Group of Death (F) - France, Germany, Portugal and Hungary | Took it too literally

BalanceUnAutreJoint

I think you might be in for a surprise :lol:
Great game last night, but I stand by my words.
You have the absolute worst playing style to play against us, Mbappe is gonna have his best game of the tournament against you guys unless we run into Spain later on

Tucholsky

Supports
VfB Stuttgart
Great game last night, but I stand by my words.
You have the absolute worst playing style to play against us, Mbappe is gonna have his best game of the tournament against you guys unless we run into Spain later on
Germany has a playing style at the moment? That is news to me. Probably going for 5 man line at the back against France, to close space for Mbappe and the french attacking players.
Has Deschamps changed his approach? Or is he still going in doubt for the cautious approach?
Will probably be a rather cagey encounter, close win for France or a draw is my prediction.

Last edited:

Blackwidow

The reason probably is that this brings you one more player with height especially when they lack height elsewhere for set-pieces - and Germany does not have a designated defensive no. 6 - Kimmich is more a ball distributor and Kroos does not have any good sense for defense...

That was one of the problems in 2018, too. Two offensive fullbacks without a real no. 6 brings you instability and does not really help the offense when you do not have the good pressing organisation and cannot take risk in the offense as you always have to fear when a ball is lost.

Germany 2014 did not really have an offensive setup. The fullbacks were central defenders and the midfield not really a dynamic one.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Worst group ever. None of them made the last 16.

Edit: Quarter finals

Kazi

Used too much mental energy in the group stages, nothing left for round of 16

marktan

Anyone know how that group draw was possible, by the way? Really shafted all the teams. Most other groups had one big team like England, at max. Isn't there some sort of seeding to avoid this?

Portugal end up with Belgium, and the rest got exhausted by each other Hungary.

Anyone know how that group draw was possible, by the way? Really shafted all the teams. Most other groups had one big team like England, at max. Isn't there some sort of seeding to avoid this?

Portugal end up with Belgium, and the rest got exhausted by each other Hungary.
of sarcastic then cool, if not then tool :lol:

MU655

All gone.

I was expecting more from Portugal. I thought they were negative. They threatened Belgium a lot when they started crossing, but they took too long to actually accelerate things. If they did that through the game, they would have had a much better chance.

France - Mbappe just wasn't on it. Griezmann was really bad. I think they were too slow with the ball.

Germany - Probably the weakest team they have had since the days of Frings. Havertz is promising, but raw. Werner is fast but can't score. Kroos is not the player he was. Their defence is average.