Hakim Ziyech

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He is that kind of player. It's a bit exaggerated, but he will try to beat some opponents 10 times, lose the ball 9 times, all for the one successful move. This works in the Ajax team (although he still makes wrong decisions at times the team is under pressure and needs to keep the ball), because the team makes this creative role possible for him and when he makes a move other players already press in case he loses the ball. I don't think United is that team at the moment, and it could explain why he favoured Arsenal. Not sure if the PL is his kind of league, he might physically get run over.
Sounds like he suits a team that excels in playmaking like Ajax much more than us.

RepardReece

25m release clause for such a good player, we should try and get him, would be the first player we get for a reasonable price since feck knows when.
Totally agree, forget Sancho he'd cost us way too much when we can get Ziyech for a bargain. Definitely strengthen our right wing. I'd love to at least try him for that price.

Beaucoup

He's such a good player that at the age of 26 he's only had a thread on the Cafe since yesterday.

Nick.

For £25m I feel he would be a sensible acquisition. In fact I don't see how you can consider Nicolas Pepe for £80m. The reddit ITK everybody was talking about the other day said the Sancho deal is dead, and that he staying at Dortmund another year. This just seems like the most sensible option on the market.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
there is no 25m release clause. there isn't any release clause in fact

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
Wow really? I'm sure that wasn't being reported for a while
yeah it's just british press nonsense. What was rumoured is that Ajax and Ziyech have an understanding that they won't play hardball in a move, but that'a definitely not at a 25m price point. rumours last summer were €35m, and I imagine that's a little higher after this season.

For clarity:
Hakim Ziyech heeft geen gelimiteerde afkoopsom in zijn Ajax-contract staan. Algemeen directeur Edwin van der Sar zegt d\at de club niet met vaste afkoopsommen werkt. Bij sommige andere clubs is d\at wel het geval.

"Nee, daar werken we bij Ajax niet mee", vertelt Van der Sar bij Inside Ajax. "We proberen het in het contract goed te regelen voor spelers. D\at er een goede beloning is die past bij de status en positie die ze hebben in het elftal, maar we werken niet met vaste afkoopsommen."
English translation:
Hakim Ziyech does not have a release clause in his Ajax contract. General director Edwin van der Sar says that that the club does not work with fixed release clauses. ...

"No, at Ajax we don't work with those." Van der sar says at inside Ajax. "We try to arrange things nicely in the players' contracts. That there is a good reward that fits with the status and position that they hold in the squad, but we don't work with fixed release clauses."
https://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/nieuw...oopsom-daar-werken-we-bij-ajax-niet-mee-.html

John Blund

We should inquire on Ziyech replacement, Odegaard. He's allegedly no longer wanted in RM, and he's showing signs of his talent evolving. He's 20 years now, and after a slow start with like 1 assist the first 10 games, he's had 10 goals and 10 assist the last part of the season. His style reminds me of David Silva.

Seth.R

Love Ziyech, reminds me a bit of Mahrez (still gutted we didn’t go for him).

He’s a RW, he’s cheap, and he’s available. Shown he can tear it up in the big games. We need a RW.

Make it happen!!

NoPace

We should inquire on Ziyech replacement, Odegaard. He's allegedly no longer wanted in RM, and he's showing signs of his talent evolving. He's 20 years now, and after a slow start with like 1 assist the first 10 games, he's had 10 goals and 10 assist the last part of the season. His style reminds me of David Silva.
I'm encouraged by the Fluminense striker rumours that we're finally going to start signing some exciting, technically skilled players in their early 20s, Odegaard would be a fun one. Mata's salary alone next year would probably cover what, half of Odegaard's fee

hungrywing

Made me think why would they let him go after a stretch of performances like that.

foolsgold

Made me think why would they let him go after a stretch of performances like that.
Clubs like Ajax need to sell when big clubs come looking for players, it's part of the implicit contract they make when they sign them.

It's the same business model that Celtic have, buy cheap, sell expensive.

If they get a reputation being difficult when it's time to move on, it'll hamper their ability to recruit young talent in the first place.

hungrywing

Clubs like Ajax need to sell when big clubs come looking for players, it's part of the implicit contract they make when they sign them.

It's the same business model that Celtic have, buy cheap, sell expensive.

