it.

The above does not mean I do not think climate change is not a real problem. As there is always someone who will put words into your mouth or misrepresent what you say. Climate Change is clearly an issue, obviously the worlds climate has charged naturally over the the history of earth but what we are seeing through man made activities is changing things at a rate and in a direction that we won’t know the effects on civilisation until it’s too late. We have seen his little prepared we are for a relatively minute virus, so mass floodings, droughts, etc could really take us back decades
she has been diagnosed with Aspergers which is often mistaken for narcissism

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

I think most people get a thrill about being in the limelight tbh. I think it helps that it's something she thinks is of massive importance as well.

Smores

I think there's an identity/story built up about being hard working, sacrificing, on the right side etc. A lot (not everyone) of them take personal pride in these so called national characteristics passed down from the world wars.

It's just the same as Brexit or any other issue (see racism) that questions the greatness of great britain. They're very sensitive to it because it feels like an attack on something they've formed an identity around.

I actually think Clarkson just plays to the audience with this stuff but you can certainly imagine Mark Francois frothing at the mouth reading at such an article. I mean it ticks all the boxes, blame foreigners as diversion, blame the woke do gooders, excuse britain of any wrong, exerts our superiority.

Dante

Average bang
She's more of a media personality than somebody who gets things done. Which is fine for what it is. Except she doesn't have much of a personality to begin with.

Greta got lucky by finding the spotlight with her yachting trip across the Atlantic. And she hasn't let it go of it since. I don't think she adds anything to the conversation apart from her celebrity.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
I really like her, in a decent middle aged innocent way. She makes me laugh as well.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
She's more of a media personality than somebody who gets things done. Which is fine for what it is. Except she doesn't have much of a personality to begin with.

Greta got lucky by finding the spotlight with her yachting trip across the Atlantic. And she hasn't let it go of it since. I don't think she adds anything to the conversation apart from her celebrity.
A teenager can't get things done when it's up to the politicians, us citizens, economy, rescources and technology.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
The lengths people go to, tojustify their hatred towards her, is very telling.

DOTA

She didn't get famous for the yacht trip, she got famous for the school strikes long before that. I suppose if you didn't know that you might also think she's not someone who gets things done.

Moby

Dick
I don't think she adds anything to the conversation apart from her celebrity.
She adds representation from a younger demographic, which adds weight to how considerate people should be about the climate from a young age and take it seriously. Someone of her age would have a far bigger reach to kids of her age (since she started being popularly known) than someone from a different generation. They can relate more to her. Apart from that, she is one of the voices from her generation (the ones who have the longest lives left to live on this planet) against the corporations ran by 'adults' (old cnuts) that have over the years/decades screwed the situation constantly. If nothing else, it's a statement about how people are gonna have to suffer the consequences of their actions after they are long gone, coming from those very people.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Imaging writing that someone who started one of the biggest movements in human history as a teenager doesn’t get anything done.