Hannah Blundell joins United Women from Chelsea

Lightbringer

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...ounce-signing-of-hannah-blundell-from-chelsea

“I’m really excited to be joining this great club and I’m looking forward to being part of the journey with this team. I believe Manchester United can be successful and win trophies, and I will do everything I can to help bring success to the club.
“Hannah is another great signing for the women’s team; she is a fantastic full-back who can play on either side and will add real strength to the back line. Hannah also brings experience to the squad having been involved in the WSL for several years with Chelsea, winning numerous trophies including four league titles.

Lightbringer

It was a reference to the jersey reveal where they spelled a player's name wrong
Got you, Adidas did not spell a players name wrong that time either, they used a complete different name, Amy instead of Millie :-) Probably even worse. But that was Adidas btw, not Manchester United Women.

kundalini

Hannah Blundell as right-back and Ona Battle as left-back is probably an improvement, though it still leaves us without a left-footed full-back.

According to FBref, Ona has played left-back far more often than Hannah in recent years; possible it'll be the other way round.

Martha Harris and Kirsty Smith as back-up, unless either leaves; both appear to be out of contract, but giving the impression they are staying, unless I've missed something.

Last edited:

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
Hannah Blundell as right-back and Ona Battle as left-back is probably an improvement, though it still leaves us without a left-footed full-back.

According to FBref, Ona has played left-back far more often than Hannah in recent years; possible it'll be the other way round.

Martha Harris and Kirsty Smith as back-up, unless either leaves; both appear to be out of contract, but giving the impression they are staying, unless I've missed something.
Harris had a +1 on her contract but Smiths did end. Both have been in kit pics so seem to be staying, but tbh I’d only keep Smith.