Gun control

ukbob

Caf's Coolest Rag n Bone man
Ok, put your opinions about gun control in here and leave the Hartford Courant thread for the respect to those that died.

Widnes

Gun Control is a no brainer, there is just no need for the average person to be able to go out and by that fire a hundred rounds in a minute or whatever. A lot of these people are clearly nuts and may find away to kill but why make it so easy for them to do it on such a large scale.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I have a small pistol just in case. I only got it when we moved out of the city to a more open area and a big house. I lived downtown not far from some projects and didn't feel I needed anything...but here I know that response times would be longer.

I only really got it because every other nutter seems to have one. I'd happily turn it in if the laws were changed.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
It's simply the most obvious thing ever. It is incredible how such a country cannot see this.

I cannot get my head around it.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
It's probably the main reason I wouldn't want to live in America. It's just ridiculous over there; absolutely ridiculous.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Right To Own Handheld Device That Shoots Deadly Metal Pellets At High Speed Worth All Of This

NEWTOWN, CT—Following today’s mass shooting that left 20 young children dead at a Connecticut elementary school, numerous sources across the country reported that their government-protected right to own a portable device that propels small masses of metal through the air at lethal rates of speed is completely worth any such consequences. “It’s my God-given right and a founding principle of this country that I be able to own a [piece of metal that launches other smaller pieces of metal great distances, one after the other], and if a few deaths here and there is the price we have to pay for that freedom, then so be it,” said Lawrence Crane of nearby Danbury, CT, who is such a staunch advocate of the portable deadly-pellet-flinging apparatuses that he keeps multiple versions of such mechanisms in his home, often carries one with him, and is a member of a club whose sole purpose is to celebrate these assembled steel things and the small bits of metal they send flying. “Sure, it’s sad that a few kids died, but it’s far better than the tyranny that would result if the government came and took away all our [mechanical contraptions that make a lot of little pointy chunks of metal go through the air fast]. Can you even imagine what kind of horrible world that would be?” The man added that if the events that unfolded today led lawmakers to question his ability to possess any such items of steel and lead, authorities would have to “pry the [wholly inanimate mechanical object, nothing more, nothing less] from [his] dead hands.”

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
You certainly don't get involved in road rage or any shit like that in case the other fella is packing.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Perhaps the deeper issue should be "male control" ... since the vast, vast majority of all murders using guns (and most other methods too) are committed by men.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I saw a story earlier from the states where a guy shot another on a train over a basketball game.

What do they do?

vanthaman

Winner
I have a small pistol just in case. I only got it when we moved out of the city to a more open area and a big house. I lived downtown not far from some projects and didn't feel I needed anything...but here I know that response times would be longer.

I only really got it because every other nutter seems to have one. I'd happily turn it in if the laws were changed.
Have you ever had to use a gun?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
SCHOOL SHOOTING:Police in Connecticut say they will leave "no stone unturned" in US school shooting investigation.

Yeah right ... they'll leave no stone unturned, except the core issue of gun control.

ukbob

I think the big question is would gun control prevent the happenings of today? and how long would it take to enforce the control with so many people in America who have the "right to bear arms"

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Perhaps the deeper issue should be "male control" ... since the vast, vast majority of all murders using guns (and most other methods too) are committed by men.
You really are a gigantic idiot.

But then again, so is anyone who thinks it's normal to have a gun just sitting inside your car. It's not a tool, it's a weapon designed to kill.

Widnes

I think the big question is would gun control prevent the happenings of today? and how long would it take to enforce the control with so many people in America who have the "right to bear arms"
There is that many guns out there that it would probably take years, hell maybe even a couple of decades but if the process is never started then it will never stop happening.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
I own a hand gun which I use to shoot targets and for defense which would only work if the robber let me go upstairs and remove the gun from my safe ( I have a teenager son), plus shotguns for hunting and a rifle in a safe as well.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Why don't you try addressing the point? The vast, vast majority of murders - and of all acts of violence - are committed by men.

Perhaps you'd like to explain why this fact is idiotic.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Anyone who doesn't see the need to amend the second amendment by now is an idiot. That's my opinion on the matter. "Arms" are not what they were 200 years ago.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Why don't you try addressing the point? The vast, vast majority of murders - and all acts of violence - are committed by men.

Men are more violent than women that's a fact, the reason must be on our genes and because we advanced too fast but still an animal inside.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Why don't you try addressing the point? The vast, vast majority of murders - and all acts of violence - are committed by men.

Nice try. Well actually, it wasn't because you are either an extremely poor wum, or you are just an idiot.

There needs to be no further discussion on this point.

ukbob

I have a friend who I went with down to Bakersfield. He told me openly that he was 'packing. He believes it his right to carry a gun, he also has a permit to carry. I believe it will be nigh impossible for him and many many like him to give that up.

Skywarden

Obama is damned if he do and damned if he don't. Hopefully the pressure from this tragedy forces him to pass a bill, at the very least.

DFreshKing

Of course everyone is going to be against it in light of these horrific events.

This thing does happen in other countries (Like England) so gun control will not eradicate lunatics.

Interestingly, The country with the least strict gun laws, in fact they actually go out and arm all males aged between 22 and 32 with automatic guns and pistols is Switzerland.

A country with such a low rate of gun crime it does not even keep statistics. go figure.

I have said it before in here before the mob get going.

Solving societies ills is the only solution, not a quick fix, but anyone that thinks banning guns in the USA would instantly stop these tragedies is only slightly less misguided than the people who want to arm the teachers.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I have a friend who I went with down to Bakersfield. He told me openly that he was 'packing. He believes it his right to carry a gun, he also has a permit to carry. I believe it will be nigh impossible for him and many many like him to give that up.
If they made it law, many would. Not all, but many.

That would make a difference and certainly going forward would make a huge difference.

An Irish Red

I'll never forget the day my mom went apeshit when I gave the finger to someone who cut me off on the highway. "What if he had a gun?" Sobered me up.
Does that not make you think gun control is the way forward?

Saw a story the other day where a mother got caught shoplifting out of a shop and tried to run away only for the armed security guard to shoot her in the back of the head. That's just absolute madness.

ukbob

Of course everyone is going to be against it in light of these horrific events.

This thing does happen in other countries (Like England) so gun control will not eradicate lunatics.

Interestingly, The country with the least strict gun laws, in fact they actually go out and arm all males aged between 22 and 32 with automatic guns and pistols is Switzerland.

A country with such a low rate of gun crime it does not even keep statistics. go figure.

I have said it before in here before the mob get going.

Solving societies ills is the only solution, not a quick fix, but anyone that thinks banning guns in the USA would instantly stop these tragedies is only slightly less misguided than the people who want to arm the teachers.
Very good points.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24

But then again, so is anyone who thinks it's normal to have a gun just sitting inside your car. It's not a tool, it's a weapon designed to kill.
The regularity of men in their late teens and early 20s engaging in these psychotic acts, can't be wholly ignored though. Would this Adam Lanza have attempted some murder spree regardless eventually?

As for Connecticut, Republican State Rep John Frey had family attending Sandy Hook, there may yet be some cause/hope for cooperation across the aisle in the aftermath of this tragic day.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Nice try. Well actually, it wasn't because you are either an extremely poor wum, or you are just an idiot.

There needs to be no further discussion on this point.
You still haven't explained why the fact that I stated is - in your view - either not a fact or is idiotic.

Blathering on about WUMs and calling me an idiot .... doesn't cut it. But perhaps you just want to duck the issue.