Guillermo Varela - Eintracht Frankfurt loan watch

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
He has played his first official match for them in the DFB-Pokal against Magdeburg yesterday.

He has played as right-back, has played the whole match and has scored the decisive penalty in the shoot-out........so a nice start for him :)

Last edited:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Nice!

I think I'll be very active in this thread this season. Not only this thread, but the Bundesliga in general. I already try to catch Ingolstadt games when I can, and others here and there, now Eintracht, too. Though, Eintracht has priority now. :D

I'm hoping he really stands out for them and does well enough for José to give him a proper shot here.

Maxin

I come to your team n I feck things up, I'm Moyes
i hope varela enjoying their fans as much as i do!

WalkerTheRed

Played the whole game against Schalke, (winning 1-0 today). I didn't get to see if, but whoscored.com has him at 7.7 and second best Frankfurt player

Glad to see him getting some game time.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I like varela, could be successor to Valencia, he actually played well last season I thought.

LouisDanGaal

We don't usually have many players who are of a proper age going out on loan, he is a bit rare in that respect, but we have two decent RB's, think a good loan and we could see him back here next season, 50-50 I reckon.

3KDré

I thought he had a future. It was just that one moment against Coutinho that seemingly ruined his season for most people. I see to remember him being one of our best players when he played though.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Varela has enjoyed a very good first Bundesliga game in my opinion yesterday. Technically one size larger than our last rights defenders (has one or two times an opponent via feint, step-overs etc scalded). And he has anticipated many balls in the interface, intercepted and immediately boosted thereafter our offensive game. Mistake were also there. However, I believe that the guy is very well endowed and us this year will be a gain (was in preparation already indicated).
Or to put it briefly: This is an RV, which you can also safely be called RV. So far, he shows again clearly what has mostly been missing last year at this position in terms of quality.
Power in my eyes up where it has been catching in the preparation. Makes you want to more...
If he nich something better is in positional play now, then the page is finally back tight
Also Varela showed why it has taken him.

Taken mistake, still room for improvement, but already a solid overall performance.
It seems Eintracht fans were impressed with his BL debut. Excuse the English; the quotes were google translated from German, but you get the gist.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It seems Eintracht fans were impressed with his BL debut. Excuse the English; the quotes were google translated from German, but you get the gist.
Good to know he is well endowed.

Litch

Good cause albeit the Liverpool game, has some purple moments last season.....

Yagami

Good post resistant
Good stuff keeping this thread going @Yagami

Keeps me powering my eyes up toward it!

On a serious note, hope it goes well for him. Might save us having to invest in that RB position/
My pleasure, sir! :D

I love Varela and will try to watch him as much as I can to keep others up to date, but sadly I won't be able to catch every game so hopefully the likes of @Sean_RedDevil and the Bundesliga followers on this board will help out, too. Oh, and of course the google-translated comments from Eintracht fans themselves!

Ish

Lights on for Luke
My pleasure, sir! :D

I love Varela and will try to watch him as much as I can to keep others up to date, but sadly I won't be able to catch every game so hopefully the likes of @Sean_RedDevil and the Bundesliga followers on this board will help out, too. Oh, and of course the google-translated comments from Eintracht fans themselves!
Besides keeping up to date with Varela's performances, those are what will be keeping me nich and interested in this thread :lol:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yeah, I saw that he was subbed after 7 or so minutes the other day and feared the worst. Absolutely gutted for him.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Eintracht right-back defender Guillermo Varela is on his way to recovery after his torn ligament on the second day in Darmstadt. The Uruguayan has been training again with the team since Monday and is to be slowly brought to the necessary competition hardness. "He makes a good impression," said co-coach Armin Reutershahn on Wednesday. The goal was to get Varela back into the winter training camp of Frankfurter Eintracht again, and then go into the final round. "We are optimistic that this will work out," says Reutershahn.
Excuse the shoddy English translation, folks. Hopefully he puts his injury behind him and has a good season from here on out. He's expected to return around the 31st of December.

dichinero

Excuse the shoddy English translation, folks. Hopefully he puts his injury behind him and has a good season from here on out. He's expected to return around the 31st of December.
Good news

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Made his comeback today, first match since September.

Last edited:

Acole9

Outstanding
I forgot he is still our player, I thought we'd sold him :lol:.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Been checking his stats the last few weeks to see when he'd make his return. Good to hear he is back now. Very exciting player to watch, hope he can stay injury free now and get a run of games.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
I did enjoy his brief stint at RB for us. He has potential.

SomeRandomPerson

I did enjoy his brief stint at RB for us. He has potential.
Looked very impressive at times last season playing right back. Plus, I also thought he looked really good playing midfield next to Perreira in pre-season. Would love for him to come back and play a part as a squad player at least. Even if he plays left back, he can't be worse than Darmian, surely?

Speaking of players who looked impressive last season, whatever's happened to Joe Riley?

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Looked very impressive at times last season playing right back. Plus, I also thought he looked really good playing midfield next to Perreira in pre-season. Would love for him to come back and play a part as a squad player at least. Even if he plays left back, he can't be worse than Darmian, surely?

Speaking of players who looked impressive last season, whatever's happened to Joe Riley?
Same thing. Loaned out (Sheff Utd), played once (I think), and got injured. Back at United now, as far as I know.