Hakim Ziyech | Chelsea player

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Can someone change the 'l' in the title to a '|' ? Never noticed that before. Jarring.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Such a weird transfer that does not make sense.

Bruno, Hakim, Erickson

That’s 3 #10s for one position. Sure you can play Hakim out wide but I don’t know how well that works, their is a lack of pace in the team.

Chief123

Bruno, Hakim, Erickson

That’s 3 #10s for one position. Sure you can play Hakim out wide but I don’t know how well that works, their is a lack of pace in the team.
Ziyech has played primarily from the right. Even in his last season at ajax if I remember correctly. I do think it’s a low risk signing as the reported fee is very cheap and if ETH can get a tune out of him again he could add value. I do think he is suited to an ETH system of 4231 or 433. Chelseas wingback system didn’t suit him at all as that requires wingers with pace and goal contributions.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'd be in for this at the price mentioned, loved him at Ajax

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax

Bruno, Hakim, Erickson

Exactly. Doesn't make sense. It's too much of the same. All three of these players need to be on the ball a lot. Now if Eriksen played at #6/8 he could possibly play in a less notable role. However players like Ziyech and Bruno both need to be on the ball a lot. That can't be the case with both on the team. If Bruno wasn't at United, I definitely could see Ten Hag getting Ziyech.

This is also why I don't believe these rumours at all. Ten Hag doesn't need him and if he would be interested in him he would have taken him a long time ago in the window as it's been quite obvious that Ziyech is available for quite a while. Ten Hag already has players with playmaking/creative skills and he could also use Bruno on the wing to play like an inverted winger (just like Ziyech did at Ajax) if he wants to go for this tactical option. Ziyech is a great player, but United already has players that bring the same qualities.

This is just lazy journalism. People trying to get clicks by just linking a former Ajax-player to EtH. Since United are apparenty after Antony (RW), if you think in a little bit of a simple manner it's easy to fabricate a Ziyech rumour and make it sound plausible. However if you dig into it, it just doesn't make sense.

Blood Mage

Yeah I'd rather we didn't indulge Ten Hag on this one. Seems like he's trying to recreate the Ajax glory days but Ziyech has regressed badly since then.

OleGunnar20

For 8m as a backup RW? sure. Would bridge the year or two gap while we develop Elanga / Pellistri / Amad for the role, or bring in competition from elsewhere. Also suits as a backup to Sancho stylistically quite nicely.

Wouldn't expect him to be anything more than rotation mind you.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
You will have to forgive my ignorance here but what kind of role was it?

Was he freed of defensive duties and given a free role?

Why do you think it fell apart for him at Chelsea?
He did work hard, but Ajax allowed play to run through him, have him lose the ball as much as he liked, and it mostly paid off.

Some players only really work when play runs through them, I feel the same with Odegaard, though he doesnt lose the ball as much. Don't make them system players.

And that is exactly what Tuchel expects of him from the little Ive seen.

And one can argue his brilliance isnt great enough to warrant such treatment.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Assuming Chelsea doesn't add a 15M United tax on that price, i think he would be a good stop-gap solution. You're not really getting Antony or any big signing on the wing so why not.
Could give him a 2+1 deal on okayish wages and hope TenHag can get him back in form.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah I'd rather we didn't indulge Ten Hag on this one. Seems like he's trying to recreate the Ajax glory days but Ziyech has regressed badly since then.
More like just a cheap option who he has worked with in a position of desperation late in the window. The barometer right now is "are you better than elanga". Antony I'm sure we'll revisit next summer, but for now, not a bad option.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
8m for RW option better than Elanga, offer creativity, and proven fit in our manager’s system. As long as he asks for reasonable salary, I don’t see anything wrong in signing him this summer.

Walters_19_MuFc

Wouldn't be my preferred choice but he's another body, and someone who can play on the right.

People mentioning speed, but the way ten Hag plays his wingers means they don't really need to have blistering speed, but more so good passing ability and good in tight spaces.

TheLord

He was bought by Chelsea for €40 million. If we can get the 29-year-old for less than half that sum, I'd be very happy. He has certainly regressed at Chelsea, but some of it was down to frequent managerial changes and constant change in playing formations.

He will be a very handy option. And if doesn't work out, we can always ship him back to Ajax for ~€10 million. ;)

Frank Grimes

Not surprised to hear this. I think a deal for him is infinitely better than spunking £65m on Antony.

Ajax might rue the day they got greedy with Antony. An ordinary season and he is a £25m player.

Kramer

Could we not just do a loan to buy?
I don’t understand why we don’t do more of such loan deals for incomings at United

If our No 1 targets aren't available (for eg. Antony) or if the manager and recruitment department don’t agree 100%, surely more of such loan deals with buy options make more sense.

So many other top clubs seem to do such deals. Literally every player we try to sell goes on loan. What’s stopping us?

jamesjimmybyrondean

Ac Milan wanted him not sure if they still do because he was reported to be an alternative to the player they just signed. Loan deal is the best option but I wouldn't mind that 8m fee on a short contract. Easily better than any other option we gave on the right bar Sancho.

bringbackbebe

Aren't we bending over to anything thing Ten Hag needs?
We fired significant members of our scouting department & have brought new people in. It'll take a while to get the new system up and running to spot the type of talent that ETH will want. Till then, we have little option unless we want do a Woodward and being in Neymar.

