Gun control

RedDevilQuebecois

This is a really good video. A former Marine explains how guns are regulated within the USMC and how that approach can be the backbone of gun regulations that would make sense in civilian life.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Not even the bare minimum I would have wanted, but I am absolutely shocked we even got this. Still so much more work to do.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Yeah, it's literally the least they could possibly do but its better than nothing at all. I guess we know which GOP senators won't be up for re-election next go around.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
First potential legislation since ‘94.

Hopefully schools can get upgraded to something similar to this…

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Is there still a chance someone like Manchin could team up with enough Rs to filibuster?
He’s indicated he wants even more strict laws than this. He should be fine. It seems like we have enough senators. A challenge could come from the progressive wing though.

Drifter

American
Forty years of better than nothing. No wonder people turn to populists like Trump. Roll on the next mass shooting and more thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
How it started (someone’s never held a gun before!)…

How it going now…

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The last picture is what you get when politics and culture has been turned into a sport. He thinks it's all a joke.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
At this point I'm sure people in Iraq or Kashmir are probably considering sending aid to America to help the poor American public reach their level of personal safety. :lol:

nimic

something nice
Scout
First potential legislation since ‘94.

Hopefully schools can get upgraded to something similar to this…

I can't wrap my head around the fact that that's a school. With bullet-proof doors, panic alarms for the teachers, cameras everywhere and smoke traps in the ceiling. And maybe the biggest impact, frequent drilling. I realize this drilling is necessary over there, but it must surely leave some mark on the psyche of students.

No way even the cameras would be legal over here. And our doors are only fire proof.

MarylandMUFan

I can't wrap my head around the fact that that's a school. With bullet-proof doors, panic alarms for the teachers, cameras everywhere and smoke traps in the ceiling. And maybe the biggest impact, frequent drilling. I realize this drilling is necessary over there, but it must surely leave some mark on the psyche of students.

No way even the cameras would be legal over here. And our doors are only fire proof.
I think that may be only a thing in Republican areas. My wife has taught in Maryland public schools for 20 years and they don't do anything like that or have anything like that. They do emergency response drills for fires and tornados but nothing for active shooters.
Edit: I will add that I think the gun crowd thinks this video is a good thing. It's like they want to raise gun toting warriors and not well adjusted and educated kids.

Carolina Red

Staff
My wife says they do drills referenced in the policies but never call them active shooter drills or reference guns/shootings (it's an elementary school).
Oh… well yeah, at that point they’d just call them shelter in place drills or lockdown drills or whatnot, but they’re for shooters.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Dear God what sort of a country is that? Imagine having to bring children up in that horrific and sick society?
I still can't believe, and get over the fact, I read children were covering themselves in their classmates blood to pretend they had been shot too. That was my shark jumped.

Imho, American children's blood is on every citizens' hands to some extent now. Sorry to be so blunt (and probably a cnut).

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
And that was 2018!
What a messed up country.
But "muh guns !" right.
Yep. Freedumb.

And now it looks like the very minimal gun control legislation might not be coming to pass before Congress takes another long vacation in late July.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I still can't believe, and get over the fact, I read children were covering themselves in their classmates blood to pretend they had been shot too. That was my shark jumped.

Imho, American children's blood is on every citizens' hands to some extent now. Sorry to be so blunt (and probably a cnut).
I agree with you. I've said this before but you couldn't pay me to live there never mind bring up a family there. Everything about that country is disgusting to me.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Ignore the clickbait title. The time stamps leads to sage Seder reading out an interesting study, debunking the home invasion hero myth among things.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
That largely sums the place up. Cops can't do anything until people have actually been shot, as the shooter carrying the guns around is legal half the time. Yet every other decent country, the cops would be all over the person just for having the gun in public.