Gaming Hades (PS/Xbox/Switch/PC)

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Hades second form really pissed me off last night. How the feck you meant to beat that. Going to try again later with the Bow and Arrow. Damn the Gods.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Hades second form really pissed me off last night. How the feck you meant to beat that. Going to try again later with the Bow and Arrow. Damn the Gods.
Pro-tip, when he does that all-around laser attack, you can actually stand right next to him and go to town.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Pro-tip, when he does that all-around laser attack, you can actually stand right next to him and go to town.
Last night I was fairly low on health and had used both my DD’s so I kind of just went for it and got him down to about half health. Will try to be more strategic next time and use the pillars and stuff to avoid his attacks.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Last night I was fairly low on health and had used both my DD’s so I kind of just went for it and got him down to about half health. Will try to be more strategic next time and use the pillars and stuff to avoid his attacks.
The bow is the best weapon for taking him down because his melee attacks have massive range. Get behind the pillars for his laser and try kill those skull things that cause the tremor as much as possible.

Moby

Dick
The final quarter of that fight is pretty mental. Only done it a few times but it's just all out attack. :lol:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
The bow is the best weapon for taking him down because his melee attacks have massive range. Get behind the pillars for his laser and try kill those skull things that cause the tremor as much as possible.
I like the bow when I get that rapid fire boon. Otherwise I find it a bit slow with the charge up, especially when you’ve multiple enemies to deal with.

altodevil

I like the bow when I get that rapid fire boon. Otherwise I find it a bit slow with the charge up, especially when you’ve multiple enemies to deal with.
Build towards merciful end

Moby

Dick
My favourite weapon for crowd control was the Spear along with the boon where it bounces from one enemy to the other. fecking great to watch. You can pretty much stand right where you spawn in the rooms of styx and wreck all those rats with single hits. :lol:

altodevil

What’s that?
Athena/Ares duo boon. Basically doom effects are triggered when you deflect. So if you get divine dash or divine flourish, you have insanely high dps.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
My favourite weapon for crowd control was the Spear along with the boon where it bounces from one enemy to the other. fecking great to watch. You can pretty much stand right where you spawn in the rooms of styx and wreck all those rats with single hits. :lol:
yeah I’ve used the spear once and enjoyed it! Quite enjoy the shield too.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Athena/Ares duo boon. Basically doom effects are triggered when you deflect. So if you get divine dash or divine flourish, you have insanely high dps.
Oh i see - I’ll try and aim for this on my next run! I have four keepsakes left to get, what should I be doing with Nectar after I’ve got them all? Is giving it to the same person several times a waste or does it unlock other stuff?

Siorac

Ares' boons are hilarious on their own. I did a pure Ares build once - basically you just enter the room, fill it with Blade Rifts and wait until everything dies.

His Call is absolutely amazing against bosses.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Oh i see - I’ll try and aim for this on my next run! I have four keepsakes left to get, what should I be doing with Nectar after I’ve got them all? Is giving it to the same person several times a waste or does it unlock other stuff?
Nectar unlocks some side quests and is also used for romances which unlock companions (a super move).

The 3 romances are Meg, Dusa and Thanatos.

The other 2 companions come from Skelly and Sisyphus

So ply them with nectar and ambrosia if you want those abilities.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Nectar unlocks some side quests and is also used for romances which unlock companions (a super move).

The 3 romances are Meg, Dusa and Thanatos.

The other 2 companions come from Skelly and Sisyphus

So ply them with nectar and ambrosia if you want those abilities.
I’m going to resist those Spoilers for now! But thanks, that’s helpful.

altodevil

Focus on one of Meg, Dusa, Thanatos. Patroclus/Achilles and Sisyphus worth it too but take longer for the benefit.

You'll eventually do everyone, but focus on one of those three first.

altodevil

Oh yeah - add skelly to that first three

altodevil

Should add - my post doesn't link to Shane's so no jigsaw identification. Although he shouldn't have spoiled companions hahaha.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The bow and arrow and the gun are the best weapons in the game for me. Especially if you can get some good boons with them, then you can deal a huge amount of damage while also maintaining your distance. If you can get the weapon upgrade for the bow which allows you to just hold the button down and fire a constant stream of arrows, you're good to go. Especially good if you can get boons from Artemis which give you a chance of dealing critical damage.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
The bow and arrow and the gun are the best weapons in the game for me. Especially if you can get some good boons with them, then you can deal a huge amount of damage while also maintaining your distance. If you can get the weapon upgrade for the bow which allows you to just hold the button down and fire a constant stream of arrows, you're good to go. Especially good if you can get boons from Artemis which give you a chance of dealing critical damage.
I’ve had that boon before which is great. Without it I find the bow and arrow a bit slow. Which isn’t so bad in Tartarus but when you get to Asphodel and Elysium and enemy numbers start increasing it can’t become a bit difficult.

