Hakim Ziyech

Red_toad

Apparently we were already embarrassed by trying to sign Werner?

We’re more than desperate at this point.
I‘d like to see the evidence of all this embarrassment, seems the media can print anything and United fans rush in to believe it. Those who believe about 90% of the shite written about United need to give their heads a wobble, pure fantasy click bait.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I‘d like to see the evidence of all this embarrassment, seems the media can print anything and United fans rush in to believe it. Those who believe about 90% of the shite written about United need to give their heads a wobble, pure fantasy click bait.
And our squad would be 60 men deep based on the rumours!

House Mkhitaryan

Would love this signing if we could get him on the cheap. Was outstanding for Ajax under ETH. Hasn't been good enough at Chelsea but hasn't been terrible. I think he'd add needed depth up front and would be a better option than Elanga.

Troubling if true that ETH wants him but the board overruled, especially if he can be had on the cheap (as has been reported).

Robindinho

The board apparently say no to Ziyech, but were fine with Arnautovic?!

Think he'd be a good signing, especially should we get him on the cheap... We have zero depth - better Ziyech over Elanga/Amad.

Rob Bowman

Think he'd be a good signing, especially should we get him on the cheap... We have zero depth - better Ziyech over Elanga/Amad.
^This...

Assuming 10 mil or less, how is this not better than Elanga or whoever?

Strootman's Finger

His best position is the one position we are already well stacked, Bruno, Eriksen, DVB. Not to mention the young players that could play there too, Hannibal, Garnacho.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
For Ziyech to get the “guaranteed” playing time he feels he needs he will have to go to a MUCH smaller team than United. And he really needs to be in a league like Italy where the work rate expected of players seems much lower.

GreatDane

I'd have him on a loan with option to buy, isn't it our turn to get one of those?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I wanted him when he went to chelsea, not so sure now. I wanted Werner too - surprised we didn't go for him this month based on how poor he has been...

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Some Dutch (questionable) sources are saying Ten Hag really wants Ziyech. He can actually play on the right, but would be an underwhelming signing. Ziyech is, to my initial suprise, too lightweight for the top of the premier league.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Some Dutch (questionable) sources are saying Ten Hag really wants Ziyech. He can actually play on the right, but would be an underwhelming signing. Ziyech is, to my initial suprise, too lightweight for the top of the premier league.
Ziyech did great against Spurs and Chelsea when he was back at Ajax, which were at that point pretty decent PL sides. Ziyech can easily handly the PL. However like 99% of the players, he needs to play in a role that suits his qualities. Salah flopped in the PL when he was back at Chelsea to turn out to be the best PL player when he returned into a team that played him more to his strenghts. Ziyech could be a PL star, but he needs a dynamic, possession based team around him and him to be in a role where he's the playmaker. In Chelsea he's been used as a striker far too often and when a RW there's rarely a RB overlapping him eventhough he clearly would need one. He's not suppose to drop back in midfield and be the playmaker from there, whilst a wingback overlaps him, which is where his qualities are.

He can score goals and assist in the PL in the right team setup. He was also doing quite well when Lampard was the coach, who bought him and had the team playing in a way that was much more suited to Ziyechs strenghts. Then Ziyech got injured and when he returned Lampard was gone. Tuchel just has the team playing completely differently and Ziyech just doesn't fit in. Obvoiusly Chelsea's results have been pretty decent, so Tuchel in the end can't really be faulted (alhtough putting Ziyech as a striker really is just taking the piss) and it's just tough luck on Ziyech. However I'm convinced Ziyech is good enough to be a star in the PL.

Nevertheless I don't see why EtH should get him. Ziyech may be posted as a RW, but he's essentially playing as a #10 starting from that position being the playmaker and creative brain of the team. That's how he excelled at Ajax and that's how I'm positive he can excel in the Premier League as well. However with players like Eriksen and mainly Bruno in the team, United don't really need to play a #10-ish RW for his creativity. Ziyech to United would make sense to me if Bruno was sold, cause then United could use the creative/passing abilities of Ziyech (if Eriksen is potentially played at the 8 rather than the 10 position). However with Bruno there'd just be too many players with those type of qualities. No team needs 3 players with a killer pass. United are much more in need of a player that makes runs behind the defense right now (so players like Eriksen and Bruno can pass to these players), rather than add a RW that drops back in midfield to collect the ball.

