Griezmann - Barcelona player

pltan

I did not see that video. Let me look it up right now. I can't find it, it's all the same video of him and Dembele. If you have a link, I'd like to see it.

That's a very weak comparison, calling a black player a monkey has obvious and direct connection to racism. Saying 'whoa the language' and 'are you advanced or not technologically' is not at all the same as calling a black person a monkey or calling an Asian person a derogatory word. And before I get labeled as a defender of racists, or that I think it's just locker room talk, I'm not here to defend racism one bit, but I do think it's really important, because it could happen to anybody here, to not immediately look to label someone one of the worst thing you could be labeled as, a bigot/racist. Based solely on the video that's been making the rounds (haven't seen or heard the Greizmann one making racist noise), I don't see anything racist there.
Well it's a comparison based on the premise that you put forward.....it can't be racist because it's language used on friends/mates. And that is a very poor way to excuse such behaviour. I'm all for analysing and understanding the entire situation , beyond what was captured on video. But in this day and age to think, hey it's not racist because I talk to my friends this way...we can do better.

edit: nevermind I see you made a comment about the other video, continued with your stance and doubled down even harder. He said racist things, but you don't believe he's racist. No one on the internet is going to be able to assist you here. Take care buddy.

Last edited:

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
Well, I was away for a couple of weeks and just got back a couple of days ago so I'm a bit behind on everything that's happened. I tried to find it on YouTube using all the key words you could try and it's all that video in the hotel room.

Edit: Found it on page 17, yep that's pretty shitty and racist, even if I don't think he is, you can still do racist things. He's 30 too. Incredible.
Come again? :confused:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Come again? :confused:
There's two kinds of racism, one born of ignorance and one born of hate, both can be resolved, although the latter much harder than the former, but you can be racist without being aware you are, that you're hurting other people based on their ethnicities or culture. So while some will want to quickly put someone in a box, label him a racist, and throw away the key, I don't think that helps anybody at all. It's about education, and while Griezmann is a thick fecker, I think he will learn from this and be a better person because I don't think he's a hateful person who is inherently racist.
Well it's a comparison based on the premise that you put forward.....it can't be racist because it's language used on friends/mates. And that is a very poor way to excuse such behaviour. I'm all for analysing and understanding the entire situation , beyond what was captured on video. But in this day and age to think, hey it's not racist because I talk to my friends this way...we can do better.

edit: nevermind I see you made a comment about the other video, continued with your stance and doubled down even harder. He said racist things, but you don't believe he's racist. No one on the internet is going to be able to assist you here. Take care buddy.
You compared a clearly racist term with a French insult 'sale gueule' which has nothing to do with race. But I guess it's easier to put a label on someone and give up than trying to educate, which is why racism hardly gets resolved. You take care too.

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
There's two kinds of racism, one born of ignorance and one born of hate, both can be resolved, although the latter much harder than the former, but you can be racist without being aware you are, that you're hurting other people based on their ethnicities or culture. So while some will want to quickly put someone in a box, label him a racist, and throw away the key, I don't think that helps anybody at all. It's about education, and while Griezmann is a thick fecker, I think he will learn from this and be a better person because I don't think he's a hateful person who is inherently racist.
I kind of get what you are saying and maybe even somewhat agree. Generally I apply the thought process that someone who says racist things and has racist thoughts and opinions is a racist and there’s no defense for them but I suppose there can be those who maybe hold a view or make a statement through ignorance and really don’t understand why it may be racist or bigotry and they can still be educated on the subject and leave that side of them behind.
I am not sure we can extend such gratitude to Griezmann anymore. This is the third incident caught on camera that we now know about and there could be many more from when the camera isn’t rolling. He is clearly not particularly bright but I think it’s gone past the point of being able to brush it off as someone’s stupidity and realise he really does hold some incredibly bigoted views of other cultures and race.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Being linked with Chelsea albeit maybe only a seasons loan, on one hand he seems to be another support/wide striker like they already have but on the other as shown in the Euro's he's still a top class player

Feel he'd be a good addition to them if it happens

UncleBob

Being linked with Chelsea albeit maybe only a seasons loan, on one hand he seems to be another support/wide striker like they already have but on the other as shown in the Euro's he's still a top class player

Feel he'd be a good addition to them if it happens
Which Euros are you referring to?

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
So it seem Greizmann is going back to Atleti and Saul is moving to Barcelona with a straight swap deal. Not bad Barca midfield FdJ, Pedri and Saul.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

I'm just in disbelief at how bad his season has been.
He's not wanted at Barca and he clearly isn't having a great time on the pitch at Atletico

I really wonder what he will do over the summer, with the WC coming up Deschamps needs to pressure him into getting back to form, can't just allow him to put up such performances while not allowing for competition from someone like Nkunku

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
I guess that, judging by the title, this guy has been forgotten for real.