Gaming Halo Infinite | Season 2 launches May 3rd - comes with two new maps!

Bosws87

To carry on the Input based debate.

The Halo Championship series was this weekend just gone i watched quite a bit of it on the side, the only Keyboard & mouse team got knocked out in the 3rd round and 99.9% of competitors used a controller and the eventual winners were obvious all controller.

That speaks for itself so if you want to play Halo to the best of your ability/be as competitive as possible controller is the only option.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
To carry on the Input based debate.

The Halo Championship series was this weekend just gone i watched quite a bit of it on the side, the only Keyboard & mouse team got knocked out in the 3rd round and 99.9% of competitors used a controller and the eventual winners were obvious all controller.

That speaks for itself so if you want to play Halo to the best of your ability/be as competitive as possible controller is the only option.
Ok

Bosws87

I know you have got a lot of free time on your hands today and have posted more then 50 times already, but less of the spam to increase post numbers its a valid discussion we have been having in here for a while.

altodevil

I know you have got a lot of free time on your hands today and have posted more then 50 times already, but less of the spam to increase post numbers its a valid discussion we have been having in here for a while.
Valid to yourself and no-one else

Bosws87

Valid to yourself and no-one else
I'm not slating your precious Xbox its ok, i'm discussing a game im currently playing daily and changes that should be made in my opinion,

So after trying this for some time (as a keyboard and mouse player), I've decided that the pace of Halo games just isn't for me. The time to kill is far too slow for my liking, I'm a long time battlefield player so that probably explains why it feels a little slow/sluggish. I also hate how overpowered melee feels.
I think that's my gripe with the multiplayer too. It seems far more suited to a controller than a keyboard and mouse because it takes so long to kill someone, shields recover so quick, and melee is so powerful making movement more important than aiming at times. It's objectively really good, but more better suited to consoles.
Yeah, there's a pretty strong aim assist when using a controller too. Definitely feels more like a console game but I still enjoy it with KBM
Yes i'm totally on my own in this discussion, feel free to add me on Halo Seanb21 or do you just defend a piece of plastic rather then actually use it.

altodevil

I'm not slating your precious Xbox its ok, i'm discussing a game im currently playing daily and changes that should be made in my opinion,

Yes i'm totally on my own in this discussion, feel free to add me on Halo Seanb21 or do you just defend a piece of plastic rather then actually use it.
Keep going

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Are you Sean Bean?

Bosws87

Are you Sean Bean?
Unfortunately not, i'm also no longer 21 like my Xbox gamertag implies, shocking i know.

Hold on a minute i remember your playstation name being horrific so pipe down! :lol:

This is worth a watch was the semis with optic having to win to stay in the series, the Cloud9 guy that drops the ball was killed by friendly fire!

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Me too, I find the bosses a bit annoying though. Just quit playing after trying to kill the boss that appears after switching off the laser. I got killed about fifty times.
At the dig site? I just did that today. Lured him to a bunch of those explode-able coils then hit him with loads of grenades and shoulder barges. Run away if he doesn’t go down. That’s the key, get him down then bombard him

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
At the dig site? I just did that today. Lured him to a bunch of those explode-able coils then hit him with loads of grenades and shoulder barges. Run away if he doesn’t go down. That’s the key, get him down then bombard him
Shoulder barges? I've never used them! Yeah, in the dig site. I was carrying a sniper rifle and shotgun when I switched the laser off, so I haven't got much to shoot him with. I'll try again tomorrow, the way you said. I am enjoying it though, great game, it's addictive, a bit old school in a way.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Shoulder barges? I've never used them! Yeah, in the dig site. I was carrying a sniper rifle and shotgun when I switched the laser off, so I haven't got much to shoot him with. I'll try again tomorrow, the way you said. I am enjoying it though, great game, it's addictive, a bit old school in a way.
Look around the site, there’s loads of cannons, heavy machine guns etc to pickup in the armouries

sorry not shoulder barge, I mean whack them with your gun.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
That guy was annoyingly difficult. Also if you run far enough away from him you can trigger a checkpoint so you don't have to start the fight over and over.

Edit: I had the Brute pistol and some other crap weapon for a later boss and it did me in until I found a decent alternative in the boss arena.

