Hakim Ziyech

RooneyLegend

Clubs are clueless. Hes a bargain waiting to happen but no, clubs would rather sign teenagers for 100 million.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This £35m clause thing is the most annoying thing of the summer. It clearly wasn’t true!

Sjaakmeoff

It was.

And he'll be cheap next summer too.

At Ajax players can go cheap when they decide to stay and help the team a year longer.

Bwuk

I said it earlier this summer, absolutely mental that he’s available for 35m and we weren’t in for him.

He’d walk into our side at #10 or RW.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
It is insane that Bayern had it all worked out with him and then broke off contact. This will end up as a really stupid decision.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
I’m insanely happy he is staying another year. His left foot is pure magic. Unbelievable nobody picked him up for that amount.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
So sad that United continues to ignore attacking players from Africa. Mahrez, Mane, Salah, Auba, etc.
And now we can add Ziyech to that list.

All of whom would be an upgrade on the mighty Lingard or Mata.

United Junkie

So sad that United continues to ignore attacking players from Africa. Mahrez, Mane, Salah, Auba, etc.

He's born and raised in the Netherlands. He even has a local accent from where he comes from. Apart from having a dual citizenship he really has no real ties too his motherland apart from playing in the Moroccan team. Which could have been avoided if the KNVB went after him. I believe he would've definitely played for the Dutch team.

redshaw

Him and Van De Beek would've been great additions but they might want to stay or join someone else to be fair.

Pierluigi Casiraghi

How dare you besmirch Manucho and Biram Diouf

AFC NimbleThumb

I sort of agree with the age policy. We are better off signing players under 24. Maguire was the exception.
I think the age policy in itself is perfectly understandable & a positive.

I don’t watch world football like I used to but I would be shocked if there were not multiple under 24 players who were ‘gettable’ & could improve our squad quality.
So the club didn't try and sign an attacking player that wasn't british?
From what I saw we were after Sancho, a player the whole world rates & I highly doubt has interest in coming to us. We were then linked with Dybala, another player that didn’t seem interested.

I don’t know the ins & outs of the club like most ITKs on the caf but we appear to have gone for unrealistic attacking targets imo.

There are 1000s of players in the world, I refuse to believe with our extensive scouting we were unable to identify anyone other than Dan James who could improve our Midfield &/or Attack.

We are no longer attractive to elite players/managers so we need to get to these players before they become household names.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He stayed at Ajax ie he probably didn't want to move/ Ajax didn't want to sell

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I think the age policy in itself is perfectly understandable & a positive.

I don’t watch world football like I used to but I would be shocked if there were not multiple under 24 players who were ‘gettable’ & could improve our squad quality.

From what I saw we were after Sancho, a player the whole world rates & I highly doubt has interest in coming to us. We were then linked with Dybala, another player that didn’t seem interested.

I don’t know the ins & outs of the club like most ITKs on the caf but we appear to have gone for unrealistic attacking targets imo.

There are 1000s of players in the world, I refuse to believe with our extensive scouting we were unable to identify anyone other than Dan James who could improve our Midfield &/or Attack.

We are no longer attractive to elite players/managers so we need to get to these players before they become household names.
It's no secret the club tried for Dybala amongst others. Not exactly brits.

AFC NimbleThumb

It's no secret the club tried for Dybala amongst others. Not exactly brits.
Are you hard of reading or wilfully ignorant?

I said we were linked with Dybala & he didn’t want to come!

I’m confused as to what you’ve taken offence to me saying - you’ve literally repeated what I wrote. We tried & failed with Dybala.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I believe he stated that he had an agreement with Bayern. But they broke off the contact.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Are you hard of reading or wilfully ignorant?

I said we were linked with Dybala & he didn’t want to come!

I’m confused as to what you’ve taken offence to me saying - you’ve literally repeated what I wrote. We tried & failed with Dybala.
I didn't see the bit you wrote about Dybala.

Dutchjerry

Ajax was open for a sale, but Ziyech only wants to go to a bigger club dan Ajax, that's why he said no to Sevilla this summer. He recently (this summer) signed a new contract with Ajax.

KevinJoh

Really can't understand why we did not go for him. I guess with Van Der Sar at Ajax we had enough information about him and decided not to.

Kostov

Really can't understand why we did not go for him. I guess with Van Der Sar at Ajax we had enough information about him and decided not to.
This is the nowadays Manchester United mate, we don't do reasonable things very often. We are run by morons.