But yeah my next run is going to be with the bow and arrow.

Does Titan Blood become easier to acquire at any point?

Massive Spanner

I’ve had that boon before which is great. Without it I find the bow and arrow a bit slow. Which isn’t so bad in Tartarus but when you get to Asphodel and Elysium and enemy numbers start increasing it can’t become a bit difficult.

After you beat the game once you can add stuff to your escapes to make them harder and then Meg starts dropping them again. Same with the diamond and nectar. Hades drops them, too.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling

Yeah, the arrow is slow without that weapon upgrade.

As for Titan Blood, when you complete the game once you can continue with the game and add different difficulty challenges which allow you to unlock more titan blood, diamonds, etc. So yeah, it gets easier after you complete one run.

Also, completing certain prophecies can unlock some goodies. Titan Blood included. Some prophecies just require you to pick certain boons from Olympians that you haven't picked before. There's a list of them in your room. Just check them off and you get a prize

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I can't form a bond with Aphrodite and Ares. I think it's bugged, I did all the romances and I've killed countless enemies which should unlock their bonds but nothing.

altodevil

I can't form a bond with Aphrodite and Ares. I think it's bugged, I did all the romances and I've killed countless enemies which should unlock their bonds but nothing.
Not bugged - just sometimes luck of the draw which conversation strand will be chosen.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Not bugged - just sometimes luck of the draw which conversation strand will be chosen.
Then my luck is shite because I've done countless runs after meeting the conditions and still nothing.

Also, I only noticed Aphrodite was nude after about 10 hours of playing.

altodevil

Then my luck is shite because I've done countless runs after meeting the conditions and still nothing.

Also, I only noticed Aphrodite was nude after about 10 hours of playing.
It takes forever

Ainu

Finally gave this a go yesterday. From the little I've played it seems intriguing but I'm not immediately blown away. Maybe it's because the default controller layout doesn't feel all that comfortable to me, I don't know. I just don't like attacking with face buttons anymore. Anyone here who changed their layout? It's something I'm going to experiment with next time I boot it up.

Massive Spanner

Finally gave this a go yesterday. From the little I've played it seems intriguing but I'm not immediately blown away. Maybe it's because the default controller layout doesn't feel all that comfortable to me, I don't know. I just don't like attacking with face buttons anymore. Anyone here who changed their layout? It's something I'm going to experiment with next time I boot it up.
Heh, funnily enough I've been playing this and Kena and Kena uses R1 and R2 and I find it fecking exhausting mashing them all the time compared to the regular buttons. Much prefer them.

b82REZ

I did. Attack to shoulder buttons, think I put dash on L2, but been a while since I played it.

Souls games have ruined traditional button layouts for me. 90%of games I end up remapping controls.

Ainu

I did. Attack to shoulder buttons, think I put dash on L2, but been a while since I played it.

Souls games have ruined traditional button layouts for me. 90%of games I end up remapping controls.
Same here, nowadays I even put attack on R1 in games where I don't need to control the camera, like Hollow Knight. It's definitely due to Souls games.

Ainu

On 12 escape attempts and reached the Elysium boss on that last run. I don't know if that's good progress but it feels decent. Elysium still wrecks the shit out of me, though. I've been using the spear and heavily leaning on its special throw. I think I'll stick with that until I make it out at least once.

Massive Spanner

On 12 escape attempts and reached the Elysium boss on that last run. I don't know if that's good progress but it feels decent. Elysium still wrecks the shit out of me, though. I've been using the spear and heavily leaning on its special throw. I think I'll stick with that until I make it out at least once.
12 isn't bad. I think I had my first win after 16 runs, but I had played it on the switch before last year (did about 10 runs then).

It's not really worth sticking with one weapon if you want to get stuff levelled up and such. You should pick the weapon with the bonus purples for that run and also if you keep clearing with the same weapon you won't get hearts or diamonds which are important for unlocking stuff.