Hakim Ziyech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Got an engine on him. Makes Dohlberg look like a 2nd half Lukaku.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It's one of those "it's not official yet but it's definitely happening" type transfers yeah. Similar to City with Mahrez last year, everyone knew about 2 months before it happened.
Ahh dang, good singing for them, he'll be excellent

GledTheRed

Top player this lad, great quality on the ball and poise. Grafted well too with Rose, will be good singing for someone.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Quite impressive he lasted this long without eating all day. Shame he just missed those two chances, which both would've send them to the final.

izec

Missed some good chances in the second half. A bit unlucky once or twice, but if he scores, game is done.

Welbeckham

Should’ve scored more goals from all those chances, simple as that.

Hoof the ball

Apparently he was fasting for first part of game. You simply can't have a player who will play your clubs biggest ever game, without preparing for it correctly.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9032801/ajax-spurs-fasting-ramadan-ziyech-mazraoui-food-gel/
Started the half on an empty stomach and then had a pre-workout energy gel 22 minutes into the game?

Feck me. Eating any kind of food either directly before or during a game is bad news. It causes blood to pool in the digestive system to be used for digestive purposes and reduces blood flow in areas where muscles are used.

I know why those boys have to fast, but there's just biological disadvantages you just can't get around.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Started the half on an empty stomach and then had a pre-workout energy gel 22 minutes into the game?

Feck me. Eating any kind of food either directly before or during a game is bad news. It causes blood to pool in the digestive system to be used for digestive purposes and reduces blood flow in areas where muscles are used.

I know why those boys have to fast, but there's just biological disadvantages you just can't get around.
The impact of a small energy gel would be minimal, it would no way cause what you have described.

I guess people just want a moan about something they don't like.

Sterling Archer

Aren't those gels designed for rapid glucose uptake into the cells? Runners use them all the time for long distance. And I had great effects with them training for a half marathon. Id actually start an early morning run on an empty stomach and have a gu pack midway if I was feeling a bit sluggish

marktan

They don't even need to fast, there's a whole host of exemptions you can get to not fast. See Salah in the CL final last year, he wasn't fasting.

Sterling Archer

They don't even need to fast, there's a whole host of exemptions you can get to not fast. See Salah in the CL final last year, he wasn't fasting.
I wonder if he felt superstitious about it afterwards... Using an exemption and then the rather unusual injury in the final

Armchair Manager

Supports
Northampton
Will end up at Liverpool I reckon.
He is klopp player through and through. Has all the textbook characteristics of klopp player. Hardworking, fearless, energetic young player with lots of potential. Also liverpool needs a CAM and Ziyech can play the position so i wont be surprised to see him at liverpool next season.

Champagne Football

Had an excellent game regardless. Guess he knows what hes doing right?
I'm all for still signing him if he was available. I probably could have worded my post better. But with Ramadan you't think it's probably best if your player is fasting to bring in a different player for that game and just bring the fasting player on for last 10 mins.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I'm all for still signing him if he was available. I probably could have worded my post better. But with Ramadan you't think it's probably best if your player is fasting to bring in a different player for that game and just bring the fasting player on for last 10 mins.
Well clearly what would have been a stupid decision as he was probably the best player on the pitch.

As a Muslim I can tell you that when fasting it is not necessarily impossible to play well. It’s not ideal of course but if you’re already relatively fit and you’re not someone who suffers from any conditions if you were to skip meals etc then you will still be able to perform at a good level.

That discussion aside I really like the look of this kid, had a touch of Robben about him the way he drove at the Spurs defence and Mahrez is another good comparison. He would be a good shout for our right hand side but problem with failing to get CL is we are going to struggle to attract all theses talents.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
The impact of a small energy gel would be minimal, it would no way cause what you have described.

I guess people just want a moan about something they don't like.
Come on, that's not fair on them. They're just speaking about a well discussed topic in professional sport. Tiote died during Ramadan a few years back - not necessarily directly from fasting but it could have been a contributing factor.

It's an important part of their religion and no one at their club could ever expect them to compromise - but you can't really argue it's not detrimental to their fitness and health when playing at the very top level of professional football. When fasting they're not eating or drinking a single thing from when they wake up until sundown.

--

Anyway, on topic - Ziyech is a brilliant little player. He was class for Morocco in the World Cup too. Would certainly be an upgrade on Lingard, Sanchez, Mata etc. Desperately need someone for the right hand side.

Status
Not open for further replies.