Gaming Halo Infinite | Season 2 launches May 3rd - comes with two new maps!

Bojan11

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...-qa-day-night-cycle-dynamic-weather-and-more/

Halo Infinite developer 343 Industries has hosted a lengthy Q&A session that reveals wealth of new information on the game’s Zeta Halo environment, including the way the day/night cycle affects the enemies players will encounter.
One question during the 45-minute video asks whether the time of day affects how enemies will respond to the player’s presence, or if it will change the numbers or types of enemies they’ll encounter.

“When you’re moving through the world in the darker periods, you’re gonna end up seeing more patrols of Phantoms moving through the space with searchlights and that kind of thing, which is pretty cool and adds kind of an eerie element to what’s going on around you,” answered lead world designer John Mulkey.

“You’ll probably run into more opportunities where Grunts are sleeping on the job [and] get the drop on some enemies that way. Then we’ve done some things to try to emphasise, honestly, just cool things that would look good in dark spaces, so we’re going with things that have more emissives on them and that kind of thing.
So you’ll run into Shield Jackals and that kind of thing, because when they put the shields on it looks really cool in the dark. And I mean, honestly, it’s simply because it just looks really cool and it’s really fun to fight those in that kind of environment.

“We put more coils in place and stuff like that because they glow and have really cool effects in the darker spaces. Enemies with personal shields, that kind of stuff. Those are the kinds of things you’ll see as you’re going through the darker areas when it’s in the night-time cycles.”
Other new information revealed during the video includes:

• The game has dynamic weather, with a wind system and a fog system included. There may be storms or snowstorms added in a post-launch update.
  • The Zeta Halo ring is fully 3D rendered, and when the sun passes behind it there may be a short eclipse.
  • Weapons can’t be upgraded, because the team felt it would start to move away from “what Halo was all about”. Some equipment can be upgraded, though.
  • The game’s open world is inspired by the Silent Cartographer mission from the original Halo, in that it gives players the freedom to choose how to approach each mission, with whatever weapons or vehicles they decide to use.
  • New biomes include higher altitudes, swampy wetlands and war-torn areas called the Deadlands.
  • When asked if the open world means players could grab a Banshee and drive to an objective three missions ahead in the story, the reply was “do it”.
  • There will be audio logs giving more background on previous battles that took place.
  • There are no ‘traditional’ cutscenes: it’s all done live in the engine and the camera will pull out from Master Chief’s head to present them. This means the time of day, weapons being held etc. will be accurate

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Never played a halo game before but this looks alright.

Were the other halos quite linear like COD campaigns?

Nickosaur

I always loved the Halo campaigns. Spent hours on split screen sessions with mates on Halo 1 and 2. Online never really grabbed me - played a few times with some guys on here but none of my other mates were into it.

This looks class though. Feel it will be worth the wait.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Linear but in a huge open world so different to COD
I don't think it's a huge open world but just open spaces / hubs.

I guess like TLOU2.

Edit: oh, does say 'open world' in Bojan's bullets

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
The new one is open world, the old ones are linear levels like COD.

Bojan11

Makes it sound like it's an Xbox exclusive, not that it's an Xbox console and PC exclusive.

But look, I suppose Xbox fanboys tend to be desperate.
If I wanted it to sound like an Xbox exclusive, I would have simply written Xbox exclusive. That’s where the console bit comes in. Do you get it? It's vital people know that the only console to play Halo on is Xbox.

Bojan11

If there's anyone who doesn't actually know that Halo has always been an Xbox exclusive, then maybe they're not interested in playing it.
Maybe they new to gaming. We got people in the PlayStation thread, who are starting to game. We need to guide these people.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
If I wanted it to sound like an Xbox exclusive, I would have simply written Xbox exclusive. That’s where the console bit comes in. Do you get it? It's vital people know that the only console to play Halo on is Xbox.
The average gamer won't have a clue though will they? It's people who own a pc and go "wait I thought Microsoft games were on both pc and Xbox" who will be confused by the title. It's unnecessary

Bojan11

The average gamer won't have a clue though will they? It's people who own a pc and go "wait I thought Microsoft games were on both pc and Xbox" who will be confused by the title. It's unnecessary

Are you still going on? What does it say on the cover? I am going by Microsofts description, not yours.

