Hakim Ziyech

Dolf

I just can't take players from that league seriously anymore and that's why I'm not that bothered with us missing on De Ligt or that other Ajax youngster. it's basically U-23 league these days and every "star" player is worth at least 60 mill. at current prices. Huntelaar at 35 is still scoring for fun there as well as de Jong and no one would want them here. eredivisie's last season top scorer is still without a goal in his new club and it's the end of december. in other words - no thanks.
I can only laugh at this post :lol:
I’m glad you’re not our scout

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Not a PL type imho. PL is too frenetic and chaotic and the refs allow for a kind of physicality that is just not allowed elsewhere. He'd struggle to cope imho, and from there he might not even be given the chance to adjust

Think Spain or Germany would be the ideal destinations. Italy...tricky

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
Not a PL type imho. PL is too frenetic and chaotic and the refs allow for a kind of physicality that is just not allowed elsewhere. He'd struggle to cope imho, and from there he might not even be given the chance to adjust

Think Spain or Germany would be the ideal destinations. Italy...tricky
imo chaos and quick pace up and down intense football is exactly where he thrives. think some of our EL 2017 games like Lyon at home. also what could make him so valuable for a PL side is that he can ping long balls like Pirlo, but just as easily show a burst of pace carrying the ball down the line. really a quality player for quick turnovers, so could see him doing well at Klopp's liverpool, for example.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Two goals in two games against Madrid, scored the very important 0-1 tonight. He was very good against Bayern as well, played some lovely passes in those matches and ran like a maniac. Also missed a 100% goal near the end of the game tonight and had some incredibly silly attempts from long range, which sums him up pretty well.

Was one of the best players in the Eredivise for sure at FC Twente, just like Tadić before him by the way. Now again one of the best players in the league for Ajax, ridiculously creative at times, has put in good stats for Morocco despite a disappoing World Cup. 25 years old, will be very interesting to see where he will end up in the future.

Henrik Larsson

I am still shocked that he is still playing in Holland.
Well according to himself he wasn't that keen to move considering the fantastic team he plays in at Ajax currently. And just like with Tadić what you see that if you play truly magnificent at a club like FC Twente (or AZ Alkmaar) most bigger European clubs usually don't want to take the gamble. But you're right, it's weird to see such a wonderfully talented player like him go under the radar.

He was open for a move to Roma last summer but they dithered a bit, from the interviews I get the impression he thought that was very disrespectful of them. If Fekir ever moves then a club like Lyon would be a very good next step for him too. But if you see lil Shaq at Liverpool, I'd say Ziyech could easily do what he does for them if not more...

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Well according to himself he wasn't that keen to move considering the fantastic team he plays in at Ajax currently. And just like with Tadić what you see that if you play truly magnificent at a club like FC Twente (or AZ Alkmaar) most bigger European clubs don't want to take the gamble. But you're right, it's weird to see such a wonderfully talented player like him go under the radar.

He was open for a move to Roma last summer but they dithered a bit, from the interviews I get the impression he thought that was respectless of them. If Fekir ever moves then a club like Lyon would be a very good next step for him too. But if you see lil Shaq at Liverpool, I'd say Ziyech could easily do what he does if not more...
If I remember correctly Roma lost interest once they were able to sign Pastore.

Johan07

Egoistical player. Not physical enough for the PL. That said he had a great game today. As did Dusan Tadic.

Henrik Larsson

Egoistical player. Not physical enough for the PL. That said he had a great game today. As did Dusan Tadic.
He looked a bit caught up in the moment just hoping to score another one and he loves to put his mark on the game in general. At the same time he had the most assists in the league for the last two seasons and this season he's in the top 3 again, he's such an enigmatic player at times.

If I remember correctly Roma lost interest once they were able to sign Pastore.
Yep, Monchi said he loved Ziyech but didn't need him at the moment I think.

Nr.7

Can’t remember the last time I saw someone try so many (stupid) shots on goal.

Doesn’t matter the distance, angle or the fact that there’s better options.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Reminds me of Di Maria so much.

He's fantastic and infuriating to watch all at the same time. If he cut out the needless long shots he'd be even higher rated.

There was a chance in the 2nd half he had a time mate wide open and spooned a shot miles wide.

Gordon S

He's quality, and just reached his prime, would be surprised if he didn't move to a better league in the summer.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Not strong enough mentally for the top. Lots of ability though.
Considering his performances against Bayern and Real Madrid this year, I’m surprised to hear that.

Ziyech appears to be the obvious choice for a club like Man Utd. He has been one of the best players in Eredivise for years, and he has matured and become better and better every year.

