Guess Woodward's next press leak/briefing

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
News about Manchester United? Iz a breefin!

jem

It's worth remembering that United hired Neil Ashton from The Sun to help with PR, so I'd expect a variety of different approaches to try to calm the fanbase. After all, I have no doubt that Ashton is aware of sites like this one, and wouldn't be doing his job if he weren't aware of the wariness and suspicion that will likely greet the typical Woodward offerings (ie. plan in place; value in the market, etc.) Basically anything that comes out that makes you stop and think 'hey maybe Woodward is right' or something to that effect, you can probably thank this new PR team for. In other words, remain vigilant!

red thru&thru

I'm loving the recent article by Neil Custis' about how Woodward not to blame and it's in fact the Glazer's and the managers fault.

Yesterday we had the article how Joel is taking over the Bruno deal as he doesn't trust Ed.

The divorce seems to be happening!

red4ever 79

It's worth remembering that United hired Neil Ashton from The Sun to help with PR, so I'd expect a variety of different approaches to try to calm the fanbase. After all, I have no doubt that Ashton is aware of sites like this one, and wouldn't be doing his job if he weren't aware of the wariness and suspicion that will likely greet the typical Woodward offerings (ie. plan in place; value in the market, etc.) Basically anything that comes out that makes you stop and think 'hey maybe Woodward is right' or something to that effect, you can probably thank this new PR team for. In other words, remain vigilant!
There will be loads of spin coming out now with the appointment of Ashton. I imagine things like
Glazers fully intent on getting Utd back to top
Funds are available
We want to get Utd back to the top
Ole has the full backing

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Hopefully. “It’s with regret that we’ve had to let go of Ole as manager, but we’re proud to announce that Poch is our new manager with immediate effect”

Revaulx

There will be loads of spin coming out now with the appointment of Ashton. I imagine things like
Glazers fully intent on getting Utd back to top
Funds are available
We want to get Utd back to the top
Ole has the full backing
I'm loving the recent article by Neil Custis' about how Woodward not to blame and it's in fact the Glazer's and the managers fault.
Looks like Ashton has been hired to protect Ed, with the Glazers thrown under the bus if necessary. I wonder what will happen when they notice :)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Season ticket prices locked down for the 73rd season in a row...

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

Yesterday we had the article how Joel is taking over the Bruno deal as he doesn't trust Ed.

The divorce seems to be happening!
Was just thinking this too. Hope it's the beginning of the end for Ed.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I'm guessing:

Monday 27th - "United stand firm, refuse to be fleeced in the market"

Deadline day - "same as above but with added - Ole only wants players with United DNA and Ed fully backs his vision"

Day after deadline day - "DOF in the pipeline to oversee a summer warchest"
Haha

Don't forget the, "United are looking to buy 6 players in the Summer", BS.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Ole doesn't seem to be pushing him much. We are selling are deadwood sure but not replacing any of them. What we at under Ole 8 first team players gone and 3 in? That is not sustainable.

Like its just do disappointing. Top 4 is there to be had and we are basically throwing it away on purpose.
The aim is to reduce our wage bill, so that we can increase our profits.
Perhaps, according to Woodard's calculations, we would make more money by finishing in 6th place (with a low wage bill), rather than have a higher wage bill and get CL football.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Daily Mail said:
Manchester United are beefing up their scouting operation ahead of the summer transfer window in a strong indication that a major overhaul of the playing staff is being planned at Old Trafford, with the club eager to give Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at least another transfer window to reshape his squad.
Rinse & repeat

Suedesi

United looking to hire DOF.... beef up scouting... according to the tabloids...

You can only laugh.

If you need to hire a DOF, you do it. What you don't need to do is brief your friends in the media that you're set to appoint a DOF.

fecking incompetent cnut, is going to drive Man Utd to the ground.

Russky14

The aim is to reduce our wage bill, so that we can increase our profits.
Perhaps, according to Woodard's calculations, we would make more money by finishing in 6th place (with a low wage bill), rather than have a higher wage bill and get CL football.

Like me he is an accountant and basically you are right. However, as a fan Woody and the Adams family are just tossing all over the fans. At his stage it looks like no transfers in. We will be in 14th spot within 3 weeks and 6 points off relegation. I notice that BT sport keep playing "too good to go down". The 2020 version will be "pure incompetence and so shite every chance they will go down"

hobbers

Ole set to sign 4 year extension. Buried at the bottom of an article about how we're considering preparing a bid to begin negotiations to enter a dialogue with Harry Kane's representatives.

peridigm

“After speaking with the Glazers I have decided to continue my role at Manchester United and will not be leaving the club later this year as originally planned. I look forward to continuing my relationship with the owners, staff, manager, and above all else, the millions of fans around the globe.”

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
That JJ item has Ed Woodwah seeping from the cracks. Smells of him, and not in a good way.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That’s not a leak, that’s Jamie Jackson writing a fantasy piece so he can write a follow up in 3 months time about how we failed to get key targets.

Why would Woodward set the bar higher than he could ever possibly deliver this summer? It just puts pressure on the task and sets the club up for inevitable criticism. It doesn’t make sense. If it was a leak, Ducker and Winter would have dropped an article on it at exactly the same time.

largelyworried

That’s not a leak, that’s Jamie Jackson writing a fantasy piece so he can write a follow up in 3 months time about how we failed to get key targets.

Why would Woodward set the bar higher than he could ever possibly deliver this summer? It just puts pressure on the task and sets the club up for inevitable criticism. It doesn’t make sense. If it was a leak, Ducker and Winter would have dropped an article on it at exactly the same time.
“Overpromise: Underdeliver” will be the name of Woodward’s Amazon Documentary.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

The interest generated by Manchester United during the silly season is used by Manchester United to show how popular the brand is. I am not surprised if we actively leak that information out even though we might not even be interested in those players.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The interest generated by Manchester United during the silly season is used by Manchester United to show how popular the brand is. I am not surprised if we actively leak that information out even though we might not even be interested in those players.
Yea it’s great press for us to fail to get the targets we promise. It does wonders for the brand having legions of irate supporters trashing the club for failing to sign the best players on Twitter.

Its not great for the brand at all, you’re talking nonsense. Signing players is great for the brand. The only thing transfer talk is good for is generating clicks and keeping dick heads like Jamie Jackson in their job.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Yea it’s great press for us to fail to get the targets we promise. It does wonders for the brand having legions of irate supporters trashing the club for failing to sign the best players on Twitter.

Its not great for the brand at all, you’re talking nonsense. Signing players is great for the brand. The only thing transfer talk is good for is generating clicks and keeping dick heads like Jamie Jackson in their job.
What sponsor care about is the clicks. They see United attracting attention of millions of supporters and they act based upon that. Any negativity surrounding lack of transfers tend to last days. That's something the club can tank. Even the anti Glazer protests had died out already.

Counterfactual

I cant wait for the Sancho saga to continue this summer

not.
I've locked my inner muppet in a vault and buried the key in the garden. I'm predicting this summer is going to be a painful one which only the most masochistic transfer muppets will enjoy. In fact, I'm not even reading this tread, and I'm definitely not commenting on it.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
I fully expect us to go after Mbappe Halaan Kane Rice Torres Messi Ronaldo Aguero Diaz Havertz Hazard Sancho....but we instead sign 12 kids from South America and then either sit them on the bench or send them out on loan.