Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
TBF I don't think he broke either leg. According to wiki he was back playing in a month.
yeah sorry I didn’t mean he actually did - but that’s the sort of tackle that could. look how he bends both of possebons legs, it’s quite a miracle he didn’t.

NYAS

Our lad is through to the final. Great experience for him.

Glorio

That's a ton of experience in a very pressurised situation. Imagine what that would do for his confidence if he wins a final of a major tournament by the time he's back.

OmarUnited4ever

That's a ton of experience in a very pressurised situation. Imagine what that would do for his confidence if he wins a final of a major tournament by the time he's back.
Exactly, next, Qatar or Algeria, both tough opponents, hope he comes back with confidence and determination to get a serious chance with the 1st team

Not a plastic hoe.

Watched him against Egypt today he was very good and caused a lot of problems almost all the corners that Tunisia won were directly from him! Wishing him the best in the final he has been fantastic in this tournament so far.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Their goals conceded are to players from the Swedish 4th tier, Mauritania league, Oman league and Bahrain league. So for the most part, absolute shite.
4 extremely underrated leagues in my opinion

Adnan

Talent Spotter
First time I'm hearing him give a interview in English.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Sounds like a nice kid. Congrats on reaching the final and merde for when you get there Hannibal!

Red the Bear

Something less generic
This is great really rooting for him hope Ralph gives him a good chance when he comes back

Algeria are a very decent team with some very good players they won the latest afcon with players like baghdad bunjah being stars for them(a player from alsad who became asia cl top scorer if im not mistaken)

Also a nice fact egypt his opponent in the semi final was coached by our very own Carlos qeiroz

Bondi77

Sounds like a good guy and I am looking forward to seeing him develop for us this season.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
He seems really gifted and on top of that which is an element we don't always see and why a lot of talented players fail, he seems to work hard and is currently quite grounded and keeps his head down, positive signs but time will tell.

Unfortunately, I think he's more B2B 8/10 hybrid than a 6 which does make it harder to break into our team, I think actually buying a proper 6 could help speed up his move to the first team as Scott & Fred for me are hybrid 6/8's not pure in either sense and someone like Mejbri''s skillset would sit better next to a #6, interesting times!

Would love to know what Ragnick makes of him and this tournament timing has been quite frustrating as I think he would have already received game time.

Bestietom

In the 4-2-2-2 system we are playing, I think Hannibal will be better than Bruno in the dual-No.10. He can also slot in two the lower 2. In fact the 2-2 midfield setup is highly dynamic, lateral and vertical switching is important between those four.
Really hope Rangnick gives him some game time.

Red00012

Plays the semi finals on the 15th against Egypt and then he's either in the third place playoff or the final on the 18th. Would assume that he'd be available for selection against Newcastle on the 27th.
He hasn’t made a squad and I don’t think he even trains with the 1st team so I doubt we’ll see him anytime soon

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can we get him a loan sorted in January?

I know he has the AFCON but it would be a huge waste to play these 2 tournaments then send him back to reserve football again.

Clearly he's at the point where he needs the next challenge. If he can't get first team minutes here we should be sending him away until he's ready. Similar to how Chelsea used Mason Mount.

mav_9me

Nothing awesome in that compilation.

Anyway yeah @Adam-Utd no doubt either a loan or minutes with first team are due now.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I should know better by now before I start to hype our youth but can't help i really hope he makes it here really warming up to him

One thing I've noticed is how calm he is seeing how erratic our midfield could be from time to time(mainly Bruno forcing things pogba holding on too long and Fred just not being a good passer though no fault of his own) so maybe having him there could help us control the midfield better?

Though perhaps not very wise to ask that from a 19 year old

the_cliff

What is the level of the other players in the tournament?
Egypt are a good team and he faces an even better team in the final in Algeria, if he performs well against Algeria can see him being used by Ralf as soon as he comes back. The Afcon next month will be another very good experience for him.

SAFMUTD

Egypt are a good team and he faces an even better team in the final in Algeria, if he performs well against Algeria can see him being used by Ralf as soon as he comes back. The Afcon next month will be another very good experience for him.
Honest question, do these teams align their best squads? I mean obviously neither Salah nor Mahrez are playing that cup, but are the other senior players at it?

the_cliff

Honest question, do these teams align their best squads? I mean obviously neither Salah nor Mahrez are playing that cup, but are the other senior players at it?
The majority of the Asian Countries (barring Saudi) have their best squads. Egypt only really have 3 European based players that start for them anyway (Salah, El Neny and Trezeguet). So Hannibal did play against 70% of Egypts first team. Tunisia are similar to Egypt in terms of the number of European based players so they're also at nearly full strength.

Algeria probably have the least amount of starters but do have players that play for their first 11 like Belaili (who starts ahead of Benrahma of West Ham and Ounas of Napoli for the first team) and Bounedjah (who starts ahead of Slimani of Lyon for the first team). They also have players like Brahimi and Benlamri (who were recently playing for Porto and Lyon) but have since moved to the Qatari league. So I wouldn't say the competition is of a bad level, there's definitely some very good players and teams in the competition and it is a good experience for Hannibal.

SAFMUTD

The majority of the Asian Countries (barring Saudi) have their best squads. Egypt only really have 3 European based players that start for them anyway (Salah, El Neny and Trezeguet). So Hannibal did play against 70% of Egypts first team. Tunisia are similar to Egypt in terms of the number of European based players so they're also at nearly full strength.

Algeria probably have the least amount of starters but do have players that play for their first 11 like Belaili (who starts ahead of Benrahma of West Ham and Ounas of Napoli for the first team) and Bounedjah (who starts ahead of Slimani of Lyon for the first team). They also have players like Brahimi and Benlamri (who were recently playing for Porto and Lyon) but have since moved to the Qatari league. So I wouldn't say the competition is of a bad level, there's definitely some very good players and teams in the competition and it is a good experience for Hannibal.
Thanks! great to know, as you said it sounds as a really great experience for Mejbri. Specially since he's been getting all these MOTM awards and is going to play the final. Hopefully they win it, it'll do wonders for his confidence.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Really looking forward to Hannibal coming through, he looks like someone really capable of breaking through in the next few years.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Will he come back in a week? I would like to see him given an opportunity as one of the No10s to find out if he can give Bruno a competition. We gave away our possession so easily and cheaply yesterday. No matter how many times McFred recover the ball, we just give it away right away. It’s not sustainable.
I'm thinking the same. His future is an 8 in my opinion, but I don't think he's ready to play that role at senior level yet. Easing him in as one of the interiores seems the best move with his press resistance and ability to carry the ball being huge positives for the role.
4 extremely underrated leagues in my opinion
:lol:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
According to L'Equipe, Rangnick tried to sign Hannibal for RB Leipzig.

RuudTom83

One reason to reduce the size of the squad…there is a good mini bunch of young players that can make up the minutes.

the_cliff

Thanks! great to know, as you said it sounds as a really great experience for Mejbri. Specially since he's been getting all these MOTM awards and is going to play the final. Hopefully they win it, it'll do wonders for his confidence.
Just as an addition North Africans love their football and he's playing with 40,000 plus fans in the stadium and with a lot of pressure. I can guarantee he's coming back ready to play first team football, whether that's on loan or with us remains to be seen.

Ekeke

According to L'Equipe, Rangnick tried to sign Hannibal for RB Leipzig.

Makes sense. Before he signed for us you could already see from the clips available that he had something, also why we paid the fee we didnt as opposed to the other young players we brought in at the time where we didnt

Status
Not open for further replies.