Hakim Ziyech

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Really enjoyed watching him last season, amazed he dosen't seem to be linked with anyone. Does he love it at Ajax that much?

abdo99

Ziyech is obviously a top talent and it amazes everyone that he has not been snapped up yet. He has proved he hasn't been playing 'above his level' at Ajax and would absolutely be a good buy to whichever club went for him.

My view is that Sancho is our #1 target and we will be in for him in the summer. Ziyech would be the best alternative to Sancho if he decides to go elsewhere.

What I'm worried about is if we miss out on both due to waiting on target #1.

I personally think Ziyech could be better for our system at this time due to his defensive capabilities and the fact he doesn't stop running. Sancho is alot younger and could give 10 years service as opposed to 4-6 years from Ziyech.

If we get one of them I will be happy!
Get them both

Sancho Ziyech Rashford
Martial

jackal&hyde

Ziyech is obviously a top talent and it amazes everyone that he has not been snapped up yet. He has proved he hasn't been playing 'above his level' at Ajax and would absolutely be a good buy to whichever club went for him.

My view is that Sancho is our #1 target and we will be in for him in the summer. Ziyech would be the best alternative to Sancho if he decides to go elsewhere.

What I'm worried about is if we miss out on both due to waiting on target #1.

I personally think Ziyech could be better for our system at this time due to his defensive capabilities and the fact he doesn't stop running. Sancho is alot younger and could give 10 years service as opposed to 4-6 years from Ziyech.

If we get one of them I will be happy!
That's what i think too. I hope we have some sort of agreement in place by now if we are so fixated on him. The Athletic say we are working on a number of deals and Sancho could be one of them for the summer.

Suvvernmanc

Get them both

Sancho Ziyech Rashford
Martial
That would be incredible. If we get Bruno in we obviously wouldn't need both him and Ziyech. If Pogba stays beyond the summer then that's a good amount of creativity in the side. If he goes then I'd say Defensive CM to replace him would suit us best. Fred, Mctominay, Bruno and Pogba is a good number of CM options for this season going into next year.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He has put up some serious numbers for a few years now. His highlight reel looks astonishing too. He does fit the profile in terms of what we love to see in our club, flair, technique, spectacular things. I'm not sure about his consistency or general play, haven't followed him. If he does lose the ball a lot or struggle to get involved in games at that level he might not work out for us right now, but if he has no apparent weaknesses to his game then his highlight reel and numbers tell me this guy can be a Suarez type of transfer, a very successful one. If Mahrez can make it in this league then this guy should be able to do it as well.

We could probably get him for 40-50M no questions asked. Might we worth the gamble.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Ziyech plays like a tennis player who goes 100% full on his service, which means a lot of aces but also many double faults. With Hakim there is no middle of the road, its all or nothing.
At Ajax, the supporters in the beginning had difficulties with accepting this, and was the emphasis more on the fumbles and wrong passes. But after some time the fans started to see that the absolute brilliance and genius he displayed was worth the annoyance. So any team which plays with Ziyech has to accept this. If you try to kill Hakim's demons, his angels will die as well.
Ziyech is extremely sensitive and he doesn't compromise. He only wants to leave Ajax for a top club. (and in spite of recent results Man Utd is still considered to be a top club in Holland).
Personally I think his best position is at central midfield as 10, but because of his risky play a lot of managers play him from the right side of the field

Last summer he was to grab for around 30 million but Ajax gave him a new contract and an unprecedented salary for dutch standards (100k a week).
So interested clubs now have pay around 70/80 million. But we in Amsterdam would't mind, if nobody dares to take the risk with him. He can get a lifetime contract with us.
And you can safely trust the judgement from Ajax fans, when we unanimous consider a player to be world class, than he is so. (We've seen/produced enough to know if a player is the real deal).
Make sense. Sounds a bit like Pogba, and Nani. Some players might just not be cut out for moving around to clubs like Man Utd etc. but if you keep them in their comfort zone they'll perform to world class levels. He has creativity in abundance, if we do sell Pogba he'd be sort of a like for like replacement to our attack at worst. We'll probably not sign him based on reports like this, but I think it would be cool to have a real game changer from the right that can create all sorts of things out of nothing. Also less risk with him being an attacker rather than a midfielder. Wan Bissaka would take care of the defensive aspects down that side. Meh, wont happen.