Griezmann - Barcelona player

PoTMS

Couldn't have joined a team better suited for him. Més que un cúnt.

Nico87

Quality player, only saw Barcelona a handful of times last year so I’m not exactly well informed but it didn’t feel like this was what they were missing. Do they not have much more pressing concerns at the back? And won’t they have to change their system to get the best out of him?

Red Stone

Bartomeu: "This will make a fine addition to my collection... of twats."

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Good, now United being linked with this moron can stop forever
As if, Barca will be trying to flog him in 12 months and our name will be the first the press link him with

Funny to think had it not been for a transfer ban there's a good chance he'd of been a United player already

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Think is gonna backfire. Not that he's not a very good player. He simply does not address their real concerns and adds to their financial burden.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
As if, Barca will be trying to flog him in 12 months and our name will be the first the press link him with

Funny to think had it not been for a transfer ban there's a good chance he'd of been a United player already
In 12 months time ? I doubt it. I think he is a very clever player and will work well with Messi. They have an issue, everything will too concentrated in the middle.

ice-bionic red

Doesn’t seem like a Barca-type player to me but interested to see how he personally and the team do next season.

3KDré

I don't see why they've made this signing. He operates in the exact same areas as Messi.

El Zoido

Bit disappointed that the stories about Barcelona not being able to afford him now were untrue. Not going to say I want him to flop but I really cannot stand him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Antoine Griezmann, represented by his lawyer, has appeared at the headquarters of the Professional Football League to unilaterally terminate the contract that binds the player with Atlético de Madrid, having deposited Fútbol Club Barcelona in the name and on behalf of the player the amount of 120 million euros.

Atlético de Madrid believes that the amount deposited is insufficient to meet its rescission clause, since it is obvious that the commitment of the player and the Football Club Barcelona was closed before the aforementioned clause was reduced from 200 to 120 million euros. euros It was also prior to the date on which the clause was modified the communication that the player made on May 14 announcing his disengagement from the club.

Atlético de Madrid believes that the termination of the contract occurred before the end of last season due to events, acts and demonstrations carried out by the player and that is why he has already started the procedures he considered appropriate for the defense of his rights and interests legitimate.
https://www.atleticodemadrid.com/noticias/comunicado-oficial-7

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Quality player, only saw Barcelona a handful of times last year so I’m not exactly well informed but it didn’t feel like this was what they were missing. Do they not have much more pressing concerns at the back? And won’t they have to change their system to get the best out of him?
This is exactly what we needed, a left winger that can go wide or inside, with good on the ball skills, capable of scoring, works a lot, knows how to press and can help the black hole Alba leaves behind him sometimes, plus, he can even play as a 9 instead of Suarez, leaving room for Dembele or whoever covers the LW spot instead of him.

Now, hoping Valverde doesn't try to reinvent the wheel, or tries to totally liberate him from defensive duties, Griezmann doesn't need to score 25 or 30 goals per season for us, just be one of the best system players of the world while having a top notch skillset and the capacity to score goals when it counts.

kouroux

This is exactly what we needed, a left winger that can go wide or inside, with good on the ball skills, capable of scoring, works a lot, knows how to press and can help the black hole Alba leaves behind him sometimes, plus, he can even play as a 9 instead of Suarez, leaving room for Dembele or whoever covers the LW spot instead of him.

Now, hoping Valverde doesn't try to reinvent the wheel, or tries to totally liberate him from defensive duties, Griezmann doesn't need to score 25 or 30 goals per season for us, just be one of the best system players of the world while having a top notch skillset and the capacity to score goals when it counts.
Griezman stopped being a left winger a long long time ago. Forcing him to play that position will be a real waste of him. He has to play in the middle and roam to get the best out of him.
The problem is that Barca has too many central players, something will have to give.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Griezman stopped being a left winger a long long time ago. Forcing him to play that position will be a real waste of him. He has to play in the middle and roam to get the best out of him.
The problem is that Barca has too many central players, something will have to give.
I'm sure that it would work if he was replacing Suarez because he can easily switch with Messi but I don't see Valverde do that and Barcelona is full of internal politics.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Bit disappointed that the stories about Barcelona not being able to afford him now were untrue. Not going to say I want him to flop but I really cannot stand him.
That money did not come from their own cash reserves. It's gonna drag on. There's more to this story yet to come.

Castia

Well they’re struggling for funds. The wage bill is astronomical and word is they’ve took funds and lending from every bank in Spain to get the buyout fee sorted.

It’s a house of cards at Barcelona they need to sell players.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Their defence (and sometimes midfield) keeps getting murdered in the CL. And they go on and sign a striker. Another CL quarter final/semi final exit coming up. You could argue that their attack needed an addition, but I think someone with more pace would have made more sense.

kouroux

Their defence (and sometimes midfield) keeps getting murdered in the CL. And they go on and sign a striker. Another CL quarter final/semi final exit coming up. You could argue that their attack needed an addition, but I think someone with more pace would have made more sense.
On paper, that player is Dembele but so far it hasn't worked out

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
They have Arthur, de Jong, Vidal, Rakitic, Busquets, Alena and possibly Coutinho, Roberto and Rafinha in midfield if needed. That's top quality + depth.

Their issues can't be solved through signing players. The coaching is to blame.

amolbhatia50k

On paper, that player is Dembele but so far it hasn't worked out
He's just the one though, and very young. They should have signed a pacey forward to compliment Messi and Suarez. Either way, Griezmann is a top forward so you never you know, he may elevate them.

amolbhatia50k

They have Arthur, de Jong, Vidal, Rakitic, Busquets, Alena and possibly Coutinho, Roberto and Rafinha in midfield if needed. That's top quality + depth.

Their issues can't be solved through signing players. The coaching is to blame.
That's true. I believe their coach is a big problem. But their defense in particular was absolutely woeful against Liverpool and the players played their part.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I still remember 2 years ago when he was linked to us and used us to get a new contact with Athletico, siting the transfer ban as the reason. Of course, when the transfer ban lifted, he did not join us. And the following Summer still did not join us.
Some fans got quite aggressive towards me when I said that he snubbed us and that we all need to move on.
I'm glad that he got his dream move, if only to prevent MUFC's name from being linked with him.
AG is a good, proven player, so should do well at Barca.

BTW, if the do get Neymar, they'll be quite the force. They may need to offload Coutinho and perhaps Dembele, but those 2 will be no big loss, especially if they are replaced with AG and Neymar.

baskinginthesun

Quality signing for any team, I guess. Will he replace Messi eventually, when he retires?

Barcelona have spent over €200 million now on signings, cannot see them buying Neymar anymore.