If they get a reputation being difficult when it's time to move on, it'll hamper their ability to recruit young talent in the first place.
He was talking about Odegaard. I thought Odegaard had gotten 10 goals 10 assists in six months for RM when it was at Vitesse.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I would pay top dollar for this guy. We didn't go after Mahrez, but we've got another shot at an exciting winger. Absolutely fed up with seeing Mata, Lingard or Rashford stinking up the place. Up to 70 mil. should we pay, IMO.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
I would pay top dollar for this guy. We didn't go after Mahrez, but we've got another shot at an exciting winger. Absolutely fed up with seeing Mata, Lingard or Rashford stinking up the place. Up to 70 mil. should we pay, IMO.
100% this

Lexxxzi

Odegaard had an xA of 0.4 before the Groningen match yesterday (in which he scored and had two assists). You can find this stat on the same page you referred to, I just can't embed media yet.

So that's a better achievement, when playing for Vitesse, than what Ziyech has done for Ajax. Odegaard is a better player than Ziyech overall. Actually, Odegaard is the best player in Eredivisie.

Sjaakmeoff

Odegaard had an xA of 0.4 before the Groningen match yesterday (in which he scored and had two assists). You can find this stat on the same page you referred to, I just can't embed media yet.

So that's a better achievement, when playing for Vitesse, than what Ziyech has done for Ajax. Odegaard is a better player than Ziyech overall. Actually, Odegaard is the best player in Eredivisie.

hahaha...no.

The guys has loads of potential. But no. He's not the best in the Eredivisie. And no. He's not better than Ziyech.
Odegaard is really good, but very inconsistent. If he can play 30 games like the game against Groningen in stead of the 5-10 he does now, then we'll talk again.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
He's such a good player that at the age of 26 he's only had a thread on the Cafe since yesterday.
He literally has like five threads on here, oldest is almost four years old.

And he really is a good player, a bit frustrating at times because everything he does tends to be high risk. Maybe a guy like Odegaard can reach the same level in terms of productivity, he’s an interesting player and clearly exceptional on the ball.

But the most impressive thing about Ziyech is his workrate off the ball, he’s made an incredible development in that aspect since joining Ajax under Peter Bosz and it was a vital part of his game in their recent succesful European campaigns, both this year and in 2017. He was phenomenal in his last year at FC Twente as well, but much more of a solo artist.

Odegaard doesn’t have the engine yet to play high intensity pressing for 90 minutes at a high European level, wouldn’t be surprised if he never gets there either and always remains a bit of a luxury player. But he’s got plenty of time to develop that part of his game.

AgentP

Now that we know he doesn't have a release clause, who would be a better option for us on the RW? Ziyech or Pepe? Both would cost around 50-60m I'm guessing.

izec

I am impressed by him. Initially, i was a bit skeptical, but the guy has a tremendous overview on the pitch. The passes he plays at times are ridiculous. It may not work every time, but he isnt tired of trying. Plus he is running all game long. Whoever buys him may have a good deal on their hands.

beingshe7don

Now that we know he doesn't have a release clause, who would be a better option for us on the RW? Ziyech or Pepe? Both would cost around 50-60m I'm guessing.
Ziyech may have the experience in Europe but I feel that Pepe would fit our system a lot better than Ziyech. Ziyech looks more like a City player to me.

Fer

Ziyech may have the experience in Europe but I feel that Pepe would fit our system a lot better than Ziyech. Ziyech looks more like a City player to me.
Ziyech behind Rashford and Pepe would be an interesting option.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
You'd have thought Bayern would be likely to sign him seen as they're losing Robben and Ribery.

beingshe7don

Ziyech behind Rashford and Pepe would be an interesting option.
Rashford is extremely inconsistent and over-rated in my opinion. I would rate him at Alan Smith's level (the guy from Leeds).

edbe

Supports
Ajax
That's very cheap for a player of his class. We should be all over it.
Except United has two problems:

1) United doesn't play the football Ziyech likes and is accustomed to (parking the bus and all)
2) United is no longer part of the group of European superpowers

Last edited:

NoPace

Except United has two problems:

1) United doesn't play the football Ziyech likes and is accustomed to (parking the bus and all)
2) United is no longer part of the group of European superpowers
We don't play any kind of football yet and United are a massive club for a player of Ziyech's stature. He isn't Hazard.