Hakim Ziyech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champagne Football

Well clearly what would have been a stupid decision as he was probably the best player on the pitch.

As a Muslim I can tell you that when fasting it is not necessarily impossible to play well. It’s not ideal of course but if you’re already relatively fit and you’re not someone who suffers from any conditions if you were to skip meals etc then you will still be able to perform at a good level.

That discussion aside I really like the look of this kid, had a touch of Robben about him the way he drove at the Spurs defence and Mahrez is another good comparison. He would be a good shout for our right hand side but problem with failing to get CL is we are going to struggle to attract all theses talents.
I've done juice fasting a few times. You get tons of energy while fasting but it's a spacey type of energy. Not the type of floaty energy you'd want to have going into a war.

But look I think Ramadan is brilliant. I think it enriches a person's health and soul. I understand the importance of the group energy, where all participants do it during the same period.

But If I personally was a coach, then I'd seriously have to consider starting Lingard ahead of say Pogba, who is Muslim, if he was fasting.

Last edited:

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Fasting didn't seem to have an impact on him yesterday which was quite impressive to see, if anything he looked more in the zone than usual in the first half and he also didn't struggle for energy.

Part of this might be because Ramadan only started on Sunday and he could already eat quite soon after their cup final which ended around eight o'clock on Sunday night so he got optimal recovery from that match regardless. I did read that some Moroccan players felt last year's Ramadan might've had an impact on their World Cup, because they were following a lighter training schedule and it was especially hard for players who weren't match fit yet during the preparation to push themselves into World Cup shape in those weeks.

Ziyech obviously has pretty much been one of the best if not the best Eredivisie player since his FC Twente days. Very happy for him that he scored twice against Madrid and last night against Spurs, showing he has no problems with the big stage. Also scored a lovely goal against Juve which was marginally offside, plenty of nice passing and assists as well.

On an off day he's the type who can be frustrating to watch, but when he's on form he's one hell of a player. Weirdly enough he's actually been more of a player who is inconsistent and erratic throughout individual matches, more than being great the one match and invisible in the other, though that happens sometimes too.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
Get him on 200k a week and he is no longer arsed to run like that anymore.

Regardless, he was impressive for Ajax. I feel he would suit Spurs if Eriksen leaves. I don’t feel like he would suit a counter attacking team like United, but who knows.
really? For me he's far more suited to a counter team. has a brilliant long ball on the turn but can also go passed an opponent on a first touch and carry the ball over the midfield. if anything his possession loss isn't ideal for teams who want to dominate, but is perfect for opportunistic teams who want to break very quickly at every slight opportunity.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
really? For me he's far more suited to a counter team. has a brilliant long ball on the turn but can also go passed an opponent on a first touch and carry the ball over the midfield. if anything his possession loss isn't ideal for teams who want to dominate, but is perfect for opportunistic teams who want to break very quickly at every slight opportunity.
Ah, I just noticed some very good interplay, quick thinking and movement from him, when Ajax were in control, but when Spurs was on top, he wasn’t as effective. I just recalled that one chance he had from the break that hit the post. Other than that, He didn’t attack the space as effectively as I taught he would. Maybe it had to do more with Spurs defending well.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
Ah, I just noticed some very good interplay, quick thinking and movement from him, when Ajax were in control, but when Spurs was on top, he wasn’t as effective. I just recalled that one chance he had from the break that hit the post. Other than that, He didn’t attack the space as effectively as I taught he would. Maybe it had to do more with Spurs defending well.
him not really attacking space very effectively might be because he isn't really an attacker at all but a midfielder. usually Neres is our outlet on the break but he dropped out last minute and Ziyech just doesn't have that off-the ball forward runs in him.

again, he's a midfielder with an unreal long pass most of all imo

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
him not really attacking space very effectively might be because he isn't really an attacker at all but a midfielder. usually Neres is our outlet on the break but he dropped out last minute and Ziyech just doesn't have that off-the ball forward runs in him.

again, he's a midfielder with an unreal long pass most of all imo

Ahh, I see. From that video, he does have an excellent passing range. Didn’t show it that much against Spurs. That video also showed that he may be suited more to a rcm/ram role than a rw/rm position. So at United, he wouldn’t be effective as an rw I assume. He is more suited to the Eriksen role at Spurs.

Loublaze

ATLien
Well clearly what would have been a stupid decision as he was probably the best player on the pitch.

As a Muslim I can tell you that when fasting it is not necessarily impossible to play well. It’s not ideal of course but if you’re already relatively fit and you’re not someone who suffers from any conditions if you were to skip meals etc then you will still be able to perform at a good level.

That discussion aside I really like the look of this kid, had a touch of Robben about him the way he drove at the Spurs defence and Mahrez is another good comparison. He would be a good shout for our right hand side but problem with failing to get CL is we are going to struggle to attract all theses talents.
He's 26. He looks a talent but im not sure he's built for the PL

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
put in a hell of a performance again, especially again in terms of workrate, after going 1-0 down very early in a massively important game. a couple highlights from dutch tv:

Last edited:

SER19

put in a hell of a performance again, especially again in terms of workrate, after going 1-0 down very early in a massively important game. a couple highlights from dutch tv:

edit: that's annoying. it cut the upload in half
Anybody watching this guy and still saying it’s simply down to players not being good enough needs a reality check. Obviously lots of our players aren’t good enough, but looking at this work rate and thinking of what we’ve seen all season is genuinely painfully laughable :lol: lazy frauds.

