Guess Erik's starting 11 next season

LordSpud

Knowing even before we sign him that we are an injury away for FDJ from playing McFred again is just funny

ForeverRed1

Chasing FDJ when Barca want 100m, meanwhile Bissouma signs for Spurs for 25m.

The tell tale signs are already there it seems.

Very underwhelmed personally with the names we are linked with thus far... Timber, Antony and Ings.
totally different players. ETH knows these players and knows what he can get out of them. He has a system .we have to go with it. Believe he knows what he’s talking about. He’s adding these players into a team with better players around them than he had at Ajax.

bissouma wasn’t coming here with the mason thing ongoing. Never happening

Keefy18

totally different players. ETH knows these players and knows what he can get out of them. He has a system .we have to go with it. Believe he knows what he’s talking about. He’s adding these players into a team with better players around them than he had at Ajax.

bissouma wasn’t coming here with the mason thing ongoing. Never happening
I get that they are different players, still we need at least 2 CM's.

We've let a talented one go, not necessarily top of my list but still.. meanwhile we are chasing our 6th wide attacking player (Antony).

If rumors so far are to be believed we seem to be making another mess of a transfer window. Still early days though...

Gurtej

DDG
Maquire
Varane
Shaw
Dalot
Fred
Mctominay
Bruno
Elenga
Ronaldo
Sancho

We are signing no one!

mctrials23

You say no chance... there's a very strong chance. :lol:
That we don't sign anyone. Yeah, that seems likely. What is it that makes you think this? Is it the lack of spending or transfers in recent past? Is it the fact that the manager who has just left said that we don't need to replace quite a lot of players or is it the fact that we aren't losing any players this summer. Oh wait. :rolleyes:

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
That we don't sign anyone. Yeah, that seems likely. What is it that makes you think this? Is it the lack of spending or transfers in recent past? Is it the fact that the manager who has just left said that we don't need to replace quite a lot of players or is it the fact that we aren't losing any players this summer. Oh wait. :rolleyes:
All of the above can be true, and the club can still sign no one or sign players who possibly don't even improve the first-team immediately. It's all gas and air, but the only relevant facts you can look at are:

1) As a prospective player - Manchester United is probably not even top 20 destinations to play in Europe right now as a result of the best part of 10 years of stagnation, poor performance, off-the-pitch drama and generally just falling behind. History is only one factor.

2) No Champions League. This isn't a one-off, we've finished outside of the top 4 more than we have within the Top 4 since 2013. Good, competent and desirable players want to play in the Champions League. We're allegedly trying to find value and personality over throwing money at players now. Therefore you're looking at a minuscule pool of players who might consider United under these conditions, but then you've got to go and strike a deal with said player's club.

I think by the end of this window we could be looking at a solitary addition to the squad externally, which a few youngsters permanently promoted to the senior squad and one or two of the loans back in, and that is irrespective of what we've lost this summer.

Gurtej

I am getting Moyes first season vibe.....not sure about others...

Longlivekeano

————-————DdG—————————

-Dalot—-Lindelof——Varane—-Shaw-

———————FdJ——-Fred——————-

————————-Eriksen————————

—Antony———Ronaldo———-Sancho—

mctrials23

All of the above can be true, and the club can still sign no one or sign players who possibly don't even improve the first-team immediately. It's all gas and air, but the only relevant facts you can look at are:

1) As a prospective player - Manchester United is probably not even top 20 destinations to play in Europe right now as a result of the best part of 10 years of stagnation, poor performance, off-the-pitch drama and generally just falling behind. History is only one factor.
We are still a massive draw and pay higher wages than almost anyone else. A huge number of footballers still value money over everything else. Mbappe has just stayed at PSG for another few years for money.

2) No Champions League. This isn't a one-off, we've finished outside of the top 4 more than we have within the Top 4 since 2013. Good, competent and desirable players want to play in the Champions League. We're allegedly trying to find value and personality over throwing money at players now. Therefore you're looking at a minuscule pool of players who might consider United under these conditions, but then you've got to go and strike a deal with said player's club.
Every player wants to play in the Champions league but given a choice between playing a few games in the CL for a club that doesn't have a popsicles chance in hell of winning it and coming to United, being part of a rebuild and earning way more money, most would choose the latter.

I think by the end of this window we could be looking at a solitary addition to the squad externally, which a few youngsters permanently promoted to the senior squad and one or two of the loans back in, and that is irrespective of what we've lost this summer.
I would put quite a lot of money on you being miles off the mark.

We are losing a lot of players this summer and trying to sell a few more. If you think that we won't sign at least 3 players I think you are mad. The window has quite literally just opened and we are trying to get a player that is very valuable and at a club trying their best to pretend that they are still the big dog and won't be pushed around. If/once we sort out whats happening with FdJ then I think we will start filling in the gaps elsewhere.

I don't know how some of you are so negative about what should be an exciting period for United. We actually have a good manager who plays modern football for the first time in god knows how long. Probably at least 15 years

I dread to think what OT is going to be like next season if all the fans share your sunny disposition when there is the slightest hint of things not going perfectly to plan.

