Hands up if you owe Fred an apology

MAME DIOUF 32

o/

I thought he was useless because he wasn't performing. I thought he was lazy because both Mourinho and Ole seemed reluctant to pick him. I couldn't see what he was good at, I thought he was nothing more than a brilliant prank City played on us.

What's he played now, something like 18 out of 20 games including the Christmas/new year period? I've probably given him MotM in half of those appearances. We've been total rubbish most of the season but imagine how much worse it might've been without Fred playing like 3 men in midfield.

So I absolutely owe Fred an apology. I still see big limitations but I'm convinced that if everyone had his attitude we would have many more points.

arnie_ni

Me to a point.

I thought he was useless, but he was playing poorly up until this season.

He's an entirely different player now

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Thought he wouldn't make it here but he's a fine player.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
\(•_•)
-( - (>
-/ - \

Art Vandelay

Me. I regularly call him shit, but he's been getting better and was our best player by a mile today. Hopefully it's the start of something very good from him.

LInkash

Yeah, I thought he was done after that dreadful performance in that cup/Europa game (I forget which) where all he did was give the ball away

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Me for sure. Didn't rate him. Proving me wrong. Looks a good player playing in a dreadfully average team.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I’m one of the few that stuck by him. It was obvious there was a good player in there as he was always the standout player for shaktar against champions league teams. He was obviously a player that needed time to settle.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Aye probably, I didn't abuse him as such but I thought he'd flopped past the point of redemption. He's one of our best and most important players now.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Neville does, and he did give him one on commentary. Was praising him a lot today.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
There were signs last season (PSG away) so stranger things have happened than Fred's form this season

Sylar

Was it psg away that he played? Thought that was the first time he looked like he had something to make it at United

TheHeya

I owed Lingard an apology 2 years ago and look how that has turned out.

RedIan

I thought he was way out of his depth however as hes played regularly he has improved and is now a decent midfielder. Not a brilliant midfielder like Scholes Carrick Keane Beckham Robson Ince - but hes ok in this pretty average team. Until he adds scoring and more assists to his game he remains a workhorse.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Absolutely!! I had him pegged as a mercenary who wasn’t going to give us his best, but he has been superb and put those criticisms to rest.

Living in Brazil, it’s extra fun to have a Brazilian playing well for the team. In today’s market, 50 million is actually starting to look like a fair deal.

I can’t wait to see him in a good system with better players round him. He is my favorite United player at the moment, no question!

Sorry Fred!

Paul_Scholes18

I wanted him to be given a chance last season. Did wonder why he never got the chance.
Thought there must be something wrong with him, but I guess we may never fully know.

Often liked him when he has played.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The only good thing from the Pogba injury was that it gave Fred a do or die run at becoming a regular.
And he's taken it well so far.

Ace of Spades

I thought he had the ability, but not the mentality and maybe the pressure got to him and why he could not settle. But, he has done great to improve and adjust to the PL. Maybe that shows that a little patience is needed with all players. The advantage for him is that he is not a sick note like some players, at least that gives you a chance to learn and improve on the training field.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
The sort of bang average player Liverpool fans used to try to convince themselves was boss la.

Doesn't score goals. Doesn't have many assists.

A squad player at best if you want to challenge for the title.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I have trashed Fred for a good year, happy to accept he's finally showing me up.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I believed in him longer than most but at some point gave up on him. Always had a soft spot for a little Brazilian though.

fps

I always wanted him to get a run of games and thought how Mourinho treated him was disgraceful.

But I also felt he must be too poor in training to merit a start and his performances on the pitch proved it.

Now I am delighted I was so wrong and am annoyed at how little he played after initially signing.

Canagel

Not me. He hasn't made a "turnaround" contrary to popular opinion on here. He was good last season in his limited minutes and better this one simply by playing consecutive games. That's it.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
My hands up. I blame Mourinho though. His coaching set Fred back a year and now Ole has him back on track. :)

bucky

Still not entirely convinced. He needs to keep it up. My problem wasn't necessarily with him, but what we could have had instead of him for the same money.

CallyRed

Football fans are fickle. Takes 2 or 3 bad games on the spin and he will be deemed 'shit' again.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Honestly I don't think he's average at all, - if he was playing for a rival now I'd be absolutely jealous.