Haaland or Kane?

SAFMUTD

Haaland is much younger, may have higher seiling, is already same level goal scorer (if not better) and Kane is a bit injury prone. Why to choose Kane?
Proven in the EPL, leader and a much better player all around. I'd still go for Haaland because of his age and potential, but I get why people would choose Kane.

rotherham_red

With the talk around Kane and his seemingly set move to City this season, does anyone see the possibility of City getting Haaland the season after, or will it be a case of one or the other for the berties?

I don't know why, but I think they're going to get both. Which is a shame, because I was banking on City getting Haaland and us picking up Kane next season, which I think would be a better purchase for us as it would give Greenwood the space and time to develop into the long-term 9.

Alternatively, does anyone think we'll get him next season if Kane is City's only striker purchase? Other contenders would be Bayern, Barca, Real, and Chelsea I think. I think Bayern would be the ones who would push us strongest with Lewandowski likely winding down soon. Barca are flat broke. I think Real would be going for Mbappe on a free. While Chelsea would be the dark horses, and I think it would depend on who they get for that role this summer. If it's Lukaku, then I think it'll be a difficult one for them to do. We obviously have a good in with Haaland as Ole managed him and he has a good respect for Ole, as well as having a massive need for a striker.

croadyman

With the talk around Kane and his seemingly set move to City this season, does anyone see the possibility of City getting Haaland the season after, or will it be a case of one or the other for the berties?

I don't know why, but I think they're going to get both. Which is a shame, because I was banking on City getting Haaland and us picking up Kane next season, which I think would be a better purchase for us as it would give Greenwood the space and time to develop into the long-term 9.

Alternatively, does anyone think we'll get him next season if Kane is City's only striker purchase? Other contenders would be Bayern, Barca, Real, and Chelsea I think. I think Bayern would be the ones who would push us strongest with Lewandowski likely winding down soon. Barca are flat broke. I think Real would be going for Mbappe on a free. While Chelsea would be the dark horses, and I think it would depend on who they get for that role this summer. If it's Lukaku, then I think it'll be a difficult one for them to do. We obviously have a good in with Haaland as Ole managed him and he has a good respect for Ole, as well as having a massive need for a striker.
I think we could well get one of them and definitely feels like Ole would rather wait until next summer for Haaland

LuckyScout78

Never say never. But I’m afraid it’s a bigger chance he will end up as his dad at City.

But Chelsea I think with Kante are more a counter attack teams against the best. Might suit him. If the back line stand high and give him some space. Then it’s done. You don’t give a beast of a CF space to run. Even the big muscles Uppamecano got bullied and out muscle. Not talking about Lindelof.

And Tuchel has done very well so far. With few more additions. Right and top quality. Chelsea are good enough for premier league title next season. Kante is good and important. Key factor to success.

croadyman

Never say never. But I’m afraid it’s a bigger chance he will end up as his dad at City.

But Chelsea I think with Kante are more a counter attack teams against the best. Might suit him. If the back line stand high and give him some space. Then it’s done. You don’t give a beast of a CF space to run. Even the big muscles Uppamecano got bullied and out muscle. Not talking about Lindelof.

And Tuchel has done very well so far. With few more additions. Right and top quality. Chelsea are good enough for premier league title next season. Kante is good and important. Key factor to success.
Could totally live with that provided they aren't adding him to Kane

432JuanMata

Most Strikers that come from abroad and are rated highly then struggle like Werner always say the physicality of EPL is hard to adjust too. That will be no problem for Haaland as he is a unit. His 20 goals in 14 games in the CL shows he will do it everywhere. I would prefer him but both are in top 5 strikers in the world. Kane would probably be better suited to us

Sparky Rhiwabon

I think City will buy both because..why not? Pep likes to rotate anyway, Aguero's gone and Jesus is not really good enough.

croadyman

Most Strikers that come from abroad and are rated highly then struggle like Werner always say the physicality of EPL is hard to adjust too. That will be no problem for Haaland as he is a unit. His 20 goals in 14 games in the CL shows he will do it everywhere. I would prefer him but both are in top 5 strikers in the world. Kane would probably be better suited to us
What I would give for Kane to still be on the market next summer when he could replace Edi but very much doubt he is

432JuanMata

What I would give for Kane to still be on the market next summer when he could replace Edi but very much doubt he is
Yeah absolutely he is the perfect ST. He would be SAF’s dream. The problem with Kane is he wants to win things and soon so I think he’ll end at City

FatTails

Kane will go to City this summer. Haaland to Bayern next summer, with us picking up Lewandowski to replace Cavani, provided Mason continues to develop.

432JuanMata

I think City will buy both because..why not? Pep likes to rotate anyway, Aguero's gone and Jesus is not really good enough.
City will buy both ? Are you mad. While City spend loads they haven’t been a team to spend 80m+ on a player they buy 50m players to start and backup. They will go for one and break the 100m mark but no way they do it twice. It would be a waste as whoever they bring in will start every week with Jesus being backup, no way would one of them players play backup and Pep won’t go 2 up top with the wingers he has

croadyman

Kane will go to City this summer. Haaland to Bayern next summer, with us picking up Lewandowski to replace Cavani, provided Mason continues to develop.
Well it would be another top drawer ST for him to learn from that's for sure

432JuanMata

Well it would be another top drawer ST for him to learn from that's for sure
Spot on he be given all the help to become a top striker. Martial did incredible last season but when Cavani came in you could see how much are strikers lack with movement and all round #9 play. Greenwood has the natural finishing so he should be tailing Cavani on making space and movement as he’s levels above

Wilt

:lol:
I wondered this myself, ballpark £250m for two strikers.... I don’t see it happening