Hakan Çalhanoğlu

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
We don't need him, he's much like Mata, if we're in for him it mean Pogba would be sold in the summer, he's going to be another square peg force to fit in a round circle, we need a Ball playing DM not another AM.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Crazy he’s “only” 26. Feels like he’s been around forever

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
No. Not a fan of his overall game outside set pieces

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This screams of "give me a fat new contract while my agent links me to united"

K Stand Knut

We don't need him, he's much like Mata, if we're in for him it mean Pogba would be sold in the summer, he's going to be another square peg force to fit in a round circle, we need a Ball playing DM not another AM.
buy him.

for this alone.

buy him

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This screams of "give me a fat new contract while my agent links me to united"
That typically works if the player had any hope in hell of playing for us, he wouldn't even make the bench with our current options.

marktan

He has been pretty good this season, created quite a lot in the much improved Milan side with Zlatan and scored a few already.

However we have 50 AMs at the moment, and I haven't really actually watched him properly play ever (only seen his stats from Milan matches) so can't comment whether he'd be worth it on a free or not.

lysglimt

Scout
He is a quality player but not in a position we need - Alaba is another matter :)

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
No idea why we'd be in for him, and it's presumably just agent bollocks. However, I'll take any excuse to have another look at that free kick he scored from down the road. :drool:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
No idea why we'd be in for him, and it's presumably just agent bollocks. However, I'll take any excuse to have another look at that free kick he scored from down the road. :drool:

First thing that came to my mind when I saw this thread

beingshe7don

We already have Bruno and VDB. Çalhanoğlu would be great on a free but I think he would just be offering us depth. He won't displace Bruno. If anything we should be going for Zakaria and Aouar if we sell Pogba.... I don't think we've got a chance with Camavinga. If we did, I would pick him over Aouar.

Aouar Bruno
Zakaria

Abizzz

One of my favorite active players. He's a great guy but I hope he stays at Milan, Bruno has arrived with so much momentum and VDB deserves game time too. Theres so many other positions that need to be strengthened before his does.

NoPace

In theory this doesn't make sense, but Milan fans love him and moves like this that don't seem obvious from a depth chart/squad perspective happen on frees sometime. If say Pogba, Mata, Lingard, Matic and Pereira are all not in the team's long-term plans, a midfield group of:

Bruno, VDB, Calhanoglu
Fred, McTominay, DM

Isn't insane. You have 3 creative types and 3 defensive types and would play 3-4 at a time, leaving probably 2-3 offensive spots from the start for probably Rashford, Greenwood, Martial, Traore and James.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Yep, definitely another player linked with us so he can get the contract he's after at his club.
Don't think we'll be looking for any midfielders at the moment, with Garner, Levitt, Galbraith, Puigmal and Mejbri all around next summer trying to establish a first team role, along with Matic, Mata, Pogba, VDB, McTominay, Bruno and Fred, that's a lot to choose from, even if the first three mentioned could possibly be gone.

K Stand Knut

Well that demonstrates more of an agenda against the player rather than a desire to improve the team.

Had a good game last night.
I was being exceedingly facetious with the Djemba Djemba comment. Obviously

One game though

I’ll happily discuss this and change my opinion on him when he has played 10 ‘good’ games on the trot.

Then we’ll see if he can become the ‘world class’ player some think he is and have 10 exceptional games

The key isn’t if he can play to that level, it’s if he can be bothered

RUCK4444

I was being exceedingly facetious with the Djemba Djemba comment. Obviously

One game though

I’ll happily discuss this and change my opinion on him when he has played 10 ‘good’ games on the trot.

Then we’ll see if he can become the ‘world class’ player some think he is and have 10 exceptional games

The key isn’t if he can play to that level, it’s if he can be bothered
Yeah thought as much.

I think he can excel in this team and still has the potential to be our best player along with Bruno. It doesn't help that we are having to play a defensive midfield two at the moment to allow the forwards to play which means he either starts or Bruno does, unless we do switch to a diamond (which I think we should as we have no natural wingers.)

K Stand Knut

Yeah thought as much.

I think he can excel in this team and still has the potential to be our best player along with Bruno. It doesn't help that we are having to play a defensive midfield two at the moment to allow the forwards to play which means he either starts or Bruno does, unless we do switch to a diamond (which I think we should as we have no natural wingers.)
I agree that he could excel but a lot is on his shoulders, not the rest of the team. We’ve shown we can cope without him and will continue to do so unless he turns last nights performance in to his regular contribution.

I also think he can play with Bruno in certain games but at the moment, what a position to be in. Bruno and Pogba both competing for one spot and both turning in good performances knowing they aren’t guaranteed a start.

It’s not really his fault that our best performances come with two defensive minded midfielders. It’s just the way it is.

He could change that though.

Scholsey2004

You wouldn't complain if you got him on a free. Realistically though this looks more like agent pressure to improve the club's new contract offer.

gajender

You wouldn't complain if you got him on a free. Realistically though this looks more like agent pressure to improve the club's new contract offer.
That sounds nice in theory but any player we bring in on long contract even on free should always be the one whom we would have pursued even if the fee was involved otherwise they should not be signed just for sake of signing.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He's dogshite. Barely even a threat from free kicks nowadays which was one of his main skill sets in Bundesliga.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You can only think this might be in preparation to Pogba potentially leaving in the summer, otherwise it seems a bit odd.

I think it's BS though personally.

AshRK

Maybe a replacement for Lingard/Mata. Have not seen him much but is he better than Lingard?

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Really good player. If we persist with the diamond/4222 formation and he's on a free transfer then why not? There will be plenty of games for Bruno, Pogba, VDB and Hakan to start in the 2 creative midfield positions, while 2 from Fred, McTominay and Matic take up the more holding roles.