Guido Rodriguez | linked with an actual DM shock! Did ETH lie? Is murtough caving in to fan sentiment? Tune in for next installment | Percentile watch

Castia

Feels like we have a list of players that agents have called up asking if they want their client

You can imagine a Saul Goodman like agent calling United and selling them some magic beans.

Rob67

I never claimed that, watch him for Argentina quite a bit as I follow them. He is just a defensive option for them to bring on for Paredes to see out games. He is someone Palace or Everton should look at
That might be the case. But he could also be a relatively unheard of player that Palace sign fairly cheaply, has 1 good season, then we bid 80 Million for him.

Johan77

:houllier::houllier:
This guy is class from what I've seen. But he's a pure defensive midfielder, don't exit in the world of United

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
It makes sense that we go for a different type of midfielder considering there isn’t a good second best to de Jong. Either that or ten Hag just realised he needs to protect that back four somehow.

croadyman

This plus Rabiot tells me FDJ has said feck off or we've decided to walk away. No way do we sign 3 midfielders (plus Eriksen) unless ETH has seen the light and decided McFred need to go.
Yeah but is it Rabiot as well or are we stupidly going to still play one of you know who

Suv666

The most relevant question hasn't been asked yet.

Before building castles in the air is this journalist even reliable?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This isn’t necessarily our problem. Brighton completely bypassed our press yesterday by playing long - really smart. More teams will do this, what we lack are players who will win second balls.
When you put it like that, it reminds me Liverpool during Klopp first months.

Wezzaldo

Percentile now joining levers and pivot on the list of annoying fecking words from from this summer :lol:

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
They'd presumably play alongside each other, behind Bruno.

McFred, VdB and Eriksen probably as backups.
Didn't the initial tweet linking us with the guy state it's either Rabiot or Rodriguez? Not that it should be taken as gospel, mind.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Another one that could have been done weeks ago if there's any truth in it. The De Jong deal is dead.

poleglass red

:lol:

At least he's not old and washed up. Whether he's any good who knows!
I've watch him play week in, week out for whatever team he currently plays for, after Utd there my fav team, my favourite colour is their shirt colour whatever that is. I'm quite comfortable in saying he's probably the best player in world football right now.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
He’s a one man tackling wall, nothing gets past him infront of the defense. He’s decent enough with the ball enough not to give the ball away but his positioning and tackling are as good as any in La Liga. Solid player, not fancy but does the dirty work very well.

Last edited:

mikeyt

They'd presumably play alongside each other, behind Bruno.

McFred, VdB and Eriksen probably as backups.
If Bruno starts ahead of Eriksen it would be up there with us signing Rabiot as an alternative to FDJ, a shocker! That said a proper DM might allow us to play both.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
fecking hell, he's 28? I thought (hoped) he was some raw and unproven 20-year-old, a diamond in the rough etc.

Well, that's mostly because I had never heard of him before the links started appearing.
Hoping for a 20 year old. The moment I saw his picture I thought he is another 33 year old we are going after.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Doesn’t sound like the type of player we’d sign. Not believing it

GreatDane

Rodriguez as the DM, Eriksen as the holding player and VDB ahead of them to link the attack. dare I saw that might be a competent midfield.
I'll take it, really would. Garner, Hannibal and Iqbal to fill in when needed.

Infra-red

Didn't the initial tweet linking us with the guy state it's either Rabiot or Rodriguez? Not that it should be taken as gospel, mind.
EtH generally likes a box-to-box player to carry the ball through midfield (De Jong / Gravenberch) alongside a disciplined holding midfielder (Martinez / Alvarez) - I'd assume that with the De Jong deal seemingly collapsing, Rabiot will be coming in to fulfil the former b2b role, with someone like Rodriguez joining him as a holding midfielder. Of course, this whole story could be bollocks.

Matst1

:lol: Talk about panic buying after yesterdays result, the board have gone into complete meltdown,
ETH, it's about getting the right player...yeah right :lol:
If takes yesterdays result to get going I’m all for it. These players haven’t come from no where, they would have been looking at them for a while. It doesn’t necessarily mean the De Jong deal is dead either..

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
He’s a one man tackling wall, nothing gets past him infront of the defense. He’s decent enough with the ball enough not to give the ball away but he is positioning and tackling are as good as any in La Liga. Solid player, not fancy but does the dirty work very well.
Sounds good. I’m a fan of a ‘not fancy workhorse’ type player. I thought Ander was great. Disappointed when he left.

Lights Out

Yes! Ive always wanted United to sign him ever since I first heard of him two minutes ago.