Mwooyo

Funnily enough, Ziyech is a much better and cheaper option when compared to Anthony. Despite what people calling Ziyech a flop think, Chelsea use ziyech in the worst possible way. They give him the ball and expect him to beat 3 or 4 players before creating a chance. Basically, they think ziyech is hazard 2.0. Ziyech is very different to hazard, ziyech makes chances through his crossing and passing....and only dribbles when he has to do so. Chelsea have misused Ziyechs attributes. What we should ask is, does he bring something different from what we have

To be Honest For manutd, he would be a perfect fit in the sense that he offers something all our wingers dont offer. He has elite crossing and that attribute will be needed during the season. If you are playing ultra defensive teams and time is running out, you dont want to bring another give and go player like rashford or worse elanga. You need to suffocate the team with bodies in the box and the cross option....something ziyech does well. Ziyech is also an elite left footed passer from the wing...something neither sancho or rashford can even begin to do. All those nice fancy angled passes, he does for fun everyday.

Secondly, ziyech is already used to the ten hag system...he knows when to press, how to press, and when we win the press, he knows how to find runners with quick passing. When he is one on one with defenders, he is very very good. His finishing is also top class. Even the Ziyech at chelsea creates way more chances than someone like rashford. Even if he didnt improve...and to be clear, he definitely will improve because the coach appreciates his skillset, he is a better option right now in comparison to rashford.

Thirdly and most importantly, I think most people are misunderstanding the idea, This is not a case of Ziyech vs Sancho or Ziyech vs Rashford (even if I compared him vs rashford)....its actually Ziyech vs Elanga and it should be a no brainer. Elanga is really just absolutely horrible at almost everything...and the one thing he does well ie. Pressing, Ziyech does better. Elanga really needs to go out on loan. Honestly, I doubt he will make it long term at manutd but that's a story for another post...for now he just needs to play games on loan

Lastly, Ziyech is old...weirdly though, I think this is another advantage. He is the perfect stop gap solution for us right now given the age and his price. We cant spend big money to fix the right wing now when we dont have a CDM(we actually need 2 here), a good young striker or a backup RB. Ziyech is a perfect fit for us on so many levels

Last edited:

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
What transfer fee are we talking about? Not overly convinced by him, but if he's cheap, it would make some sense. Should've gone for Perisic maybe, but hindsight and all that

Drizzle

As cheap and experienced backup for Sancho on the right, this makes much more sense than Antony for £70m. He's not great, but he's pretty decent and understands the ETH system.

Of course Antony is better with a much higher ceiling, but given our major issues elsewhere in the squad and the fact that Sancho is looking nailed on at RW, this would be sensible if we can get it done for £10-15m max.

Xaviboy

No brainer for a fee of 8-10 million. Knows ETH and what is required for his style and demands. Already played in premier league so knows what to expect week in and week out. Better then Elenga.

Has a good left foot and works hard off the ball.

tidraKS

Of course I'd love to have him here, he could be a great player for us, hungry, determined and already knows Erik's game.

Then after a year, if Antony can keep up his game and we still interested, Hakim can be a backup player for 3 positions.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I really doubt that 8m fee is true though. They are demanding more for Azp who has a year left. Just seems too cheap

SoulSurvivor

Supports
Ajax
This Ten Hag guy really loves Ajax.
Great dude... :D

BTW: Ziyech was really really great at Ajax. For 8m he's a better option than Antony (if you're looking at the price-quality ratio).

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Funnily enough, Ziyech is a much better and cheaper option when compared to Anthony. Despite what people calling Ziyech a flop think, Chelsea use ziyech in the worst possible way. They give him the ball and expect him to beat 3 or 4 players before creating a chance. Basically, they think ziyech is hazard 2.0. Ziyech is very different to hazard, ziyech makes chances through his crossing and passing....and only dribbles when he has to do so. Chelsea have misused Ziyechs attributes. What we should ask is, does he bring something different from what we have

To be Honest For manutd, he would be a perfect fit in the sense that he offers something all our wingers dont offer. He has elite crossing and that attribute will be needed during the season. If you are playing ultra defensive teams and time is running out, you dont want to bring another give and go player like rashford or worse elanga. You need to suffocate the team with bodies in the box and the cross option....something ziyech does well. Ziyech is also an elite left footed passer from the wing...something neither sancho or rashford can even begin to do. All those nice fancy angled passes, he does for fun everyday.

Secondly, ziyech is already used to the ten hag system...he knows when to press, how to press, and when we win the press, he knows how to find runners with quick passing. When he is one on one with defenders, he is very very good. His finishing is also top class. Even the Ziyech at chelsea creates way more chances than someone like rashford. Even if he didnt improve...and to be clear, he definitely will improve because the coach appreciates his skillset, he is a better option right now in comparison to rashford.

Thirdly and most importantly, I think most people are misunderstanding the idea, This is not a case of Ziyech vs Sancho or Ziyech vs Rashford (even if I compared him vs rashford)....its actually Ziyech vs Elanga and it should be a no brainer. Elanga is really just absolutely horrible at almost everything...and the one thing he does well ie. Pressing, Ziyech does better. Elanga really needs to go out on loan. Honestly, I doubt he will make it long term at manutd but that's a story for another post...for now he just to play games on loan

Lastly, Ziyech is old...weirdly though, I think this is another advantage. He is the perfect stop gap solution for us right now given the age and his price. We cant spend big money to fix the right wing now when we dont have a CDM(we actually need 2 here), a good young striker or a backup RB. Ziyech is a perfect fit for us on so many levels
Since when was 29 years classed as old?? :confused:

Elanga is a good backup option and a completely different player to Ziyech, if anything it'll be Ziyech Vs Amad, as they are similar in styles in my opinion and will be fighting out for the same positions.