I know you are an average gamer, but sorry, the threads clear. What consoles is Halo Infinite going to be released on? Xbox consoles. Hence console exclusive. If you own a PC, then I'm sure you pretty clued up on gaming news, unlike the casual console gamer. Don't keep cluttering this thread with nonsense. If you don't like the term ‘console exclusive’ then tweet xboxp3. Don't try to takeover my threads.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

Are you still going on? What does it say on the cover? I am going by Microsofts description, not yours.

I know you are an average gamer, but sorry, the threads clear. What consoles is Halo Infinite going to be released on? Xbox consoles. Hence console exclusive. If you own a PC, then I'm sure you pretty clued up on gaming news, unlike the casual console gamer. Don't keep cluttering this thread with nonsense. If you don't like the term ‘console exclusive’ then tweet xboxp3. Don't try to takeover my threads.
You are a sad, lonely little man, and I pity you.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I don't think it's a huge open world but just open spaces / hubs.

I guess like TLOU2.

Edit: oh, does say 'open world' in Bojan's bullets
Yeah we were talking about the previous halos, so the previous halos were like tlou2 in terms of space but really only one route/way to do stuff?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Had a peak at the gameplay trailer from last year. Weirdly I expected it to be more visually realistic, but it's more like apex legends cartoony in a way? Not saying that's a bad thing but just caught me off guard if I'm honest. Might just be because it's an early build?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
It’ll probably be cheaper on steam as well

That'sHernandez

Yeah we were talking about the previous halos, so the previous halos were like tlou2 in terms of space but really only one route/way to do stuff?
Previous games had giant levels that were 100% linear with no choices, except for ODST which was an open world that sort of branched off into linear levels. But it wasn’t an open world in the sense that GTA is

Had a peak at the gameplay trailer from last year. Weirdly I expected it to be more visually realistic, but it's more like apex legends cartoony in a way? Not saying that's a bad thing but just caught me off guard if I'm honest. Might just be because it's an early build?
Halo has always been a bit cartoony in terms of enemies and weapons

Bojan11

Welcome back to another Inside Infinite, our monthly blog series where we provide an in-depth look at key components of Halo Infinite. In this installment, we’ve asked the 343 Audio Team to bring you closer to their process than ever before.

If you haven’t seen our previous Inside Infinite posts, we highly recommend reading them to learn more about the game!
  • Art, Graphics, & Live: Hear about our improvements since last year’s campaign demo and get an early glimpse at player customization.
  • Sandbox: Learn about how we designed the weapons, vehicles, equipment, grenades, and more to ensure they are intuitive and reward player mastery.
  • Campaign: Find out what it takes to bring Zeta Halo to life and see screenshots of this expansive new world.
As a reminder, if you have any burning questions you want to ask the Audio Team after this Inside Infinite, just ask us on Twitter using #Ask343 and it may get featured in our next community Q&A video on YouTube.

Now, let’s go hear what the Audio Team has been working on for Halo Infinite!

As we look ahead to release this fall, what is the Audio Team primarily focused on in the remaining months?

ST: I'm in charge of audio mixing, so I will be working towards the final mix while polishing content and addressing bugs with my team to deliver the best Halo audio experience we can.

CT: I'm primarily focused on closing out all of our remaining bugs/issues and optimizing the audio for each of the platforms we’ll be shipping on!

KF: Playing the game a whole lot, trying to find any bugs along with polishing as much content as possible.

JY: The music team is focused on polishing player experiences across the entire game. From reworking certain sequences to improving our music systems and squashing bugs.
One other way we’re increasing spatial awareness in Halo Infinite is through Virtual Surround Sound. Halo Infinite will be the first Halo title to support the Virtual Surround Sound technologies Dolby Atmos, Windows Sonic, and DTS Headphone:X. These spatial audio technologies allow us to make sounds feel like they’re playing from behind or above you, when you’re only wearing stereo headphones. We’ve created a custom setup for our in-game sounds so that you get a clear separation between spatial and non-spatial content. This way, whether playing over headphones or on a surround sound system, you can very clearly tell exactly where your enemies are when you’re in combat.

