Hakim Ziyech

He's 26 and will have to adjust quickly to the PL but i like him, i wish we'd gone in at that price.

26 is good, right?
26 is fine but he's a quick, tricky winger, those kinds of players usually start to decline after they hit 30. He's got 4-5 years of his best level left, Chelsea don't want 2 of those spent getting used to the league.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
26 is fine but he's a quick, tricky winger, those kinds of players usually start to decline after they hit 30. He's got 4-5 years of his best level left, Chelsea don't want 2 of those spent getting used to the league.
I'm more concerned that both the CL quarter finals and semifinals will fall on Ramadan over the next few years.
(They are also played on the worst part of the day: just after you've been fasting for 17+ hours, no less)

I'm more concerned that both the CL quarter finals and semifinals will fall on Ramadan over the next few years.
(They are also played on the worst part of the day: just after you've been fasting for 17+ hours, no less)
Well hopefully he won't have to worry about that :)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He did this last year for Ajax and played well I believe. They're probably used to it by now and adjust to eat at different times (no expert)

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
He did this last year for Ajax and played well I believe. They're probably used to it by now and adjust to eat at different times (no expert)
Yeah, he did play good while fasting in the first half (his body probably went into digestive mood in the second half after breaking fast).

Most players try to work around it or don't fast, but not Ziyech.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
hardly how i'd describe a player who has this up his sleeve

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Did he not do that mad closing down vs spurs i think when he was fasting. Where he chased the ball all over the pitch ?

SweetRightFoot

I don't think he's that good. Great final ball though, wicked left foot. He'll do alright at Chelsea but he's still gunna be competing with Willian, CHO, Pulisic etc who are roughly around his level but offer different things.

spiriticon

How does Chelsea get him for £38 million? Did everyone forget that billionaire Roman owns them?

If we were interested we would have been quoted £80 million. Feck off.

RoyH1

How does Chelsea get him for £38 million? Did everyone forget that billionaire Roman owns them?

If we were interested we would have been quoted £80 million. Feck off.
When the guy who does our business keeps on telling the world how popular, fancy and rich we are, able to do things “other clubs can only dream of”, let’s not be surprised when we get a completely different price when we want a player.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I don't think he's that good. Great final ball though, wicked left foot. He'll do alright at Chelsea but he's still gunna be competing with Willian, CHO, Pulisic etc who are roughly around his level but offer different things.
William and Pedro are out of contract at the end of the season. We'll be going into the season with fewer options to be honest.

RedCurry

Did he not do that mad closing down vs spurs i think when he was fasting. Where he chased the ball all over the pitch ?
At that level, I wonder how many players are actually fasting. It's no one's business either way.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Nice player. Been Ajax’s best player the past 2 seasons since he’s been playing out on the right wing. Great left foot, can dribble and works hard. However.. he’s a complicated character, a bit of a sulk and it’ll be interesting to see how he copes in the EPL. He’ll certainly be afforded less time & space than in the Eredivisie. Still, I expect him to be successful and should make & name of himself because he’s quality.

wolvored

You will be ok. Chelsea wont get that far.

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
This is just false tbh

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
You will probably realise about 20 players that you don’t currently know or think are that good, are indeed good. We should probably sign all 20 to avoid being 'a mess’.
so you don't rate him them.. or are you just sarcastic full-time?

tire4

This is really an example of how badly Chelsea messed up rather than a bargain. I'm not convinced he'll be all that brilliant right away, coming from the Dutch league.

He was supposed to be wrapped up in January where they and they finally managed to get it over the line in Feb.

Had this been us and bruno, we would have been crucified by the media and the fans alike.
I think you're wrong. I think he will be Suarez-tier. He's mentally superstrong as well. He has been the best player of the Eredivisie since 2014, not just one season. He's going to be a sensation in the PL and I don't understand why United didn't buy him.

Reactions: Grinner

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I do rate him, but so what? Do we sign every player I rate? If we don’t, are we now a mess’?
well the guys Ole seems to be impressed by are nowhere near his quality... so yes (in my opinion as a supporter of the club for more than 50 years)

Yagami

Good post resistant
Can't say I'm too bothered about this. Never been that keen on him myself. The only Ajax player I wish we had got was De Jong.