Hakim Ziyech | Chelsea player

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Good point - lots of similarities but I don't think I've seen Ziyech play as many risky passes as Bruno attempts per game, but that could just be down to Ziyech not being fully in his groove yet..
I think the difference is bruno gives the ball away for fun even in the build up of play whilst from what ive seen so far ziyechs build up is fine whether it be long or short.
Both of them should be encouraged to try risky passes in the final third though for sure.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I don’t understand this. 10-15 years ago fans were happy about getting someone around 26-27. You literally by the player at their peak.
For some reason we are now fixated with 18-21 year old players who are inconsistent and makes mistakes and then shit all over them and write off their whole careers.

I am pretty confident Ziyech will prove to be one of the top 5 best transfers in the entire league this season. I don’t think there is a player with a better range of passing than him in the league.
I think the poster in question was being sarcastic and was pointing out what you were pretty much saying i.e. football is obsessed with young players now and any player over the age of 25 is now being seen as past it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don’t understand this. 10-15 years ago fans were happy about getting someone around 26-27. You literally by the player at their peak.
For some reason we are now fixated with 18-21 year old players who are inconsistent and makes mistakes and then shit all over them and write off their whole careers.

I am pretty confident Ziyech will prove to be one of the top 5 best transfers in the entire league this season. I don’t think there is a player with a better range of passing than him in the league.
It is one of the more irritating redcafe traits.
As is the use of the word "decline". Normally because said player will be close to 30 in a few years.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
With Hakim creating from the right wing, I think Bruno would work with him. Besides the creativeness he possess, his vision on a counter and delivery of passes ahead and across the field is only going to get better the longer he plays with his teammates. He is a special passer of the ball. If a defender lays off him to take away angles for passes, he goes straight for goal.

Pagh Wraith

The problem with signing a 27-year old on a big contract for a lot of money is that you'll have a problem moving him on in year three, four or five of his contract if he isn't performing at the desired level anymore. So you want to make sure it's a top, top player who will be dominant for years to come that you are getting. Probably not so much an issue for Chelsea as they have a lot of money but for precisely that reason I've been saying that Partey is such a bad transfer for Arsenal. Huge money for a good (but not elite) player that improves them but isn't what the squad needs (a creative midfielder in Arsenal's case) and ties up a lot of money in wages that could be used elsewhere. Not saying that applies to Ziyech at all but it is always a risk.

Newcastle for example have a policy of not signing anyone over 26.

Last edited:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
The problem with signing a 27-year old on a big contract for a lot of money is that you'll have a problem moving him on in year three, four or five of his contract if he isn't performing at the desired level anymore. So you want to make sure it's a top, top player who will be dominant for years to come that you are getting. Probably not so much an issue for Chelsea as they have a lot of money but for precisely that reason I've been saying that Partey is such a bad transfer for Arsenal. Huge money for a good (but not elite) player that improves them but isn't what the squad needs (a creative midfielder in Arsenal's case) and ties up a lot of money in wages that could be used elsewhere. Not saying that implies to Ziyech at all but it is always a risk.

Newcastle for example have a policy of not signing anyone over 26.
Newcastle are shit mate.

If all clubs could afford to, they’d buy 50%+ of their players at 26 and write off a sell on fee.

Adrian Saint

You guys have done well because there is so much depth which is what we lack at United. You have 3 attacking option in Giroud, Tammy and Werner. Pulisic, Cho, willian( I’m predicting he stays for an extra year because he is quality even if most of you don’t appreciate him) for the wings. Also Pedro is leaving which means Willian is still needed. Havertz and mount for the center. That’s insane depth so far.
Lampard is a liability, he's too inexperienced. Chelsea need a top class CB with age but not too old who can mentor Zuma, as Zuma looks class if only he could be mentored by a real CB away from Lampard. James looks pure class, again needs a mentor - get those guys and a top CB firing with a real coach and Chelsea have no excuses not to win it next year. I doubt Frank will last beyond Xmas as the team only holds clean sheets against garbage with Silva in the team. Take him out and play real opposition and they collapse thus Frank has to go. But Werner is the jewel, he's a total goal machine, and the Ajax guy, all the signings look great - give them 20 games to get to know each other we're looking at some serious drubbings for some teams, but Frank has to go.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Lampard is a liability, he's too inexperienced. Chelsea need a top class CB with age but not too old who can mentor Zuma, as Zuma looks class if only he could be mentored by a real CB away from Lampard. James looks pure class, again needs a mentor - get those guys and a top CB firing with a real coach and Chelsea have no excuses not to win it next year. I doubt Frank will last beyond Xmas as the team only holds clean sheets against garbage with Silva in the team. Take him out and play real opposition and they collapse thus Frank has to go. But Werner is the jewel, he's a total goal machine, and the Ajax guy, all the signings look great - give them 20 games to get to know each other we're looking at some serious drubbings for some teams, but Frank has to go.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Really, really good performance from him tonight. He just has that spark that not many others players can bring.