Fahad Jawaid

He is not suited to us, We need a player in the mold of Neto, Dembele, Sane or Hazard, who when they pick up the ball, their first instinct is to take their players on, we have enough of those play making types (Sancho), we desperately need players who can commit defenders and take out players with their dribbling resulting in more space for other players.

I am more inclined towards Neto, I think similar to Jota, he would be an astute signing which we can pick up for relatively reasonable amount (Reportedly 30M) due to him just being back after a long lay off.

Teja

He is not suited to us, We need a player in the mold of Neto, Dembele, Sane or Hazard, who when they pick up the ball, their first instinct is to take their players on, we have enough of those play making types (Sancho), we desperately need players who can commit defenders and take out players with their dribbling resulting in more space for other players.

I am more inclined towards Neto, I think similar to Jota, he would be an astute signing which we can pick up for relatively reasonable amount (Reportedly 30M) due to him just being back after a long lay off.
Yeah I agree. We got a bit of a too many chiefs and not enough Indians situation going on. (No idea if that's PC these days)

Bruno, Sancho, Eriksen, Ronaldo, Rashford. None of these can run with the ball. I think that's why we were so obsessed with Antony.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre

Neto would be intriguing signing, also looking bit more safer option than Pulisić who's having dips in form here and there.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
For a team worried about a culture in which players aren’t putting in the basic work and running needed, buying Ziyech seems a bad idea.

He is honestly more suited to somewhere like Serie A.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ziyech did great against Spurs and Chelsea when he was back at Ajax, which were at that point pretty decent PL sides. Ziyech can easily handly the PL. However like 99% of the players, he needs to play in a role that suits his qualities. Salah flopped in the PL when he was back at Chelsea to turn out to be the best PL player when he returned into a team that played him more to his strenghts. Ziyech could be a PL star, but he needs a dynamic, possession based team around him and him to be in a role where he's the playmaker. In Chelsea he's been used as a striker far too often and when a RW there's rarely a RB overlapping him eventhough he clearly would need one. He's not suppose to drop back in midfield and be the playmaker from there, whilst a wingback overlaps him, which is where his qualities are.

He can score goals and assist in the PL in the right team setup. He was also doing quite well when Lampard was the coach, who bought him and had the team playing in a way that was much more suited to Ziyechs strenghts. Then Ziyech got injured and when he returned Lampard was gone. Tuchel just has the team playing completely differently and Ziyech just doesn't fit in. Obvoiusly Chelsea's results have been pretty decent, so Tuchel in the end can't really be faulted (alhtough putting Ziyech as a striker really is just taking the piss) and it's just tough luck on Ziyech. However I'm convinced Ziyech is good enough to be a star in the PL.

Nevertheless I don't see why EtH should get him. Ziyech may be posted as a RW, but he's essentially playing as a #10 starting from that position being the playmaker and creative brain of the team. That's how he excelled at Ajax and that's how I'm positive he can excel in the Premier League as well. However with players like Eriksen and mainly Bruno in the team, United don't really need to play a #10-ish RW for his creativity. Ziyech to United would make sense to me if Bruno was sold, cause then United could use the creative/passing abilities of Ziyech (if Eriksen is potentially played at the 8 rather than the 10 position). However with Bruno there'd just be too many players with those type of qualities. No team needs 3 players with a killer pass. United are much more in need of a player that makes runs behind the defense right now (so players like Eriksen and Bruno can pass to these players), rather than add a RW that drops back in midfield to collect the ball.
I agree Ziyech could work in a system and role that's suited to his strenghts, but this is kind of the problem with all the Ajax signings who did well for Ajax against top opposition. They're great when the condition are aligned perfectly, but not strong enough to adept to the more physical style of most of the premier league and not good enough to warrant interest from a team like City that is more suited to his style.

croadyman

There's no doubt we do lack that kind of wide player, however doesn't seem to be any links at all

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Linked to Everton for £25m according to Skysports.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
They don’t have the money hence why they were after the loan of Danjuma. They might loan him but zero chance they pay £25m.
Well we’ll see. They could sell Gordon for a decent fee.

autopilot

Supports
Chelsea
Don't think there's anything in this. Do believe there might be something in Ziyech wanting out, but he'll have better and less chaotic suitors than Everton when he leaves.