Gun control

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
That largely sums the place up. Cops can't do anything until people have actually been shot, as the shooter carrying the guns around is legal half the time. Yet every other decent country, the cops would be all over the person just for having the gun in public.
What’s hilarious is he was arrested in part for carrying brass knuckles.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
What a scary country where a woman like that can stand up on a podium, spout bare faced crap and not be considered unusual. And she's not even one of the nuttiest ones.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I don’t even know who you are anymore.
:lol: it's just that I took a firearms safety/hunter education course when I was around 13 and think things like that could be helpful. Before that though kids should only be told "guns are dangerous, if you see one, don't touch it' like they did with drug needles back in the day.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Over reacting much?
I don't particularly like her and fund her pretty daft but the media obsession with her is getting inane.
Perhaps, but you have to remember who her followers / constituents are. She does like to make a spectacle of herself…

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Perhaps, but you have to remember who her followers / constituents are. She does like to make a spectacle of herself…

Again I think the media is getting a bit hysterical over her , you have to remember that in the end she's the representative of her congressional area and by all means she has a very high approval over there and it's to be said that the job description is in the name, she's supposed to represent her constituents and they seem to like her so it's just what it is.

Folk exist that think like her whether we like it or not and they think she's doing a good job of representing them , I imagine this to be the case with some of the lefty ones so who care what dumb shit they say as long as the folk voting for them are content.

I just hope this culture war shit dies already but I'm afraid that's too much to ask, it's getting exhausting at this point.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Again I think the media is getting a bit hysterical over her , you have to remember that in the end she's the representative of her congressional area and by all means she has a very high approval over there and it's to be said that the job description is in the name, she's supposed to represent her constituents and they seem to like her so it's just what it is.

Folk exist that think like her whether we like it or not and they think she's doing a good job of representing them , I imagine this to be the case with some of the lefty ones so who care what dumb shit they say as long as the folk voting for them are content.

I just hope this culture war shit dies already but I'm afraid that's too much to ask, it's getting exhausting at this point.
You’re about to see a quantum leap in intensity in the short term.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
:lol: it's just that I took a firearms safety/hunter education course when I was around 13 and think things like that could be helpful. Before that though kids should only be told "guns are dangerous, if you see one, don't touch it' like they did with drug needles back in the day.
Well that's the old school way of going on about it which included myself as well but I don't know, if you're going to raise your kid in a city it might as well be better to tell him not touch a gun at all.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
This election cycle might be epic.
Meh, I doubt it's going break the 90 year precedent of the ruling party not losing seats i suppose the question would be by how much , especially considering the state of economy which is usually the biggest indicator of how things might go.
2024 should be a shitstorm however which might get even worse if we end up in a recession.
If I'm remembering correctly the only time the ruling party improved their state was with fdr and Bush and it probably had more to do the with the extraordinary circumstances then anything else.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Meh, I doubt it's going break the 90 year precedent of the ruling party not losing seats i suppose the question would be by how much , especially considering the state of economy which is usually the biggest indicator of how things might go.
2024 should be a shitstorm however which might get even worse if we end up in a recession.
If I'm remembering correctly the only time the ruling party improved their state was with fdr and Bush and it probably had more to do the with the extraordinary circumstances then anything else.
Don’t think it will break the cycle either, I said that in regards to the culture wars that will exist this election season.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Don’t think it will break the cycle either, I said that in regards to the culture wars that will exist this election season.
Yeah you're right, it's gonna be bad.

I think I'm gonna stick to football come autumn.

Dr. Dwayne

Well that's the old school way of going on about it which included myself as well but I don't know, if you're going to raise your kid in a city it might as well be better to tell him not touch a gun at all.
It is but I think getting them with the safety aspect at the right age goes a long way to developing respect for their destructive power. Avoidance doesn't do that and it being America there's a high chance they'll end up with or near a gun at some point.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
It is but I think getting them with the safety aspect at the right age goes a long way to developing respect for their destructive power. Avoidance doesn't do that and it being America there's a high chance they'll end up with or near a gun at some point.
Fair enough, I guess it depends on the kid as well because I don't really trust some 13 year olds of today to handle a gun or get near one but perhaps I'm being too much of a boomer.

Dr. Dwayne

Fair enough, I guess it depends on the kid as well because I don't really trust some 13 year olds of today to handle a gun or get near one but perhaps I'm being too much of a boomer.
Well to be fair, when I did it the theory came first, then the test and you only got to shoot if you passed.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
All for gun control, but stopping anybody from doing anything they'd otherwise be able to do because they don't have a facebook or twitter account can feck right off.

Ventura

All for gun control, but stopping anybody from doing anything they'd otherwise be able to do because they don't have a facebook or twitter account can feck right off.
If someone doesn't have Facebook or Twitter, I assume it can only reflect positively on their character and conduct.

Mike Smalling

Seems like there's been an incident in Denmark
You can find videos online of the guy walking around the mall and saying some weird stuff ("Kill me, this is not real, you are not real, etc."). Seems like a mentally disturbed young man. Seems to have been armed with an older bolt-action hunting rifle or similar. No telling what he could have done with a semi-automatic rifle.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
You can find videos online of the guy walking around the mall and saying some weird stuff ("Kill me, this is not real, you are not real, etc."). Seems like a mentally disturbed young man. Seems to have been armed with an older bolt-action hunting rifle or similar. No telling what he could have done with a semi-automatic rifle.
Handgun as well apparently.