Kostov

Doesnt he give the ball away a fair bit (ala ADM)?
I suppose he does, I haven't seen the stats to be fair, but trusting my eyes I don't think there is a creative player trying to make things happen and play risky passes that does not lose the ball. I do know that I prefer that to cowards like Lingard who play the ball back to where it came from, not being able to do anything productive.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I suppose he does, I haven't seen the stats to be fair, but trusting my eyes I don't think there is a creative player trying to make things happen and play risky passes that does not lose the ball. I do know that I prefer that to cowards like Lingard who play the ball back to where it came from, not being able to do anything productive.
There are hundreds of players preferable to Lingard. I'd play Gomes over him for one. But we have to be smart here. Every wrong player signed means the right plauer possibly missed out on. I agree that we should have bolstered the attack and maybe this guy was the man for the job. But at the same time, we I've often seen that we need players who take risks and I disagree. We need players who aren't erratic and can pull off what lesser players like LingArd would find risky, with ease. For example Rojo was brave and took risks in the Europa League game. That's not the sort of football that will help the team. We don't need players to be brave and have a go. We need players who perform at a higher level and fit in better into whatever system we are playing.

Again, not saying this fellow is the wrong choice. Just a bit about what I feel we need and what may be an issue.

Kostov

There are hundreds of players preferable to Lingard. I'd play Gomes over him for one. But we have to be smart here. Every wrong player signed means the right plauer possibly missed out on. I agree that we should have bolstered the attack and maybe this guy was the man for the job. But at the same time, we I've often seen that we need players who take risks and I disagree. We need players who aren't erratic and can pull off what lesser players like LingArd would find risky, with ease. For example Rojo was brave and took risks in the Europa League game. That's not the sort of football that will help the team. We don't need players to be brave and have a go. We need players who perform at a higher level and fit in better into whatever system we are playing.

Again, not saying this fellow is the wrong choice. Just a bit about what I feel we need and what may be an issue.
You are mixing apples with oranges on this one. Rojo was not brave he was a moron, just like against Rochdale, hoofing the ball and shooting from 30m out repeatedly. Don't compare it to a technically sound player like Ziyech who is willing to take initiative and create something, like his role in the team requires him to do so, not fecking Rojo who has a half a functioning brain. Ziyech is far from my ideal choice, but at the rumored price and his availability he was a very good option for a team that has to rely on Lingard, Mata and even Pereira.

Regarding what we need, I disagree, we need these kind of players that can take the game to the oppositions, apart from Pogba we don't have a capable creator in this team and it's showing. He could play RM and CAM imo, two positions currently occupied by players who play it safe and create feck all.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
My guess is because you wanted an actual wide player, not another adapted midfielder who plays in the middle

Sancho is your main target and you signed james. Entirely different players

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
This is the nowadays Manchester United mate, we don't do reasonable things very often. We are run by morons.
But no top club went for him, or even mid table clubs in any of the top 4 leagues, despite his relatively low buyout clause (£31m according to Sky Sports). Overmars said he told Arsenal he'd be an improvement on Ozil, and was surprised they didn't enquire.

I've seen a bit of him, mostly in the Champions League, he looks good. Despite being available for a decent price, it's a little strange no club seemed to move for him.

Kostov

But no top club went for him, or even mid table clubs in any of the top 4 leagues, despite his relatively low buyout clause (£31m according to Sky Sports). Overmars said he told Arsenal he'd be an improvement on Ozil, and was surprised they didn't enquire.

I've seen a bit of him, mostly in the Champions League, he looks good. Despite being available for a decent price, it's a little strange no club seemed to move for him.
That’s one of the most cringeworthy arguments being so thrown around so often on here. So what if no other club went in for him? Do you base your opinion on a player on that? No better club went in on Maguire when he left Hull for Leicester, VVD was at Southampton for how long and untill Liverpool went in and bought him?

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
That’s one of the most cringeworthy arguments being so thrown around so often on here. So what if no other club went in for him? Do you base your opinion on a player on that? No better club went in on Maguire when he left Hull for Leicester, VVD was at Southampton for how long and untill Liverpool went in and bought him?
Probably what Giorno said a few posts up.

lon ball2

Given how weak we are in midfield and right wing it’s gobsmacking we didn’t go in for him. We need both Ziyech and Sancho