James Peril

In fairness i'm not sure Ziyech and Bruno would have meshed well together, both extremely high risk high reward players and you can only really have one in any team especially if you're looking to challenge for titles.
We played with Juan Mata today, so I’d happily risk the two together. And titles.... hehe, well let’s focus on fun and goals instead.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
If only Danny Blind called him up after his injury, he would've played for Holland. Gutted he switched after that.

Meadowlark

Supports
Chelsea
His name should be very simple for English speaking people to pronounce it.

I don't know why everyone is butchering it (the above is probably the worst).

neilv93

Really, really good performance from him tonight. He just has that spark that not many others players can bring.
Such a classy and elegant player, oozes class. Great crosser, sublime passer and brilliant dribbler.

Chelsea's window, annoyingly, is looking better and better as the likes of Ziyech, Werner, Silva, Chilwell and Mendy are acclimatising.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Such a classy and elegant player, oozes class. Great crosser, sublime passer and brilliant dribbler.

Chelsea's window, annoyingly, is looking better and better as the likes of Ziyech, Werner, Silva, Chilwell and Mendy are acclimatising.
Chelsea's long term prospects are starting to look very good. I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and he pointed out that at the end of the 2021/22 season, they could be only one or two players away from having a team that could go 7-10 years at the top. I mean, this is quite possible (ages indicate the age of player at the start of the 2022/23 season):

Mendy (30)
James (22) Zouma (28) Christensen (27) Chilwell (25)
Mount (23) Harvetz (23) Kante (31)
Ziyech (29) Werner (26) Pulisic (23)

Bench: Kepa (28), Azpi (33), Tomori (24), Kovacic (27) Gilmour (21), CHO (22), Abraham (24)

That is also before you get to other players like Amapdu (22) (Been playing well for Sheff Utd) and Gallagher (22).

Only concern looking at that would be CB (they need someone to replace Chrsitensen in the starting line-up), Kante at 31 (I think they will get Rice who would be 24 at the start of 2022/23) and maybe a CF as I am unsure Werner can play there in a 433 and I am still not entirely sold on Abraham (although I think he will end up a good squad option for them.)

If they sort out a good young CB, Rice and possibly a CF they could be a monster of a team in 2 years time.

EngimaMK

I was annoyed we didn't get him or even go in for him. I'm even more so now...

Web of Bissaka

Ziyech basically replaced Willian, offering good right width and providing good supply feeding other teammates.

Sigh.. we literally need this kind of player. It's like our club is a masochist, refusing to solve the RW problem for 6-7 years now was it?

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Well I'll continue to be jealous of Chelsea's purchase of Ziyech. It was just so obvious a transfer for Arsenal a couple of seasons ago its 1 of those that you just knew we weren't going to do. Basically gave out come & get me pleas, Arsenal fan, decent price, Overmars even said we should get him to take over from Ozil. Instead we blew £72M on Pepe.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Chelsea's long term prospects are starting to look very good. I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and he pointed out that at the end of the 2021/22 season, they could be only one or two players away from having a team that could go 7-10 years at the top. I mean, this is quite possible (ages indicate the age of player at the start of the 2022/23 season):

Mendy (30)

Bench: Kepa (28), Azpi (33), Tomori (24), Kovacic (27) Gilmour (21), CHO (22), Abraham (24)

That is also before you get to other players like Amapdu (22) (Been playing well for Sheff Utd) and Gallagher (22).

