Hakim Ziyech

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I can't believe we aren't all over this guy. Guess it's because he isn't British.
But what's also weird is nobody 'big' is in for him either...

I can only assume it's because this is the only season where he's replicated his great stats outside of the Eredivisie in Europe.

Bearded One

I've never understood why people, especially those who support other teams, come to a United forum and throw shite at United
Yeah we are shite right now and we know it, we don't need you to come here and tell us, there are a million threads on this very forum about how shite we are.

But, in the mean time, saying United are done and dusted is jumping the gun. We finished second last year and have the financial strength to upgrade the whole squad in a year or two. Sure we may not be run very well and we have messed up many of our recent transfers, but don't think United are dead and buried, yet.
Spot on. Wish I had a "like" to give you (per twitter).

Member 93275

I've never understood why people, especially those who support other teams, come to a United forum and throw shite at United
Yeah we are shite right now and we know it, we don't need you to come here and tell us, there are a million threads on this very forum about how shite we are.

But, in the mean time, saying United are done and dusted is jumping the gun. We finished second last year and have the financial strength to upgrade the whole squad in a year or two. Sure we may not be run very well and we have messed up many of our recent transfers, but don't think United are dead and buried, yet.
Spot on. Wish I had a "like" to give you (per twitter).
I don't understand why you are reacting to a 12 year old troll who also says Ziyech is better than Hazard.

I don't like people supporting other teams to throw shit at United here where they are guests, it's shit behaviour, but you also don't understand it from your own fans - I never understood people who want a circlejerk forum, where only cheerleading is allowed, they don't understand opinion on the Internet. I never understand people who want a "like" feature because it kills real opinionated discussion in favour of circlejerking. Are you also 12? Looking for a safe haven from different opinion? Protected from negative opinion? Perhaps you should try reddit.

Sanche7

I don't understand why you are reacting to a 12 year old troll who also says Ziyech is better than Hazard.

I don't like people supporting other teams to throw shit at United here where they are guests, it's shit behaviour, but you also don't understand it from your own fans - I never understood people who want a circlejerk forum, where only cheerleading is allowed, they don't understand opinion on the Internet. I never understand people who want a "like" feature because it kills real opinionated discussion in favour of circlejerking. Are you also 12? Looking for a safe haven from different opinion? Protected from negative opinion? Perhaps you should try reddit.
Look mate, I don't have a problem with any one expressing their opinions. But he's just being a WUM for no reason. I did not ask him to be blocked or personally call him out or anything. I was just thinking out loud on why people come here just to say we are past it, we are shite etc. And if passive aggressive wumming is your idea of' real opinionated discussion', I don't have anything else to tell you friend

Bearded One

Save the insults for other fora, perhaps Reddit which you recommend because we uphold mutual respect here.

Your point could have made sense if the like button would automatically preclude any further discussion but no, it doesn't make sense so thank you and goodbye.

AgentP

Sorry to bump this thread but Overmars has come out and said Arsenal should sign him as he is better than Ozil. He had an amazing season and won't cost a lot either. So why are none of the big clubs moving for him? It seems so strange. We could use a player like him on our right wing.

davidmichael

Sorry to bump this thread but Overmars has come out and said Arsenal should sign him as he is better than Ozil. He had an amazing season and won't cost a lot either. So why are none of the big clubs moving for him? It seems so strange. We could use a player like him on our right wing.
Doesn’t he have a low’ish release clause too ? The more I think, as I said yesterday, about it the more I can’t help but believe we’re going to sign Bale on deadline day on a years loan and hope we get top 4 so we can sign Sancho next summer.

Golden Nugget

I’ve only seen him a few times and he’s impressed me, so I’m surprised too. Does he have attitude problems or is he inconsistent?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He just doesn't look like a battler to me. Perfect to stay in the Dutch league and keep dicking all over everyone but I think he's an unnecessary gamble for a Prem team as he wouldn't be cheap. Same with the Spanish teams, not at that level for the big 2 or even Atletico really, and an expensive gamble for anyone else.

marktan

He just doesn't look like a battler to me. Perfect to stay in the Dutch league and keep dicking all over everyone but I think he's an unnecessary gamble for a Prem team as he wouldn't be cheap. Same with the Spanish teams, not at that level for the big 2 or even Atletico really, and an expensive gamble for anyone else.
I hear he's moving for around £35m? Which given the season he's had is pretty cheap.

