Guilty football pleasures

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Absolutely obliterating a football into an empty net from about 4 yards.
Brings back memories of a carefree post uni, pre work me.
Used to go up to the astro with a pal, and have a game of booting it into the (highly strung) net, then the next would have to do the same, until you did it at such an angle and at such force, their angle was appalling.
Or until you'd absolutely annihilated the net.

Glory days :lol:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I don't know if it's a guilty pleasure or what it is but I much prefer to watch Serie A. Apart from United games I haven't watched a prem game in years
But how though? Serie A feels rather boring to me. The PL has a great game pretty much every weekend.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Yeah, fair enough. With regard to the arrogant things he sometimes says, maybe it's desperation (unlike a genuine narcissist such as Trump) - Moyes praises himself because, if he doesn't, nobody else will.
I think that’s the root of it yeah, I think you’re right. It also explains his reported private meetings and pampering the press. He wants the world to believe his narrative to protect himself.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
When I see an important player from one of our main rivals go down during a game I can't help but to find myself thinking "I hope its something serious (but not career threatening)"

I'm a horrible person, but thats not news to anyone whose been here for any period of time.

simplyared

Being a Manc living abroad I booked a football weekend. Saturday: OT v West Brom. Sunday Anfield: v Crystal Palace. Enjoyed more seeing them Scousers than our team. Better atmosphere. When You'll Never Walk Alone came over the speakers I joined in and it brought shivers down my spine. The icing on the cake though was the home defeat!

Paul_Scholes18

Regarding Moyes I quite like to see him do well for West Ham. Just to see the reaction here on CAF. Him doing badly is fun too. Just to grind out survival is the most boring result. Sadly that looks to be what is going on.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I admire Bill Shankly and Kevin Keegan, despite their Liverpool affiliations.

Token Sheet

"No 6 bus to Old Trafford 6p, Admission to re
When I used to play amateur football at weekends, always preferred playing against teams who had white football nets and the possibility of scoring a goal in them.
We had those cheap crappy orange nylon nets, not the same.
Even sounded better when it hit the back of the white nets.

RUCK4444

You'll Never Walk Alone is a great football anthem and I wish United had something similar
Wash your feckin mouth out!!

It makes no sense in a footballing setting. They don’t even change the lyrics to include rats, council houses and car theft!

I always actively route against David Moyes and follow his teams, willing them to lose.

It’s petty, but I can’t help it. I still blame him more than any singular other reason why we are where we are. Clearing out all that knowledge and experience and being arrogant enough to believe that him and his cronies could manage a club of this size was unforgivable.

He has never apologized and never really taken responsibility. He continues to believe that what he does “is win” and is so full of himself for someone who has achieved so little in football.

I read he is worth over 20 million and that just made me root against him all the more.

Hating Moyes is my guilty pleasure :mad:
it’s not a guilty pleasure, it should be mandatory for a Utd fan.

I wish him failure in every aspect of his life.

he’s going to be dining out on the fact he was Utd manager for the rest of his life, even though he’s the worst manager in at least 80 years, potentially ever.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
When I see an important player from one of our main rivals go down during a game I can't help but to find myself thinking "I hope its something serious (but not career threatening)"

I'm a horrible person, but thats not news to anyone whose been here for any period of time.
:lol:

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Watching players force their way out of the club then watch as we win in Europe: Owen, Coutinho
Reading the united matchday forum on a bad day for united
Reading about and watching as a real youngster Georgie Best: fascinating footballer with the greatest natural born skills.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I have a grudging but clear admiration for Burnley and their success and rise under Dyche (which saw them quickly overtake us and leave us in their wake). It has been very impressive relative to their resources.

Fitchett

Willing any team managed by David Moyes to lose. How ever badly he does will never satisfy my thirst for revenge after he dismantled our group of serial winners. Ray was right!

Art Vandelay

When I used to play amateur football at weekends, always preferred playing against teams who had white football nets and the possibility of scoring a goal in them.
We had those cheap crappy orange nylon nets, not the same.
Even sounded better when it hit the back of the white nets.
If the netting isn't right then it loses some of the appeal. Playing with no netting was the absolute worst.

I think I actually preferred hitting the woodwork sometimes. I had an absolute rocket of a shot which seemed to cause more terror when it hit the post or bar than when it actually went in. Nothing like hearing a panicked keeper shouting "fecking close him down!! The post is still shaking from last time!!" or hearing half the pitch reacting with "Holy feck!!" when it came cannoning back off the woodwork from 25 yards. It actually going in the net was often less impressive because it lacked the extra sound of metal being struck.

TheScriptwriter

Supports
Juventus
I really like Neymar as a player. At the same time, I'll be happy if he never wins a football game again, because of his antics and personality. I enjoy to watch him play as much, as seeing his shocked face after the United game.

Token Sheet

"No 6 bus to Old Trafford 6p, Admission to re
If the netting isn't right then it loses some of the appeal. Playing with no netting was the absolute worst.

I think I actually preferred hitting the woodwork sometimes. I had an absolute rocket of a shot which seemed to cause more terror when it hit the post or bar than when it actually went in. Nothing like hearing a panicked keeper shouting "fecking close him down!! The post is still shaking from last time!!" or hearing half the pitch reacting with "Holy feck!!" when it came cannoning back off the woodwork from 25 yards. It actually going in the net was often less impressive because it lacked the extra sound of metal being struck.
Yeah clattering the woodwork was something to behold but still that rustle when it nestles in the corner of white nets still has happy memories for me.

Square wooden posts now there was a thing. Especially when it cannoned off at different angles.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I actually love it when players taunt opposition that have given them abuse after scoring, whether it is Adebayor doing it vs. the Arsenal fans, Rooney doing it vs. the Liverpool fans, Gerrard doing it vs. the Everton fans, Vardy doing it vs. the West Brom fans, Walcott doing it vs. the Tottenham fans etc. I can't help but think 'good on you lad'.

An unfortunately sizeable number of football fans are complete idiots, who on one hand think they are entitled to dish out all sorts of nasty abuse to players but then act like complete wimps and get all offended when said players give a bit back, and deserve to mocked and taunted.