Only concern looking at that would be CB (they need someone to replace Chrsitensen in the starting line-up), Kante at 31 (I think they will get Rice who would be 24 at the start of 2022/23) and maybe a CF as I am unsure Werner can play there in a 433 and I am still not entirely sold on Abraham (although I think he will end up a good squad option for them.)

If they sort out a good young CB, Rice and possibly a CF they could be a monster of a team in 2 years time.
You could pretty much say the same about us. Infact I'm pretty sure we have a younger squad. They've won nothing yet and finished behind us in the league last season

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
You could pretty much say the same about us. Infact I'm pretty sure we have a younger squad. They've won nothing yet and finished behind us in the league last season
Yeah, you can do the same for most squads. I think our squad has a lot of good youngsters as well, our first choice defence could have an average age of just over 23 next season for instance.

neilv93

Mendy (30)

I think you're right. Their squad-building planning and preparation is looking very good on paper.

I also agree with you about the CB - although I guess they'll be hoping Tomori continues to develop but personally I think he'll be a good mid-table PL defender from what I've seen, not a title/CL-contending international calibre. Their midfield and frontline depth is strong and in James and now Chilwell, that should be the wing-backs sorted for the next 5-8 years at least. So their a few good defenders and a long-term Kante replacement away from challenging Liverpool and City IMO.

Fussball13251

I told you he would be a great buy. A player that I wanted to see at United.

It don't matter what league they played in.. a good player is a good player,

Willian better? Don't be fkin silly. Chelsea now average 3 goals per game... because of Ziyech.

Last edited:

passing-wind

All the noise an hype was around Werner, Havertz etc I said during his confirmation that he would influence the team more than the other signings at first. He's a quality player perfect for the league.

Fussball13251

I can't believe this clown is saying Willain is better. Ziyech is the one opening the teams up. They are now averaging 3/4 goals per game.

Man Chelsea have a really good team. With injuries to a minimum they could easily win the league. The goals for will be up there with Pool & City.

They also have a world class goalie in his prime.

/status/1325190800771219458 But they need to keep him fit. Click player. His long ball passing & crossing is world class. He might have the highest assist by the end of the season. Beckham~like crosses.

Why I wanted him at Untied /watch?v=FSkjwdL2zYI His crossing is consistently good. If the opposition gives away free kicks... they are basically fked. Concede a freekack or corner... you''re fked. It's like having Beckham take them.

Last edited:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I can't believe this clown is saying Willain is better. Ziyech is the one opening the teams up. They are now averaging 3/4 goals per game.
It was really weird behavior by the AFTV lot over the summer, they literally were acting like they pinched prime Hazard of us.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Him one side and Pulisic the other is going to be hugely exciting for Chelsea fans. I get the love for Mount but these two are next level.

After mediocre start slowly coming together for Chelsea now at both ends.

Pav1878

Was saying since he was at Ajax we.should go for this guy!! So fecking annoying to see him doing well at a rival club!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

I'm pleased to see all the new signings settling in well, contributing in many different ways. I had thought, having brought in so players at once, that one or two were bound to have an underwhelming impact, but so far each one has been really - Havertz is probably the only one you could argue but he's gotten better with each game.

Ziyech is one of those edge of your seat players. Wonderful to watch.

neilv93

I'm pleased to see all the new signings settling in well, contributing in many different ways. I had thought, having brought in so players at once, that one or two were bound to have an underwhelming impact, but so far each one has been really - Havertz is probably the only one you could argue but he's gotten better with each game.

Ziyech is one of those edge of your seat players. Wonderful to watch.
Coming together nicely for your lads. My issue with Lampard has always been his inability to set teams up defensively (particularly set pieces) but, to his credit, he's fixing that - although massively aided by one of the best CBs of his era, Thiago Silva, and an actual functioning goalkeeper.

Havertz seemed a bit square-peg-round-hole in the wing but now Pulisic is (was) coming back to fitness, hopefully he'll continue centrally where he's best suited. Werner scoring too, Ziyech doing the business... worrying from a Utd perspective.