Gun control

RedPed

Whatabouter.
over 2000 dead from guns already this year. It's not news anymore.
100 per day can't be right??

But then again from 330m with the amount of guns and wackos over there it is to be expected.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
No, they aren't the police, these are just your regular pro-gun rally morons all kitted out.

And America's ok with this?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

@Dwazza Gunnar Solskjær Your thoughts on this?
Pointless. We don't have the issues that the US has. Our controls are strict and 99% of gun violence here is commited with pistols smuggled into the country from the US. But the Liberals will have no trouble spending other people's money to try and buy up semi automatic rifles.

This was Justin's brilliant idea during the election to take attention away from the blackface scandal. He even said "thoughts and prayers" despite no one in Canada ever needing to use that phrase.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Pointless. We don't have the issues that the US has. Our controls are strict and 99% of gun violence here is commited with pistols smuggled into the country from the US. But the Liberals will have no trouble spending other people's money to try and buy up semi automatic rifles.

This was Justin's brilliant idea during the election to take attention away from the blackface scandal. He even said "thoughts and prayers" despite no one in Canada ever needing to use that phrase.

Thanks mate, although all the positive replies on the Tweet seem to be from Americans wishing the same would happen in the US.

Dr. Dwayne

Thanks mate, although all the positive replies on the Tweet seem to be from Americans wishing the same would happen in the US.
The US would do well to model our current system. Indeed, some of its elements are already mirrors in the process to get carry permits in some states.

As for me, I'm going to blame the Yanks for this. If they had their fecking house in order we wouldn't be getting the spill over.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I was looking at the pictures of the Virginia protests.
How can a normal-sane human being think it is reasonable for civilians to go around looking like that?
I saw a picture with a guy, fully kitted out carrying the biggest sniper rifle I have ever seen.
How do you reason that?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I was looking at the pictures of the Virginia protests.
How can a normal-sane human being think it is reasonable for civilians to go around looking like that?
I saw a picture with a guy, fully kitted out carrying the biggest sniper rifle I have ever seen.
How do you reason that?
You should know by now that the US is one of the least rational places on earth. It's really not that much different to the other wacko countries.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If theybhad slightly brown skin, they would be six feet under.

MarylandMUFan

You should know by now that the US is one of the least rational places on earth. It's really not that much different to the other wacko countries who think their God makes them special.
Fixed that for you. Hell, just watching the Super Bowl, half the pre-game was built around the military and god and country. It's no wonder many of my neighbors think this way, when that's all you see growing up. And remember, if their rights are god given, then you can't reason your way out of it.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Fixed that for you. Hell, just watching the Super Bowl, half the pre-game was built around the military and god and country. It's no wonder many of my neighbors think this way, when that's all you see growing up. And remember, if their rights are god given, then you can't reason your way out of it.

Yeah the indoctrination is sickening.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Remarkably, the US could drastically reduce those suicide numbers just by making people keep their guns securely.

We've done that in Canada and the numbers in that category vanished. It helps reduce accidental shootings, too.
Yea but something something cold dead hands, law abiding citizen, rights as a Murican blah blah

Dr. Dwayne

Yea but something something cold dead hands, law abiding citizen, rights as a Murican blah blah
It's silly. Safely storing guns does not and never will infringe on one's right to keep and bear them. It about being responsible for them. They're fecking dangerous.

Dr. Dwayne

I am sure this question has been answered before but has there been a study that determines if there were no guns how many suicides can actually be prevented. I imagine some people will still use another method.
Statistics Canada has data that shows that restricting access to firearms really only reduces the number of suicides by firearm (we've had to lock up our guns for a while now so there is a definitive starting point to compare from). Overall the suicide rate tends to stay the same, which suggest people who take their own life are pretty serious about it.

Dr. StrangeHate

Statistics Canada has data that shows that restricting access to firearms really only reduces the number of suicides by firearm (we've had to lock up our guns for a while now so there is a definitive starting point to compare from). Overall the suicide rate tends to stay the same, which suggest people who take their own life are pretty serious about it.
In that case the statistics should not include suicide deaths as gun laws won't make much of a difference.

Dr. Dwayne

In that case the statistics should not include suicide deaths as gun laws won't make much of a difference.
If I can remember to, I'll try to confirm this evening. I think there was a small drop because other methods are less effective. So a few people who, say, took pills instead of using a shotgun, or some other less lethal option survived.

The other argument for restricting access is that a lot of things happen in the heat of the moment so if you have to go to your gun safe and open it, maybe you'll think twice. At the very least, though, it should stop five year olds from shooting their siblings accidentally.