Guess Woodward's next press leak/briefing

fergiesarmy1

Personally I cannot say I have seen someone being racist like that on the caf, on Twitter and IG, without a doubt yeah. Like I always say, criticism is fine, as long as it's fair. You are allowed to even dislike a player irrationnally without it being based on race.
Exactly, I wanted him in the first place so his accusations were even more absurd. I grew to hate Pogba for many reasons but non cause he was black!

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
- DoF
- Number of targets identified for January but might have to wait for summer

pacifictheme

Other clubs manage more than 3. Maybe he just doesn't know how to do his job.

Chairman Steve

It’s hard to get THREE deals done in a window? :houllier: What about all those recent promoted teams who buy like 6-7 players in a window?

And what the feck is a multi year squad evolution analysis? How about you try win some trophies and finish high in the league? Enough with the corporate buzzword terms. You really are confirming to everyone that Manchester United is business first, football club second.

Snafu17

Those quotes are from an interview he has done a while ago. If there's a brief it will be tomorrow.

arthurka

Feck him. Beyond caring anymore. Love being fed the same shit, biggest, best, tradition, family and all that shit.

izec

Well if you do one transfer at a time, 3 in the summer sounds about right if you need a month to get one over the line. We still do things the old fashioned way.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
At least there are some funny and friendly people on this board - cheers mate.

I’m gonna go on a rant here.

I used to post on this board back on the day over 15 years ago and it was a funny and friendly place to be. Since I have been here I have found it unfriendly, lacking humour, moderation very sad (got banned for a drunken post about Ed the red but I can live with that)

Been accused of being racist and xenophobic because I don’t like Pogba even though I have pictures of Cantona, Yorke and Cole all round my house and am not English which is where the accusers seem to be going at.
I've been called every name under the sun during my time on Redcafe, I don't pay much attention to it.

Except when @Catt swore in the matchday thread. Any faith I had in Redcafe died at that moment.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I've been called every name under the sun during my time on Redcafe, I don't pay much attention to it.

Except when @Catt swore in the matchday thread. Any faith I had in Redcafe died at that moment.
I was amazed. :lol:

fergiesarmy1

I don’t mind the abuse, it’s the lack of humour on here. Especially when we are the worst since this site probably existed. A sense of humour should be a prerequisite.

Eric's Seagull

I don’t mind the abuse, it’s the lack of humour on here. Especially when we are the worst since this site probably existed. A sense of humour should be a prerequisite.
No need for name calling on here. Sorry that you find it unfriendly, I find there are some very nice posters on here and agree that humour is nice on here sometimes. :)

On a side note I have just been briefed by a mate who works with a guy, whose mate's uncle knows Ed Woodward personally and he's been directly told details about Woodward signing up a new sponsor. Woodward's team of boffins he has hired a while ago have come up with a theory why we have been so bad, he refuses to acknowledge it being the money he has let past manager's squander.

He says it is because during the months of November to February nearly everyone's hands are so cold that they think about them so much on the field that it prevents them from focusing on playing to the best of their ability. From this January then starting November next year, Woodward has decided it will be mandatory for anyone playing for us to wear thermal gloves during these months and as soon as he gets a gets a glove sponsor he is also working on a thermal sock sponsor but is concerned that is way too much to do in such a small time frame that he can only work on one at a time but the thermal sock sponsors will be ready by next November definitely.

downunder red

Well if you do one transfer at a time, 3 in the summer sounds about right if you need a month to get one over the line. We still do things the old fashioned way.
Old fashioned? Sounds like he still uses drums, smoke signals and marathon runners to get the transfers done. Useless pr........!

Zlatattack

It's just an admission of how useless he is. In this previous window we saw plenty of excellent players bought who would have massively improved us.

Just looking at the PL list - https://www.premierleague.com/transfers/summer/2019

There are quite a few midfielders we could have hoped to attain which would have been relatively straight forward deals; Ramsey, Andre Gomes, Youri Tielemans, Ndombele.

The Firestarter

I doubt there is any other business venture , let alone a football club with comparable and even smaller revenue and brand size that is managed that badly. I dont give a feck about shirts sold or sponsors signed, it is not the primary business of this organisation.

United Hobbit

United social media- posts picture of Ole captioned "our manager"

We have made a new signing- you all enjoy Fred the Reds pre match antics now you get to see more of him- he has been added to our squad to play in midfield

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hard to get 3 signings done in a window!?

Is he for real!?

Bulldog United

I'm hearing Woody is getting ready to put ink to paper on a major deal - "The Pfizer Centre" is the new facility to treat our sick and injured. While staff primarily will be working on getting players back to full fitness, they will also be expected to make regular appearances for MUTV - keeping fans updated with progress and any new admissions to TPC each week.

crossy1686

career ending
Is this the briefing where he’s said signing three players in one window is hard enough but signing 7 is impossible if you’re looking for a level of talent.

also went on to say that this was a multi year squad evolution.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Is this the briefing where he’s said signing three players in one window is hard enough but signing 7 is impossible if you’re looking for a level of talent.

also went on to say that this was a multi year squad evolution.
This was old I think.

Mr Smith

So I'm getting into the realm of conspiracy theories here, but does anyone think that the most recent briefing backing Ole might be a Red Herring? As in, we're in active negotiations with Poch or Allegri or someone else, but we can't get either in anytime soon, so currently Ed is showing support so the players don't down tools, ala Pellegrini/Guardiola?

I mean, a bloke can dream...

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Who did ?
Can't remember who it was but I've definitely had at least one person on here insinuate my criticism of Pogba was down to racism.

I don't think it's a problem on here in general. The problem is when you have people like Sterling telling you it's racist when he is criticised for playing poorly for England, or behaves or acts in a way to suggest he's an idiot, the idea will stick with some people that criticism = racism. Particularly on the internet where people are almost more concerned with devaluing why someone holds an opinion rather than arguing with the opinion itself.

Also Woodward is an absolute idiot.

Kag

Football clubs are required to brief now more than they ever did prior to the inception of en masse social media. I know some of us like to rewrite history and pretend that the club got nothing wrong prior to 2013, but if Ferguson and Gill were still here, or if Kenyon was still actively seeking to bungle transfers ahead of a move to Chelsea, then briefings would be just as regular.

Only imagine the social media furore if we were to have signed an African wonderkid (Mikel) only for him to end up at Chelsea - our biggest rivals. Or if an Aaron Ramsey had posed with the shirt, been released on the website and then decided to move to Arsenal because they could be arsed to get their manager involved in the meet and greet instead of their captain. But as I said, everything was hunky dory back then; primarily because the manager was incredible.

cyberman

This forum claims theres a briefing when Manchester daily posts a shit piece so God knows who decides what is next

sunama

Baghdad Bob
But as I said, everything was hunky dory back then; primarily because the manager was incredible.
Well, back in the day, we won EVERYTHING. So it could be argued that we already had one of the best squads in the World and so weren't desperate for signings.
These days however, we are nowhere near having a good squad. Hence, fans are getting desperate for new signings....which IMO, won't be coming in January.
Woodward is trying to save money and it makes no sense for him to not spend last Summer, but spend in the following Winter. It really makes no sense to do this.

ShinjiNinja26

We’re already seeing it with Ole saying we’ll only sign if the right players become available, I’m guessing Haaland was our main target for upfront so we won’t a striker now, Sancho will be our RW choice and will be most likely be unattainable in January so that’s that position out the window and we’ll target someone like Saúl Ñíguez for CM again very unlikely in January therefore signing no one and Woodward will say there’s no value in the market, we’re using a new strategy and will focus on summer signings....blah, blah, blah.