Mainoldo

————-————DDG—————————

-Dumfries—-Lindelof——Pau——-Shaw-

———————De Jong——-Tolisso——————-

————————-Eriksen————————

—Antony———Ronaldo———-Sancho—

Njord

De Gea
Timber - Varane - Maguire - Shaw
De Jong - Eriksen
Anthony - Bruno - Sancho
Ronaldo​

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
De Gea
Timber - Varane - Maguire - Shaw
De Jong - Eriksen
Anthony - Bruno - Sancho
Ronaldo​
We better keep the ball the entire match with this formation otherwise it's long kiss goodnight.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
New DM - Garner
New WF - Garnacho
New CB - Mengi
New WB - Fernandez
New AM - Mejbri

30 years after class of 92, we present you the class of 22.

Problems solved.

Nicolarra90

New DM - Garner
New WF - Garnacho
New CB - Mengi
New WB - Fernandez
New AM - Mejbri

30 years after class of 92, we present you the class of 22.

Problems solved.
If somehow those 5 end up being world class it could be problems solved for 10-15 years :lol:

Westerkerk

Genuinely think it will be

DDG

Dalot
Varane
Maguire
Telles

McTominay
Erikson
Fred

Bruno
Ronaldo
Sancho

We should and probably will sign others before the end of the window / first game of the season, but I would be wholly unsurprised if this turns into a terribly frustrating first window for ETH and the fans.

united for life

McFred will start in midfield regardless of who we’re signing. That’s a given. Top top partnership

Andy_Cole

Genuinely think it will be

DDG

Dalot
Varane
Maguire
Telles

McTominay
Erikson
Fred

Bruno
Ronaldo
Sancho

We should and probably will sign others before the end of the window / first game of the season, but I would be wholly unsurprised if this turns into a terribly frustrating first window for ETH and the fans.
Optimistic we’re signing the one player.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
His first starting xi will be:

De Gea
Dalot Varane Maguire Shaw
Fred McTominay
Sancho Bruno Rashford
Ronaldo
His starting xi after the window closes will be:

De Gea
Fred McTominay
Sancho Bruno Rashford
Ronaldo​
Sounds about right.

MUFC OK

His first starting xi will be:

De Gea
Fred McTominay
Sancho Bruno Rashford
Ronaldo
His starting xi after the window closes will be:

De Gea
Fred McTominay
Sancho Bruno Rashford
Ronaldo​
If Mctominay and Maguire are started next season I’m genuinely done with this club.

not watching them stink the place up every other week.

Woziak

With the season set to start on 6th August I have a feeling we will have only 2 players in, I think we will only have 2 transfers in by then and maybe another 2 by the time the window closes on 1st September.

6th August Team
D De Gea,
D Dalot, R Varane, H Maguire, L Shaw
Sangare.(30M), Fred, Bruno
Anthony (55M), Ronaldo, Rashford

1st September Team
D De Gea
V Lindelof(RB), R Varane, P Torres (40M) L shaw
Sangare(30M), Y Tielemans (40M), Bruno
Anthony (55M), Ronaldo, Sancho

United will spend £155M and get £35M in player sales from Baily(8), Henderson (4) loan, A Pereira (5), AWB(18) so 120M net spend

Hughie77

Update.
............DDG.........
Dalot.....Varane... Maguire... Shaw...
.............Fred......Mctom....
.............Bruno........
Sancho.....Ronny.... Elenga...or Rashford.

Subs.. GK ? Garner, Hannibal, lindelof, Jones and few more graduates. That's it ..

Walters_19_MuFc

—-———-—-De Gea
——--Maguire—-Varane
Timber—————————Shaw
——————De Jong
———-Hannibal ———-Fred
Antony————————Sancho
——————Ronaldo

Sam Johnstone, Dalot, Lindelof, McT, Beek, Eriksen, Rashford, Elanga, Martial
I think that's pretty realistic.

Good defensive, midfield and attacking cover on the bench. We'd hope that Rashford and Martial (if he stays) can find their form of two seasons ago. I think we'd see a pivot of De Jong/VdB with Fred/McT next to them to provide that balance, with Eriksen rotating with Bruno, which leads me to ask, where is Bruno?

Ollie Derbyshire

.................De Gea
RB...Maguire...Varane...Shaw
..................CDM
.........Bruno......De Jong
Sancho....Ronaldo...Rashford

Bench
Dalot
Lindleof
Fred
McT
Eriksen
Elanga
Diallo
Pelestri

Cafer007

I like the way you put in players in your team as soon as you see a rumour linked us to any player.
I believe we have improved our way of doing transfers this season and its just a matter of time we announce 2/3 players all of a sudden.

We have submitted 120M+ offers for Ansu Fati(Barca) / Felix in last 2 seasons means we could still go after anyone if we think they are right for us, so don't be too negative. Please hold your aces guys.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
DDG
AWB - Maguire - Varane - Shaw
De Jong - Fred
Van De Beek
Antony - Sancho
Ronaldo

Would prefer a replacement for Wan Bissaka but I'm not sure if we're even in for a RB at the moment. Maguire, for all of his faults, can still help build up from the back so it's not all on De Jong to do every time. He's made a lot of errors recently but he wasn't always this shit defensively either.

Fernandes might well get binned by Ten Hag because we don't need two playmakers, especially when one would lose the ball often. At least not in games against high pressing teams, anyway. Van De Beek doesn't have a problem maintaining possession in tight positions and is a lot more calm with his build up play (I'm also hoping for a new manager bounce from him). Would be interesting to see how he would balance having two players in De Jong and Fernandes, who like roaming about, in midfield.

Crashoutcassius

G breen
G breen G breen G breen G breen
G breen G breen G breen
G breen
G breen G breen

With Gary breen just behind the front two in that free role. Gary breen would be a big upgrade on DDGs distribution as well.