Gun control

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
Very common around here to see/hear folks say something along the lines of “it isn’t a gun problem, it’s a God problem. They’ve taken God out of everything and this is the result.”
I’ve seen a lot of bumper stickers and signs with ‘Guns, God, Liberty’. I’ve never understood that. Granted I don’t believe in God but I did grow up in a religious house and nothing I was taught really screams God would be happy to be lumped in with guns.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I lobbed a turtle through someone's wind shield on my way to work today. 5 died in the following crash.

Fecking Mario Kart.

MadMike

I wonder who they would blame if there was a video game lobby?
There probably oughta be one. Put those NRA goons in their places. The US video game industry is significantly bigger than the gun industry. Those backwards hicks don't know who they're fecking with.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Please tell me you can see the comments to this story about the Graham/Blumenthal “red flag” bill...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157290598217593&id=57341417592
Some of them are brilliant:lol:

"There is absolutely NO legislation that will change people's hearts! Someone, PLEASE understand it is a HEART problem NOT a gun or mental health problem! Also please tell me how this Red Flag bill can monitor the mental health issue?! It can't! Only when people bow at the cross of Jesus and surrender their lives to Him by recognizing they are sinners in need of a Savior will a heart be changed. This country needs to humble ourselves, pray and welcome God back! There is no other way!"

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

"There is absolutely NO legislation that will change people's hearts! Someone, PLEASE understand it is a HEART problem NOT a gun or mental health problem! Also please tell me how this Red Flag bill can monitor the mental health issue?! It can't! Only when people bow at the cross of Jesus and surrender their lives to Him by recognizing they are sinners in need of a Savior will a heart be changed. This country needs to humble ourselves, pray and welcome God back! There is no other way!"
That post was clearly written by someone with a mental illness.

Reddy Rederson

YIKES! Sounds like the ravings of a stephen king villain.

Carolina Red

Staff

Just for the record, I posted this yesterday :wenger:

Very common around here to see/hear folks say something along the lines of “it isn’t a gun problem, it’s a God problem. They’ve taken God out of everything and this is the result.”

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Just for the record, I posted this yesterday :wenger:
It's as depressing as it is hilarious. Do you ever ask them how countries like Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Germany, England etc manage to have zero mass shootings even though they pretty much 100% secular?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Said it already but there's gonna be a civil war over the 2nd amendment.

Seems counter intiuitive given the bloodshed but it's gonna happen at some point. Feels more like bursting point now than it has done in the past, although perhaps I'm just more interested in it so I consume more information.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It seems there's rarely a problem or delay in passing the wrong kind of gun laws.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Disrupted families - and the LBTQ people you have totally forgotten - and the invaders from Mexico...

Looking in other threads I found that again:

I love the point with the recreational marijuana... - I ask myself how many of the shooters took it before they started their shooting...
I think I would actually punch her in the mouth. That is some of that stupidest rubbish I've ever read.

These people should not be allowed to breed.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Yeah mate good luck getting a presidential executive order to send out the extermination squad. Of those 3% how many of them have carried out mass murder? And whom is going to kill those few tens of thousands people?
Unless the American government makes their society much fairer and safer, people are going to want guns.
Think you're missing my sentiment. These types think they could ignore a government mandate (not saying it will ever occur, too much corporate influence involved) and actually fend off the government with their guns if it came down to it. Good luck with that. I'd have no problem eliminating a few asshats.

Carolina Red

Staff
Remember that shank meme I posted?
Saw this meme posted to Facebook and commented on it...

I pointed out that while it’s true that prisoners make shanks, I’ve not seen a shanking spree led to 600 casualties from the 32nd floor of a hotel before.

Which led to...

“Um, there were over 20 killed and over 100 wounded by a knife attack in China. 3000 people died on 9-11 and no gun was used then either.”

I pointed out that it took 8 people to do that with knives, imagine if they had something else. Oh, and that 9-11 led to massive regulation of the air travel industry so it wouldn’t happen again.

They’ve not responded.

Here’s another response to me...

Red_toad

Think you're missing my sentiment. These types think they could ignore a government mandate (not saying it will ever occur, too much corporate influence involved) and actually fend off the government with their guns if it came down to it. Good luck with that. I'd have no problem eliminating a few asshats.
Nice that you're all good with murdering people who wish to retain their guns for self defence. Find that a tad hypocritical, but whatever floats your boat.

Lets hope Trump will come up with some ideas to slowly start tightening how easy it can be to obtain weapons.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

There is no hope for these absolute morons

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Nice that you're all good with murdering people who wish to retain their guns for self defence. Find that a tad hypocritical, but whatever floats your boat.

Lets hope Trump will come up with some ideas to slowly start tightening how easy it can be to obtain weapons.
I'm fine with purging nutjobs that so happen to be ammosexuals who hold no qualms over murdering non-whites, LGBTQ, foreigners, etc.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
When you have a guy who survived a shooting saying on TV that as a staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment, let's not be too hasty about gun control, you know that America is fecked.

Last edited: