Hakan Çalhanoğlu

SAFMUTD

He was promising while in Bayer Leverkusen but time has passed and he didnt get better, theres a reason why Milan is not to worried about losing him. 9 goals and 9 assists last season for them so anything but a squad role for him would be to much. I can't imagine that happening while we have Bruno, Pogba and VdB, even on a free.

AshRK

That a damn low bar isnt it?
I don't think we would need to spend 50 plus million to replace a squad player. From the stats he seems to be a huge upgrade.on mata or lingard so why not. If you today give me an option of swapping lingard with hakan I would bite your hands off.

Okey

His contract runs out in the summer doesn't it? Sounds like a very familiar agent waffle pattern. Though I can't see the point here. He'll be a free acquisition. Might just be some truth in our interest.

SAFMUTD

I don't think we would need to spend 50 plus million to replace a squad player. From the stats he seems to be a huge upgrade.on mata or lingard so why not. If you today give me an option of swapping lingard with hakan I would bite your hands off.
Of course, but again that a damn low bar isnt it? I mean almost any player from a top league would be better than Lingard. Having Bruno, Pogba and VdB for the role I think its enough. I dont count in Mata and Lingard as I think they'll leave next summer.

There's something about bringing average players to the team that I dont like, I preffer bringing young players with potential to eventually take the starting place.

beingshe7don

If we persist with a 4-4-2 diamond, then we'll need midfielders in. If we plan on getting Sancho next summer, we'll need to do cheap deals and maybe this is one of Ed's bright ideas to get players on the free. The thing about Hakan is I don't think he's got all that to his game. He's obviously great at set-pieces but the rest of his play seems ordinary. If we were to get two new midfielders (assuming Pogba could also leave), Denis Zakaria and either Camavinga or Aouar would be on my list. Camavinga seems pretty certain to end up in Spain.

--------- ----- Bruno/ VDB
Aouar/ MCT ------------------ Fred/ Garner
-------- ---- Zakaria/ Matic

Zoo

Sounds like bullshit. Clubs name is being used again.

Kamprad

What is going on? Where is he going to play? Someone’s leaving if they’re after him, but who? Surely Ole don’t want just because of his free kicks and corners?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If people had to pick him or ozil for our subs only who would you prefer?

Last edited:

JPB

Hell no, don't want him here. He's not good enough.

Devil may care

If there's any truth in it you'd have to think Ole wants him as I can't see the board going for him independently as he doesn't tick the marketing or superstar boxes.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If there's any truth in it you'd have to think Ole wants him as I can't see the board going for him independently as he doesn't tick the marketing or superstar boxes.
If it’s a free transfer I think they’ll be fine with it. I think our board prefer to operate on two major types of deals: 1. Blockbuster/marketing signings, and 2. Deals that are very easy to do and make us seem shrewd in the market.

monosierra

This is as garbage a rumor as the Bruno to Real/Barca ones. Low effort.

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
He was promising while in Bayer Leverkusen but time has passed and he didnt get better, theres a reason why Milan is not to worried about losing him. 9 goals and 9 assists last season for them so anything but a squad role for him would be to much. I can't imagine that happening while we have Bruno, Pogba and VdB, even on a free.
You've got it all wrong.
Hakan has become a crucial player for Milan since the switch to 4-2-3-1, where he gets to play in his preferred 10 role.
He has more assists and more goals in 2020 than Bruno Fernandes, if we exclude Bruno's penalties.
The team is unbeaten for 23 games and is the best performing Italian side in 2020. He has been just as important as Zlatan in that feat.
The club absolutely wants to keep him and he has said several times that he will renew.

If these rumors about Man Utd are from his camp then clearly it's a salary negotiation tactic. He's looking for a raise from Milan after a strong 2020.

Last edited:

croadyman

If it’s a free transfer I think they’ll be fine with it. I think our board prefer to operate on two major types of deals: 1. Blockbuster/marketing signings, and 2. Deals that are very easy to do and make us seem shrewd in the market.
Yeah if it's a free transfer and providing it doesn't mean we miss out on a RW & DM, the CB situation can be reviewed if Axel can prove himself when he gets his chances until the end of the season

Okey

You've got it all wrong.
Hakan has become a crucial player for Milan since the switch to 4-2-3-1, where he gets to play in his preferred 10 role.
He has more assists and more goals in 2020 than Bruno Fernandes, if we exclude Bruno's penalties.
The team is unbeaten for 23 games and is the best performing Italian side in 2020. He has been just as important as Zlatan in that feat.
The club absolutely wants to keep him and he has said several times that he will renew.