UnofficialDevil

Look around the site, there’s loads of cannons, heavy machine guns etc to pickup in the armouries

sorry not shoulder barge, I mean whack them with your gun.
Yeah the save game starts in the locked up area with the boss, so I cant look around the site now, I’ll have ago again tonight.

UnofficialDevil

That guy was annoyingly difficult. Also if you run far enough away from him you can trigger a checkpoint so you don't have to start the fight over and over.

Edit: I had the Brute pistol and some other crap weapon for a later boss and it did me in until I found a decent alternative in the boss arena.
How can I run away from him when the exits are all locked? I’m in that thing above the ground were the laser switch was, all exits are closed for the fight unless Ive missed one.

That'sHernandez

How can I run away from him when the exits are all locked? I’m in that thing above the ground were the laser switch was, all exits are closed for the fight unless Ive missed one.
Just grappling hook all the way down the corridor as far as you can, as quick as you can. I managed it somehow, not sure how tbh

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I'm so glad to not be the only person struggling with the guy at the excavation site. Feck me, his taunts after killing me yet again are really starting to rankle.

That'sHernandez

Just finished it, decent enough ending if a little cheesy.

Fecking hunters may as well be bosses, they’re solid.

altodevil

Just finished it, decent enough ending if a little cheesy.

Fecking hunters may as well be bosses, they’re solid.
They get on my tits big time. So used to dealing with them on co-op which is much easier to cheese!

I used the mauler for the dig site boss, but did die a handful of times to the cnut.

Bosws87

Games already dead they screwed it up big time and have no one to blame apart from themselves, shame really as it had a solid gameplay core.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Tried Warzone tonight. Besides being a laggy, buggy mess (guns and people kept turning into huge pixelated groups of triangles), the contrast in terms of visibility, graphics and general polish was huge.

Upto diamond 3 after my first good night on ranked for a while. Had about 2 games of Slayer and CTF in the last 40. Not sure why but struggle to get anything outside Oddball and Stronghold.

The melee still feels fecked to me though. Difficult to connect and feels inconsistent which is frustrating as its so important in Halo. And I do wish there wasn't so many grenades! Especially when friendly fire is on in ranked.
Remember when alock was like this is better than warzone.

Coxy

Games already dead they screwed it up big time and have no one to blame apart from themselves, shame really as it had a solid gameplay core.
As a campaign only player I loved the game - my favourite Halo game for some time.

But I take your point for anyone who enjoys multiplayer

ArjenIsM3

As a campaign only player I loved the game - my favourite Halo game for some time.

But I take your point for anyone who enjoys multiplayer
Yeah same here. I did play multiplayer for a while but I got bored as once I finished the game pass there just wasn't anything to unlock and there weren't enough maps.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Been on last few nights for the first time in ages. Game is still great but already tiring of the same maps.

They just hadn't prepared for the scale of content expected now from a free to play mp game.

It's still a great game and does everything it's supposed to, so not a big deal. When the content comes I'll go back to it. The problem is they have to drip feed it whilst doesn't really solve the problem because one new map added to the rotation will get boring quite quick too.

They should just rebuild old Halo maps to accelerate the content.

Nickosaur

Haven't played in a few weeks due to Elden Ring, but I love the big team battles. Gameplay is genuinely brilliant, but with only 3? maps for BTB it doesn't keep my interest for long.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

details from Era said:
Details:
  • 1 Arena Map called Catalyst
  • 1 BTB Map called Breaker
  • New Battle Pass
  • 1000 Credits earnable in the Premium tier of the Battle Pass
  • New and returning Gametypes such as Last Spartan Standing and King of the Hill
  • Co-op slated for a mid Season 2 update

ArjenIsM3

It's still a good game though. Just wish they'd come out with new content and changes to the challenge system (or a new system altogether) sooner.

ArjenIsM3

Thoughts on Last Spartan Standing? I honestly think it could be a fun gamemode if it wasn't so heavily reliant on powerups and camping. Right now, it's absolutely shite IMHO. If you manage to make it to top 3 and you have powerups you stand a chance but if you don't you're almost guaranteed to be up against someone with an overshield or two, maybe even overshield + invisibility with another shield in hand. 9/10 you don't stand a chance which completely ruins it for me. You just know they're going to rush you with the shotgun. If they nerve the powerups and make it so the maps starts to get smaller quicker it could be good but for me the only reason to play it now is because that's the only way to complete the event challenges and get the gear.