TwoSheds

I hear he's moving for around £35m? Which given the season he's had is pretty cheap.
Is he though? Do Ajax want rid, especially with a number of their key players leaving? And what wages would he want?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Aye, a player can only challenge themselves in the Premier League or in La Liga.

Sterling Archer

Curious as to why you say that? That's been one of the reasons why many on here want him - he's got skill and a gritty attitude. In fact, I recall quite a few drools over his play during the Spurs game for the way he was pressing and harrying from the front with real desire.

Sjaakmeoff

Curious as to why you say that? That's been one of the reasons why many on here want him - he's got skill and a gritty attitude. In fact, I recall quite a few drools over his play during the Spurs game for the way he was pressing and harrying from the front with real desire.
Not only against Spurs. The guy keeps on going.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
There has to be something in it; the coaching staff and scouts of the elite sides must be seeing something us casual fans aren't seeing. Nobody is in a hurry to sign a player who got 19 goals and 16 assists 40 Eredivisie + CL games (being a key figure, reaching the semi's). All whilst being available for about £30m.

And now you have Overmars, director of football, actively trying to flog him to teams. 'He's better than Ozil, promise'

It's all a bit weird.

Is he really just a big fish in a small pond? He is 26 and has moved within the twice, playing for 3 different teams. Most of the better Eredivisie talents too good for the league are gone long before that age.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
There has to be something in it; the coaching staff and scouts of the elite sides must be seeing something us casual fans aren't seeing. Nobody is in a hurry to sign a player who got 19 goals and 16 assists 40 Eredivisie + CL games (being a key figure, reaching the semi's). All whilst being available for about £30m.

And now you have Overmars, director of football, actively trying to flog him to teams. 'He's better than Ozil, promise'

It's all a bit weird.

Is he really just a big fish in a small pond? He is 26 and has moved within the twice, playing for 3 different teams. Most of the better Eredivisie talents too good for the league are gone long before that age.
I'd say the simplest explanation is that he's a bit of a prick, maybe?

TwoSheds

Dunno, I just feel like he's in and out of the game sometimes. He's like if Lingard tried harder, but would you pay £35m for that? Not sure personally. Tbf he's in the game more than Neres though from what I've seen (not loads!)

beergod

You guys look at the stats and think he's great. Top clubs look at how wasteful he is and look elsewhere. He would be a great signing for a midtable team somewhere.

Sterling Archer

Dunno, I just feel like he's in and out of the game sometimes. He's like if Lingard tried harder, but would you pay £35m for that? Not sure personally. Tbf he's in the game more than Neres though from what I've seen (not loads!)
I have only seen him in CL games and thought he looked the part. But if big clubs are staying away I'm hesitant. It wouldn't be for workrate though.

Then again...Aubameyang is a case of loads of top clubs passing, much like this kid, up until Arse took a bite. And that turned out ok.

worldinmotion66

I like him. Even in the World Cup when Morocco really struggled, he still looked a real threat, and he's obviously decent technically. I'd prefer him or Sancho as a replacement for Lukaku, with Rashford, Martial, Sanchez and Greenwood as our striker options playing in a fluid front 3. I think Ziyech's ability, work rate and versatility make him a decent signing for the prices quoted.

A front 3 from Rashford, Martial, Sanchez, Greenwood, James, Ziyech/Sancho, Chong gives us a lot of options. I'd use Mata, Lingard and Gomes in deeper positions as a third midfielder

TheeAma12

Supports
Chelsea
Maybe no one wants him because they don't see the commercial value or they think that he's a bit too lightweight. He's always been technically very good and very creative but also looks likes the player that can only function in one type of system which is highpressing possession based

Sjaakmeoff

First of all, he isn't a prick. But i can understand why people think he is.

I think the reason why no club has picked him up is because of the risk he plays with. He doesn't like the simple solutions, but like to create danger every time he's on the ball. As a result he loses the ball more often than other players. But! As you can see in the video he works very hard to get it back. And most important. He creates multiple 100% chances every game. Often with brilliant passes.

I really like him and wouldn't mind if he stays at Ajax for a very long time.