If these rumors about Man Utd are from his camp then clearly it's a salary negotiation tactic. He's looking for a raise from Milan after a strong 2020.
This. He has been good without being outstanding. Good enough for his agent to try and create interest. He hasn't fulfilled his Leverkusen potential but is still a good enough player to be a solid back up for a big club.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Doesn't strike me as an Ole signing. Probably some agent trying to drum up interest or pushing for a better contract.

POF

If we persist with a 4-4-2 diamond, then we'll need midfielders in. If we plan on getting Sancho next summer, we'll need to do cheap deals and maybe this is one of Ed's bright ideas to get players on the free. The thing about Hakan is I don't think he's got all that to his game. He's obviously great at set-pieces but the rest of his play seems ordinary. If we were to get two new midfielders (assuming Pogba could also leave), Denis Zakaria and either Camavinga or Aouar would be on my list. Camavinga seems pretty certain to end up in Spain.

--------- ----- Bruno/ VDB
Aouar/ MCT ------------------ Fred/ Garner
-------- ---- Zakaria/ Matic
United are not going to persist with a 4-4-2 diamond. They didn't even persist with it in the Leipzig game.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Hakan is a no 10. In the past Milan did the mistake of playing him elsewhere and he was a walking disaster for them. He's a poor man's Bruno ie he's hardworking, he will drop deeper to win the ball and he's got an eye for goal. He's the type of free transfer signing we should be making. My only worries is VDB. I hope we're not selling him anytime soon as he's obviously the better player.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Did you think Cavani was an Ole signing?
Not really. But with only 3 recognised strikers, it made a bit of sense, esp finally as we missed out on Sancho and 2 of those 3 strikers are needed to play in the wide positions.

Hakan doesn't make sense, with VDB, Pogba and Bruno all capable of playing in his position.

Come to think of it, seems like it'll make sense if Pogba is leaving.

devilish

Did you think Cavani was an Ole signing?
God knows. Under Ole we first went for Haaland, only to turned our sight to 3 strikers on a budget (King, Ighalo and Cavani) once the Norwegian moved to Dortmund. I won't be surprised if we're holding out the money to sign Haaland once that minimum clause is activated

Cavani wasn't Ole's first option else we wouldn't have waited for that long. Having said that if Sancho was signed then I can see Ole being happy with simply moving Greenwood upfront.

Okey

To be fair, the more I think of it, Mata, Lingard and Pereira are out of contact in the summer, and I doubt any of them will get a new one. And who knows, Pogba might be off. VDB is not quite a 10 like Bruno, he's more in the Pogba mould. If we're losing those 3 midfielders, and maybe 4, then Calhanoglu isn't such a bad depth signing. Heck, we might need more!

Sparky Rhiwabon

Seems like the sort of signing we would make just because he’s available on the cheap

wolvored

Because it's a free transfer there may be some truth in this, especially if Pogba is sold, which I think he will be. We would be better off looking at DM though.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Think he was one of the most overrated Leverkusen players when he left. He started well, then was underwhelming for the majority of time with us and finally played decent for a few months before he went to Milan. Anyway, he scored pretty well in that time so people rated him higher than he actually deserved.

I didn't really follow him at Milan (which says a lot) but as far as I know he never really was an undisputed starter at Milan and that's although the club had really rough times during his spell there. I highly, highly doubt he's got the quality to bring you forward. If you're lucky he's good enough for a squad player at a club of your size and ambition but even that's not guaranteed.

His free kicks used to be among the best on the planet, mind. Copied Juninho's technique when he was young. He already lost his mojo in his last seasons with us though.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Makes zero sense, Mata, Lingard & Pereira hardly play for us as it is so there fleeting minutes I'd rather be given to an up and coming kid than signing a mediocre player to play in the league Cup

devilish

Makes zero sense, Mata, Lingard & Pereira hardly play for us as it is so there fleeting minutes I'd rather be given to an up and coming kid than signing a mediocre player to play in the league Cup
Mata, Lingard and Periera will probably leave next summer

Dve

He has been pretty good this season, created quite a lot in the much improved Milan side with Zlatan and scored a few already.

However we have 50 AMs at the moment, and I haven't really actually watched him properly play ever (only seen his stats from Milan matches) so can't comment whether he'd be worth it on a free or not.
Like you, I do not have any qualified opinion on him as a player, but both Lingard and Mata could easily leave next summer, so then we might need a replacement for at least one of them. And in my understanding, he can be utilised all across the front line.