Guillem Balague | The Spanish Duncan Castles?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's trolling United fans to get clicks for his employers and you're all lapping it up. He doesn't work for anyone other than tabloids so I don't know what you expect, he isn't paid to be professional.

I don't know why you take him so seriously, it's like Talk Sport, they make their money by baiting idiots.
You've changed your tune pretty quickly through this thread.

Scarr

I'm sick of this WUM. He's a complete plague. Always spouts complete ITK rubbish about anything with a Spanish element. Sky sports put him on a pedestal when in fact he's a clueless as the rest of us when it comes to knowing what's going on. Now I'll give it to him he was good at analsying on that la liga show back in the day but he should've stuck to being a pundit. Cnut.

DavidDeSchmikes

Balague once said.....'Victor Valdes LOVES Liverpool'
Football journalism these days eh? Speculation, Assumption, Guesswork, and the good old 'sources'
As Lionel Hutz once said "Well, we have hearsay and conjecture...Those are kinds of evidence.

Von Mistelroum

Imagine how unbearable this asshat is going to be when Madrid sell a player or two and swoop in for Pogba :/

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
On Skysports Q&A and was tweeted this question:

"In what ways do you think Pep Guardiola is adapting or failing to adapt to the Premier League"

His answer:
Firstly, the failure is in the judgement. A lot of people are taking conclusions far too early. After ten games, the talk was of winning the competition unbeaten. Now of total failure to adapt. I feel behind the criticisms is the idea that he is trying to do new things with football, find new answers.. and how does he dare to do that!!!

There is a lot of people wanting him to fail and that tells you much more about us than about him. Meanwhile, I have spoken to young British coaches who are amazed at the level of criticism but can see through all that and are curious to find out who he will find answers to the lack of control of his team, how he will make them tougher defensively.

This is a weaker squad that he had at Bayern and Barcelona, but every process requires time. For those of you who like to go beyond the cliches, ignore the small village mentality and vitriol and enjoy the ride with one of the most privilege brains in football with the up and downs that he will face.

By the way, for the thinkers out there... on the Leicester game. What does (right or wrong) tactics have to do with the first two goals: the defensive line up did not come out of the blocks fast enough after John Stones kicked the ball long and City did not defend properly the second ball in the second goal.

Do you think that was not reinforced and mentioned in the work before the game to the players? Anybody blaming players for not being good enough or making mistakes that should not take place at this level? Ok, rant over....

Is he just openly biased now? If so what is his value as a pundit? He's basically said the Leicester result is nothing to do with Pep as a manager, everyone wants him to fail and we must instead "enjoy the ride with the one of the most privilege brains in football".

Earthquake

Pokemon expert

"In what ways do you think Pep Guardiola is adapting or failing to adapt to the Premier League"

His answer:
Firstly, the failure is in the judgement. A lot of people are taking conclusions far too early. After ten games, the talk was of winning the competition unbeaten. Now of total failure to adapt. I feel behind the criticisms is the idea that he is trying to do new things with football, find new answers.. and how does he dare to do that!!!

There is a lot of people wanting him to fail and that tells you much more about us than about him. Meanwhile, I have spoken to young British coaches who are amazed at the level of criticism but can see through all that and are curious to find out who he will find answers to the lack of control of his team, how he will make them tougher defensively.

This is a weaker squad that he had at Bayern and Barcelona, but every process requires time. For those of you who like to go beyond the cliches, ignore the small village mentality and vitriol and enjoy the ride with one of the most privilege brains in football with the up and downs that he will face.

By the way, for the thinkers out there... on the Leicester game. What does (right or wrong) tactics have to do with the first two goals: the defensive line up did not come out of the blocks fast enough after John Stones kicked the ball long and City did not defend properly the second ball in the second goal.

Do you think that was not reinforced and mentioned in the work before the game to the players? Anybody blaming players for not being good enough or making mistakes that should not take place at this level? Ok, rant over....

Is he just openly biased now? If so what is his value as a pundit? He's basically said the Leicester result is nothing to do with Pep as a manager, everyone wants him to fail and we must instead "enjoy the ride with the one of the most privilege brains in football".
To be fair, that Leicester game was a privilege to watch.

RORY65

Him and Castles really are a joke, two middle-aged men being so obsessed with and fawning over two other middle-aged men who couldn't give a shit about them.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
To be fair, that Leicester game was a privilege to watch.
But them losing is nothing to do with his tactical deficiency even though they seemingly changed systems at the back early in the game and have been drilled to play out from the back at any cost.

cyberman

Did you not get the memo? Defensive mistakes made from the first minute to the tenth doesn't count.
It's not City crumbling to Leicesters directness and pace as soon as Leicester implement it, it's City not getting out of the blocks.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
But them losing is nothing to do with his tactical deficiency even though they seemingly changed systems at the back early in the game and have been drilled to play out from the back at any cost.
He probably lost on purpose, his genius know no bounds and he's playing a meta-game beyond us mere mortals.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Did you not get the memo? Defensive mistakes made from the first minute to the tenth doesn't count.
It's not City crumbling to Leicesters directness and pace as soon as Leicester implement it, it's City not getting out of the blocks.
Do you think that was not reinforced and mentioned in the work before the game to the players?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Doesn't matter if the problem was one of tactics or lack of readyness on his players part, since both are very much up to the manager

JohnnyKills

His answer:

If he's such a good manager, shouldn't he able to win trophies with this 'weaker squad'? And shouldn't he be able to stop the defensive mistakes seen against Leicester?

cyberman

This clown is actually doing co commentary for Barca v Betis on Bein Sports.

then they wonder why the popularity lags behind England

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I was listening to him on the BBC football podcast after City's victory last night, and he has Pep's cock so deep down his throat I'm impressed he can enunciate any words.

It's insane how enamoured he is with him, and how not objective he becomes when it's anything relating to Pep. The narrative of his intervention is that since he's arrived, Pep has had to face adversity notably with ref decisions not going their way so he had to create a perfect team that was impervious to such things. Of course, no mention that this hard done by team is commonly known to have cheated for years, and is currently under massive investigation, from him or any other panelist cos why would you want to state facts when a ridiculous narrative is easier.

He was also massively disrespectful to Madrid and their CL run last season, putting down to "miracles".

Terrible journalist. He actually comes across as a decent guy, but terrible journalist.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I was listening to him on the BBC football podcast after City's victory last night, and he has Pep's cock so deep down his throat I'm impressed he can enunciate any words.

It's insane how enamoured he is with him, and how not objective he becomes when it's anything relating to Pep. The narrative of his intervention is that since he's arrived, Pep has had to face adversity notably with ref decisions not going their way so he had to create a perfect team that was impervious to such things. Of course, no mention that this hard done by team is commonly known to have cheated for years, and is currently under massive investigation, from him or any other panelist cos why would you want to state facts when a ridiculous narrative is easier.

He was also massively disrespectful to Madrid and their CL run last season, putting down to "miracles".

Terrible journalist. He actually comes across as a decent guy, but terrible journalist.
He’s awful. When he and Graham Hunter used to come on Revista de la Liga it was only fellate Pep and Barca. No impartiality with these guys.