With the scope of Halo Infinite (name says it all?) being larger than any previous Halo game, we established early on that we would need between 3 and 4 hours of written music. This only covers the campaign and does not include our multiplayer experience, which will be fun to discuss more in the future.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'd love to do that job of field recording for film or games. They get well creative with it.

Conor

Have any of the more recent Halos been good online? I used to live and breathe MLG Halo 3 back in the day, are they still good as a competitive shooter?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
It's still a tragedy that bungie left.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Have any of the more recent Halos been good online? I used to live and breathe MLG Halo 3 back in the day, are they still good as a competitive shooter?
Halo 5 online was arguably as good as ever, I really do believe that. But it wasn't innovative or game changing so obviously didn't have the draw or attention of Halo 1, 2, 3.

Looked and played great. Fantastic movement. Tons of modes. Shooting top notch. Campaign was a let down and in general the game doesn't have the pull that it use to.

Still, Halo 5 came out 6 years ago (or, will when Infinite comes out).

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Either way it seems like a really nit-picky and petty argument...
Clearly you have not seen the other console threads. It's all just people anxiously trying to prove that they could have more fun than the other people if only they weren't currently trying to anxiously prove it.

That'sHernandez

Halo hasn't been good online since Reach, unless you enjoy 343's courting of the COD crowd. Personally I think they ruined it and Halo Reach will always be the pinnacle of Halo multiplayer.

That'sHernandez

Halo 5 online was arguably as good as ever, I really do believe that. But it wasn't innovative or game changing so obviously didn't have the draw or attention of Halo 1, 2, 3.

Looked and played great. Fantastic movement. Tons of modes. Shooting top notch. Campaign was a let down and in general the game doesn't have the pull that it use to.

Still, Halo 5 came out 6 years ago (or, will when Infinite comes out).
I didn't play much Halo 5 multiplayer, but the bits I tried the pace was much faster than previous games; is that correct or did I just get a crappy match up? I also I don't/didn't enjoy the load outs. Halo is all about weapon and map control for me, it adds an element to the game that other FPS multiplayers don't have. Starting with the weapon you want instead of having to scavenge took a lot away from the gameplay for me.

Bojan11

Halo 2 was the best for me. I was like 13 at the time and used to do the old standby trick where if I was host, I would reset my router in a CTF Match and it would freeze the game for everyone whilst I would be in the opponents base stealing the flag and then capturing it by the time everything has restarted. This is how you cheat @esmufc07.

The maps were amazing. Headlong, Zanzibar and Blood Gulch(whatever you called it in Halo 2) were some of the best MP maps in history. Big Team Battle at the time was unique and so was the matchmaking features. It was just ahead of its time.

That'sHernandez

Halo 2 was the best for me. I was like 13 at the time and used to do the old standby trick where if I was host, I would reset my router in a CTF Match and it would freeze the game for everyone whilst I would be in the opponents base stealing the flag and then capturing it by the time everything has restarted. This is how you cheat @esmufc07.

The maps were amazing. Headlong, Zanzibar and Blood Gulch(whatever you called it in Halo 2) were some of the best MP maps in history. Big Team Battle at the time was unique and so was the matchmaking features. It was just ahead of its time.
What a total knob you are. Blood Gulch was Coagulation in Halo 2, Valhalla in Halo 3.

I spent a lot of time playing Halo 2, I really enjoyed it, but in terms of a balanced and competitive gameplay Reach was far better in my opinion.

Bojan11

What a total knob you are. Blood Gulch was Coagulation in Halo 2, Valhalla in Halo 3.

I spent a lot of time playing Halo 2, I really enjoyed it, but in terms of a balanced and competitive gameplay Reach was far better in my opinion.
The bigger knobs were the ones that would betray you when you finally picked up the sword or rockets.