Hakan Çalhanoğlu

Khalif_20

Does calhanogulu always play on the tip of diamonds or does he ever play deeper?

If Pogba left (or stayed/rotated with Calhanogulu) could Bruno and Calhanoglu dictate the play from deeper as 2 CM/AM's like De Bryune and Silva for city? VDB can add that extra depth making runs as a goal scorer or dropping in to midfield aswell. As you said nothing wont happen until that CDM is here though.

Rashford - Greenwood
VDB
Calhanogulu - Bruno
CDM
Hakan is equally natural as #10, as LW cutting inside or as offensive #8 (the David Silva / Iniesta role in 4-3-3). In diamond formation he's perfectly suited for the most advanced midfield role playing killer balls, not so much for the more physically demanding "wide" CM role behind. He's not an athletic beast like Paul, or as hard-working as Bruno. Think of him as slightly less talented, but more mobile Mesut Özil - with brilliant set-piece technique as well.
Have we not learned anything about bringing players who look good in the pedestrian Italian league to the faster paced Premier League yet?
Geez!
Remind me, who are the major transfers from Serie A to PL recently? Salah, Alisson and Pogba all walk into best PL XI at the moment. Jorginho, Rudiger - maybe not world class but both justified their transfer fees. It's also the league where the new Caf darling Cavani became the player he is, and Bruno actually flopped there and was sent back to Portugal. Come to think of it, Italian league actually seems to be one of the most reliable competitions to buy from...

Hakan is not just any random midfielder there, but the highest rated and most creative playmaker in Italy. The guy turned down Juve to negotiate with us!

Last edited:

Sea-Cow

He was the one who started goading United fans, you don't need to white knight him. If he doesn't want people taking the piss out of Milan then perhaps he shouldn't come taking the piss out of United on a United forum.
Haha ok mate, perhaps tougher skin is in order? It is just an internet forum after all, and this shit ain't important.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Haha ok mate, perhaps tougher skin is in order? It is just an internet forum after all, and this shit ain't important.
God forbid I'd want to defend the club I support.

Bondi77

Hakan is equally natural as #10, as LW cutting inside or as offensive #8 (the David Silva / Iniesta role in 4-3-3). In diamond formation he's perfectly suited for the most advanced midfield role playing killer balls, not so much for the more physically demanding "wide" CM role behind. He's not an athletic beast like Paul, or as hard-working as Bruno. Think of him as slightly less talented, but more mobile Mesut Özil - with brilliant set-piece technique as well.

Remind me, who are the major transfers from Serie A to PL recently? Salah, Alisson and Pogba all walk into best PL XI at the moment. Jorginho, Rudiger - maybe not world class but both justified their transfer fees. It's also the league where the new Caf darling Cavani became the player he is, and Bruno actually flopped there and was sent back to Portugal. Come to think of it, Italian league actually seems to be one of the most reliable competitions to buy from...

Hakan is not just any random midfielder there, but the highest rated and most creative playmaker in Italy. The guy turned down Juve to negotiate with us!
POGBA?????
He does not even make the starting side at Utd!
What are you smoking?

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
He's not an athletic beast like Paul, or as hard-working as Bruno.
Hakan is the hardest working attacking midfielder I've seen in the Milan shirt.

He's not negotiating with any club, other than Milan.
His agent is making up interest from Man Utd to scare Milan into accepting their demands.

Alemar

Remind me, who are the major transfers from Serie A to PL recently? Salah, Alisson and Pogba all walk into best PL XI at the moment.
In what world does Pogba walk into a PL best XI? He is a rotation player at Manchester United...

Zlatattack

Still not signed a new contract - although the rumour mill is linking him to Juventus now.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Still think there could be a place for him here if we lose a few players.