@Ajaxsuarez think he can make it in PL?

Champagne Football

I wonder why Bayern supposedly dropped interest? Maybe they have an agreement already with Pepe?

We should be willing to send Ajax or Lille Anthony Martial in a gift wrapped box as a thank you, if we can land either of those forwards.

Kaglish10

He could be our own Bernardo Silva and de Bruyne source of creativity. He can play in the midfield and on the wing, just like the former. His workrate looks good too. If Pogba leaves, we would need him to replace him.

Liverpool's midfield is also crying out for a player like him. I hope they don't even go near him while I'm also hoping he would replace Pogba for us. He's quite nimble and fluid than Pogba.

Sterling Archer

Anybody watching this guy and still saying it’s simply down to players not being good enough needs a reality check. Obviously lots of our players aren’t good enough, but looking at this work rate and thinking of what we’ve seen all season is genuinely painfully laughable :lol: lazy frauds.

Was just thinking that... It's not fitness. It's mental. Wanting to win . Could use half of what's in this kids heart

Dolf

Very true. The entire Ajax team is so fit it's unreal. I'd rather go for Van de Beek though.

Kaglish10

Very true. The entire Ajax team is so fit it's unreal. I'd rather go for Van de Beek though.
I would love us to go for both players, especially if Pogba leaves for Madrid. Van de Beek is better deployed in the midfield and while Ziyech can play in the midfield, he's more attack minded. I fancy him more than Bruno Fernandes for example.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
So many right wing options. Some how I think we'll end up with none of them.

Loublaze

ATLien
He could be our own Bernardo Silva and de Bruyne source of creativity. He can play in the midfield and on the wing, just like the former. His workrate looks good too. If Pogba leaves, we would need him to replace him.

Liverpool's midfield is also crying out for a player like him. I hope they don't even go near him while I'm also hoping he would replace Pogba for us. He's quite nimble and fluid than Pogba.
He's merely flavor of the week (not even month) for one performance. How come no one noticed him before? He's also 26. Not old but he's done nothing of note. The Dutch league or something similar might be his level like Tadic

Kaglish10

He's merely flavor of the week (not even month) for one performance. How come no one noticed him before? He's also 26. Not old but he's done nothing of note. The Dutch league or something similar might be his level like Tadic
He was good against Madrid too. He's been noticed. The problem is he can be frustrating when he's forcing play with his unnecessary dribbling, forced passes and taking too many shots, especially if his team doesn't seem to have an idea or things are not going well for his team. But with the recent better players around him, he's become much more better. Same happened to Bernardo Silva who would rather become anonymous whenever things wasn't going in his way but once he had better talents such as Mbappe, Lemar, Fabinho in his team, he became better and much more at City.

Also, the fact that Ajax haven't done well in the CL haven't given Ziyech a platform to showcase his talent to the world but he's always been known as a dangerous player. In fact, Mourinho put Herrera on him in our match against Ajax in the Europa final.

I won't mind him here if Pogba leaves. He's got terrific vision on him and his workrate looks good. In fact, I would love to have him alongside Van de Beek in our central midfield. Both of them are defensively solid, have got stamina/intensity to their play and are much more mobile than the players we have right now.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
Ajax have confirmed he's likely to leave this summer.
Ziyech has a 25 million release clause.
quoting a rubbish mirror article. yeah they've said that if the perfect club comes, he'll go, and that they expect the perfect club to come considering the season he's had.

the £25m is pure bs though. firstly he doesn't have a release clause. Secondly, though there are rumours that they have an agreement that they'll be open to a move at a generous price, that rumoured price has always been €35m, which British press have bizarrely translated at an exchange rate not seen since like 2015

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
quoting a rubbish mirror article. yeah they've said that if the perfect club comes, he'll go, and that they expect the perfect club to come considering the season he's had.

the £25m is pure bs though. firstly he doesn't have a release clause. Secondly, though there are rumours that they have an agreement that they'll be open to a move at a generous price, that rumoured price has always been €35m, which British press have bizarrely translated at an exchange rate not seen since like 2015
Are the rumours about him and Bayern true?

Enigma_87

You know who

Still great value. We've been linked with Championship player for 15m pounds.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If the release clause is true then we'd be bonkers not to try and get him. I'd have him on our right wing any day.

He fits perfectly for what Ole is trying to achieve also.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Just the sort of player we desperately need to upgrade on Mata and Lingard then. Might not give us the width we need but a pressing inside forward would also be a terrific addition.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If he's both great on the ball and a terrific pressing forward, and available for a good price, sounds like a player we'd regret missing out on, if we don't go for him.

Question I suppose is how good is in possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.