We are linked to Lozano and Bergwijn quite a lot, but Ziyech appears to be a level above both of them. Furthermore, he is proving himself at the highest level against the best teams.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Considering his performances against Bayern and Real Madrid this year, I’m surprised to hear that.

Ziyech appears to be the obvious choice for a club like Man Utd. He has been one of the best players in Eredivise for years, and he has matured and become better and better every year.

We are linked to Lozano and Bergwijn quite a lot, but Ziyech appears to be a level above both of them. Furthermore, he is proving himself at the highest level against the best teams.
Yeah as I said he has great ability, but as soon as there's criticism he retreats into a sulky shell and turns shite. He's prone to hving fits when subbed etc.

A ility wise he could play anywhere, but I dont think he will be an absolute star. I might be wrong though.

And Im gutted he doesnt play for Holland, which is actually a good example of his mentality. He was selected for us, but got injured. Then our next coach ignored him for 2 matches, he was insulted and opted for Morocco instead.

Gfooty

gutted he doesnt play for Holland, which is actually a good example of his mentality. He was selected for us, but got injured. Then our next coach ignored him for 2 matches, he was insulted and opted for Morocco instead.
In all fairness, that goes for pretty much for all dual nationality North African/Dutch players. A lot of tension on picking your side and the KNVB certainly has its flaws here.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
In all fairness, that goes for pretty much for all dual nationality North African/Dutch players. A lot of tension on picking your side and the KNVB certainly has its flaws here.
Sure, but in his case he chose Holland, but felt his honour was insulted when he wasn't selected. That's his problem, he feels personally insulted rather quickly.

RooneyLegend

His ball striking technique is some of the best in the world and he's technically more than good enough for the next level. His problem is his decision making which is hit and miss.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Don't have much of an opinion on whether he'd be a good signing but It's absolutely hilarious how people question the league he plays in or his performances while jerking off De Jong/De Ligt even though they play on the same team and are arguably vastly inferior players to him.

Welbeckham

Don't have much of an opinion on whether he'd be a good signing but It's absolutely hilarious how people question the league he plays in or his performances while jerking off De Jong/De Ligt even though they play on the same team and are arguably vastly inferior players to him.
De Ligt is 19. Ziyech is 26. And anybody who thinks De Ligt is vastly inferior to Ziyech is an idiot.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

De Ligt is 19. Ziyech is 26. And anybody who thinks De Ligt is vastly inferior to Ziyech is an idiot.
Or realistic. Ajax's defending record given the state of their league (12th best in the world) and how bad 90% of the teams they play against are, is nothing exceptional.

Gfooty

Or realistic. Ajax's defending record given the state of their league (12th best in the world) and how bad 90% of the teams they play against are, is nothing exceptional.
I watch every minute of every Ajax game and have done so for quite some time and I can tell you this:

I have zero doubts about Ziyech's capabilities. With his skill set he could easily play for teams like Sevilla, Dortmund, Arsenal and probably be the show stealer in a lot of games. However, as someone above stated, it's his mentality which gets in the way. If things go south (team on losing streak, subbed, not playing fav position), he'll bring the team more harm than good.

De Ligt on the other hand is lightyears ahead in terms of maturity, consistency and leadership. And he's 7 years younger. Sure Ziyech has the better shot/ball control etc but that's hardly your main priorities as defender.

Reactions: Penna

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
Would anybody (in a hypothetical) world want to see Ziyech in an AM position at United? I live in The Netherlands, and ziyech is a great talent (albeit 26). He has the skill of reading the game and to distribute the ball with ease. However, the physical aspect could be a challenge and the step from the dutch league to the premier league is quite a big ask as well.

Strats

I’d replace Lingard with him as a squad option for a decent price. But that’s it, as others stated he can be very frustrating to watch.

Don’t think he’d be worth the price Ajax would ask for him, since value would likely go up considering their success in the Champions League.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Ziyech wouldn't fit this Manchester United. He needs to be in a team that presses forward rather than one that just sits back leaning on the counterattack. As someone else said some time ago; Klopp's Liverpool would be a much better fit for him (yes, I know in some way Liverpool is also a counterattacking side, but in a much different way).

Besides this, I'm eager to find out where he'll go and how he'll do. He's one of these guys who can be a great success, but he could flop as well. Before this season I thought he would maybe be a good fit for a club like Sevilla, but not a bigger club. However after what he's shown in CL this season I'm not sure he can't do it at a higher stage. He delivers against any opponent. Bayern, Real, Juve, he can cope. However he definitely is the type of player that needs to be with the club that fits him, a manager that trusts his abilities and plays a system that suits his abilities. He will never flourish in a Mourinho team for instance. Some players can do it in any system or tactic (De Ligt for instance), but Ziyech's success will depend on many factors. However he's shown this season that he can cope at any level.